A Fun Fact that most of you probably don't know

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

A Fun Fact that most of you probably don't know

Here's a fun fact that most of you probably don't know.
      There's been only one time a Home Run Cycle has been recorded in professional baseball.A Home Run Cycle is 4 HR's hit in one game,a solo shot,2 run,3 run and Grand Slam Home Run.The feat was accomplished in July of 1998 by Tyrone Horne of the Arkansas Travelers in the AA Texas League.
      The bat he used is in Cooperstown at the Baseball Halll of Fame 

http://baseballhall.mlblogs.com/tag/home-run-cycle/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: A Fun Fact that most of you probably don't know

Mojo,

That is interesting.  Proof of it's difficulty is that it is not only unique but never accomplished in the Bigs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That has to be rarer than a Blue moon on the Sabbath!

BTW: Kudos to George Kottaras for hitting for the regular cycle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I thought it was pretty interesting.Actually,it was Kottaras's hitting for the cycle got me thinking about a home run cycle.
      Another funny little fact is that Buster Posey's (Giants catcher) sister hit for the HR cycle earlier this year in college softball.But she did it in a double header.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6394752

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to A Fun Fact that most of you probably don't know:
    [QUOTE]Here's a fun fact that most of you probably don't know.   There's been only one time a Home Run Cycle has been recorded in professional baseball.A Home Run Cycle is 4 HR's hit in one game,a solo shot,2 run,3 run and Grand Slam Home Run.The feat was accomplished in July of 1998 by Tyrone Horne of the Arkansas Travelers in the AA Texas League.   The bat he used is in Cooperstown at the Baseball Halll of Fame    http://baseballhall.mlblogs.com/tag/home-run-cycle/
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE] talk about a frequent flyer!!..Tongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

Thanks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronho. Show ronho's posts

Tyrone Horne?? Anyone else ever hear the name? Did he make it to the bigs? Perhaps this should put the HR in its true place and not the only stat that counts as some seem to think. BTW, how many rbis did he have that game? That should also be a record of sorts. But, it must have been something to see!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: A Fun Fact that most of you probably don't know:
    [QUOTE]Tyrone Horne?? Anyone else ever hear the name? Did he make it to the bigs? Perhaps this should put the HR in its true place and not the only stat that counts as some seem to think. BTW, how many rbis did he have that game? That should also be a record of sorts. But, it must have been something to see!
    Posted by ronho[/QUOTE]

ronho,the link I provided in the first post will bring you to the Baseball Hall of Fame website article where you can read about the player and his accomplishment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to A Fun Fact that most of you probably don't know :  talk about a frequent flyer!!..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

The record for the most RBIs in MLB is.

"12 RBI in a single game. Number of occurrences: 2. Jim Bottomley, September 16, 1924; Mark Whiten, September 7, 1993".

Hetchinspete

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kroywenmo. Show kroywenmo's posts

Cool stat. I'm amazed that homerun cycle was actually accomplished, at any level.

In looking at the Red Sox postseason possibilities I noticed an odd stat.

Coner Jackson had 17 at bats with Arizona in the 2007 postseason. His .222 OBP is lower than his .235 AVG. Can't say that I have ever seen a baseball/softball player who has an OBP lower than his/her AVG.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kroywenmo. Show kroywenmo's posts

Always fun to see, actually see a fact happen.

Will be able to tell my grandkids that I was watching when 21 year old Jesus Montero hit his 1st career homerun. He also got his 1st curtain call in response to his go ahead opposite field shot to right center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Fun Fact that most of you probably don't know : The record for the most RBIs in MLB is. "12 RBI in a single game . Number of occurrences : 2. Jim Bottomley , September 16, 1924; Mark Whiten , September 7, 1993". Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE] hey Hetch, i remember the Whitten game, he was on Playstation mode that day...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronho. Show ronho's posts

thanks MRMOJO. Must be the heat in that area. Didn't some guy playing for El Paso hit 75 HRs one year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I thought it was pretty interesting.Actually,it was Kottaras's hitting for the cycle got me thinking about a home run cycle.   Another funny little fact is that Buster Posey's (Giants catcher) sister hit for the HR cycle earlier this year in college softball.But she did it in a double header. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6394752
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Interesting.
    BTW: Luv the STEPPENWOLF LP cover. My fav. rock band.