A Flip of The Bat

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: A Flip of The Bat

In Response to A Flip of The Bat:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure what the Yankees are complaining about, I thought the flipping of the bat was old school.  Maybe it does not go back to the Ted Williams day, but it has been done in the past. Ortiz has not had much to celebrate these past few years.  His last playoff he went one for ten or eleven.  Last year most of his home runs came against triple a pitchers and teams which already had their fire sales. Even at the beginning of this year, some thought his success came because pitchers had bigger fish to fry in the line up.  Ortiz is finally back to being the threat he once was, and doing it without steroids.  I say let him flip his bat, but in doing so he should not cry to the media when he gets beamed on the rear end.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Reggie
    Ricky
    Arod
    Sheffield

What do these homerun style makers all have in common?  Hmmmmm!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's hard to even count the times ARod has watched his ball sail prior to his HR trot.
    The bat flip was nothing.  What about Reggie Jackson?  He was king of the HR spectacle; it used to ire Steinbrenner.  No one used to write about this stuff back then because it just wasn't news.

This whole bat flip thing is nothing more than sour grapes from a club that just got it handed to them.  Had NY won that game, this wouldn't have been news.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The fact that girardi said "I didnt like it" when prodded (and then backtracked of course realizing he was out of line) is pretty weak.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: A Flip of The Bat:
    [QUOTE]Ortiz is a wash-up and cry baby. This guy is a bumb and a roidhead.
    Posted by OAMLFO[/QUOTE]
    Hey, the colonists are coming.
    And what the hell's a bumb, Sarah?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

nice post sarah; did you copy that from your hand?

seiously, oamlfo, you're as mentally challenged as your avatar.
    btw, it's BUM, not BUMB.

hell, maybe you are SARAH.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Ortiz owned the Stankees, he intimidated Burnett thoroughly in game two. CC had to make up for Jeter and ARod getting hit by Beckett. As Dibble said this morning on XM Radio, Jeter and or ARod should have charged to mound if it was such a big deal to the Stankees, rather than have CC do their dirty work. Oh, and CC hitting Papi really worked right? LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

He is a BUM, that better? I bet you were all the same fans screaming when he got busted using. Now you love him.
    He is a loser. His days are numbered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that girardi said "I didnt like it" when prodded (and then backtracked of course realizing he was out of line) is pretty weak.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]Space, Girardi didn't backtrack, while he maintained he didn't care for it, he said he was just trying to protect Noesi...and FTR... based on comments by Ortiz and Becks...it's easy to see the beat people carried that on way further than anyone on the team did...the fact that Tex was back in the lineup the next day was the end of discussion for me...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

OAMFLO, are you speaking of ARoid?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Flip of The Bat : Space, Girardi didn't backtrack, while he maintained he didn't care for it, he said he was just trying to protect Noesi...and FTR... based on comments by Ortiz and Becks...it's easy to see the beat people carried that on way further than anyone on the team did...the fact that Tex was back in the lineup the next day was the end of discussion for me...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

“...Of course when it happens to you, you’re going to defend your guy. … And if it’s our guy, I’m gonna say there was nothing intentional about it,” Girardi said. 

I don't know Jete, sounds like backtrack to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]He is a BUM, that better? I bet you were all the same fans screaming when he got busted using. Now you love him. He is a loser. His days are numbered.
    Posted by OAMLFO[/QUOTE]
    Not really seeing where your post had "Ortiz", ergo my confusion and need for clarification if you were referring to ARoid. Thank you for clearing it up in your second post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Much to do about nothing. But here are a few thoughts:

Giardi did not go out of his way to comment about this, the media pressed the question. Giardi said he didn't like it. What was he supposed to say. David does cadillac around the bases. There is a web site that tracks times from home to home after a HR and Ortiz is the annual leader. IF you are on the other side of it, it is no fun.

It isn't old school, unless you think of Reggie Jackson as old school. Before the replay guys seldom showed up a pitcher when they hit one.

Somebody was going to get plunked last night and it was little shock after the way the media harped on the fact that Ortiz had never been HBP against the NYY that he was a likely candidate. I thought when CC did it was odd timing but it showed some kind of self confidence to do it right after a walk to Youk.

CC did it right, plunk David on the backside not above the belt.

If Youk, A-Gon, Salty and Pedey had been plunked don't you think that Beckett would have intentional hit somebody? And if somebody had cadillaced around the bases on one his two HR, would he have been an ideal candidate?

Much to do about nothing...on to Toronto tired but three games better in the standings than we were on Monday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

NEW RULE.

anyone on this board having an avatar depicting a person with a SINGLE DIGIT IQ, should not be taken seriously.
    that also includes you, smallpackage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3eaf864dbb9650f33f79b131b49f31a5&plckUserId=3eaf864dbb9650f33f79b131b49f31a5">
    First: 6/2/2011
    Last: 6/10/2011
    He is a BUM, that better? I bet you were all the same fans screaming when he got busted using. Now you love him.
    He is a loser. His days are numbered.

oy! would you like to show me either a link or an article that said that David Ortiz got "busted" for using drugs?????????

ps. I do however love your avatar. Sarah is absolutely smokin hot! Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]He is a BUM, that better? I bet you were all the same fans screaming when he got busted using. Now you love him. He is a loser. His days are numbered.
    Posted by OAMLFO[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you are describing your avatar!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

ORTIZ is a bum. plain and simple.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

yeah, hammah just loves women who radiate blank stares. plus, she could probably beat him in a spelling bee.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

posted by fivekatz '' Giardi did not go out of his way to comment about this, the media pressed the question. Giardi said he didn't like it. What was he supposed to say......................Much to do about nothing...''

nuff said

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]posted by  fivekatz '' Giardi did not go out of his way to comment about this, the media pressed the question. Giardi said he didn't like it. What was he supposed to say......................Much to do about nothing...'' nuff said
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

no doubt.  it really is.  I just wanted to take the opportunity to give that cad Jete some sh*t  Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Posted by OAMLFO[/QUOTE]
    Everyone's days are numbered, dingbat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Flip of The Bat : I can see October from my house!  But where are the Yankees?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Who cares. The Sox are in first that is all that matters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

PULL MY FINGER!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9c94a142f913966fbd6125cf3d1fce56&plckUserId=9c94a142f913966fbd6125cf3d1fce56">
    First: 6/2/2011
    Last: 6/10/2011
    yeah, hammah just loves women who radiate blank stares. plus, she could probably beat him in a spelling bee.

ha yazzer! there's a lot of people that could beat me in a spelling  bee...lol...

as far as sarah and her blank stares??? who cares? I'd still love to jump her bones!!!!!Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

hey hammah,
    after you jump her bones, would you be so kind as to bury her bones somewhere so they won't be found?