A Game--Propose a trade and see who has a trade happen-or close to it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: A Game--Propose a trade and see who has a trade happen-or close to it.

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade Ortiz to the O's for Adam Jones or Markakis.

This would result in the O's going strong after Hamilton.

Trade scenario with Royals might be executed to include Butler.

[/QUOTE]

Adam Jones and Nick Markakis are not comparables.  Ortiz for Jones, Sox make out like bandits.  Ortiz for Markakis, no way.

[/QUOTE]

And since this isn't the NBA, where sign and trades are actually legal, the Sox couldn't trade Ortiz right now, even if for some very strange reason they wanted to... 

[/QUOTE]

Jasko can you direct me to a doc.  that says a team can't trade a player after he has signed. There have been players that have signed an extension and been traded. I know a player drafted in the June Draft can't be traded for 6 months or a year after the draft. Thanks..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

NYM will trade Dickey to KC for Hosmer Myers and 100 cases of twinkies if the Hostess warehouse still has enough in stock.

If they can't get the Twinkies they will need to substitute with 500 cases of no brand look alike twinkie but taste like sh;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!

I thought madmc44 did not want any feed back on our picks. My feelings are hurt and now I will need to go eat a dozen twinkies. the real mcoy twinkies that is. LOL

If I get a penny for all posters thoughts on this forum  and used the pennies i collected and start my own Twinkie bakery. I guarantee my first sales pitch will be Fenway Park's food mngt. staff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Salty, Lester, Webster, Iglesias, Aceves, Cecchini  for Mauer and Morneau and some cash.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salty, Lester, Webster, Iglesias, Aceves, Cecchini  for Mauer and Morneau and some cash.

[/QUOTE]

What! No twinkies I am so upset. I rather have twinkies then cash. I am curious about Morneaus past injury statist. I will like to see this 1B player in a Sox uniform.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Minny has a 1Bman named Parmalee, or something like that.  He needs a place to play.  I see a move to the Sox as a career rejuvination for Morneau...he ends up the long term solution to 1B (as there is none on the horizon).  I can dream can't I? 

But I do like the Twinkies and cash option, since the trade is with the Twin(kie)s.  I want the chocolate cream filled twinkies, my local Dunkin Donuts does not carry chocolate cream filled donuts anymore!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Some seem to be concerned about Lester even up for Myers--I can share your opinion--you have won me over.

Myers, Francoeur and Tim Collins from Worcester for Lester, Lavarnway and Kalish.

Francoeur becomes a FA in 2014--will make $7.5. Great Arm. I think he would be an excellent pick--no long term committment. If Brentz needs a few months at AAA fine. When he arrives JefF becomes the #4 OF and a pinch hitter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lester, Salty or Lava & Aceves for Butler & Myers.

Then, sign A Sanchez and B McCarthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

Minny has a 1Bman named Parmalee, or something like that.  He needs a place to play.  I see a move to the Sox as a career rejuvination for Morneau...he ends up the long term solution to 1B (as there is none on the horizon).  I can dream can't I? 

But I do like the Twinkies and cash option, since the trade is with the Twin(kie)s.  I want the chocolate cream filled twinkies, my local Dunkin Donuts does not carry chocolate cream filled donuts anymore!!

[/QUOTE]

No chocolate filled donuts, Bummer I live in Canada. Tim Horton's do not carry a donut with chocolate filling as far as I know. For some reason I am craving donuts instead of a twinkie now. So far the crime rate in Canada is still OK since the Twinkie stoppage.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If I can only get Myers and a pitcher for Lester perhaps hold off on the deal until the Winter Meeting--there may be a team like the Angels willing to move Kendrys Morales for Lester. Or a NL team--the Cubs might want Lester for Anthony Rizzo and a pitching prospect.

Keep in mind BenC--Theo had a few major trademark trades---the one I didn't think he would make was Nomar. To me it was his signature move; Lester may be BenC's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

If I can only get Myers and a pitcher for Lester perhaps hold off on the deal until the Winter Meeting--there may be a team like the Angels willing to move Kendrys Morales for Lester. Or a NL team--the Cubs might want Lester for Anthony Rizzo and a pitching prospect.

Keep in mind BenC--Theo had a few major trademark trades---the one I didn't think he would make was Nomar. To me it was his signature move; Lester may be BenC's.

[/QUOTE]

Lester for Morales!?!?  I'll assume you're kidding.  The Sox aren't "trying" to trade Lester, but when a team floats an idea that includes arguably a top 5 prospect in all of baseball, they'll at least listen.  Also, regarding trading newly signed free agents.  Im pretty sure June 15th is the earliest you can move them.  You can google it to get exact date.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Lester for Morales!?!?  I'll assume you're kidding.  The Sox aren't "trying" to trade Lester, but when a team floats an idea that includes arguably a top 5 prospect in all of baseball, they'll at least listen.  Also, regarding trading newly signed free agents.  Im pretty sure June 15th is the earliest you can move them.  You can google it to get exact date.

I'm not convinced the Royals "floated" the Wil Myers idea. That idea may have been the Red Sox counterproposal.

Or not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not convinced the Royals "floated" the Wil Myers idea. That idea may have been the Red Sox counterproposal.

Or not.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty irrelevant, Hill.  The point was that the Sox aren't "shopping" Lester.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

Lavarnway, Ranaudo and Kalish to Indians for Shin Soo Choo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I don't think the Red Sox are "shopping" Jon Lester either, although due diligence requires that the Sox listen to all proposals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think the Red Sox are "shopping" Jon Lester either, although due diligence requires that the Sox listen to all proposals.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Hill...a player was telling story of how he asked his "old school" GM about trade rumors surrounding him.  The GM said, "It's the Winter Meetings, I almost traded your dog for the San Diego Chicken last night, but dont worry, if we do trade you, with today's technology, you'll be the "last" to know!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Haha here we go. Realize it wont happen but it would be awesome if it did.

3 different trades

Lavarnway, Ranaudo, Jacobs, Kalish, and Iglesias for Asdrubal, Masterson, and Choo.

Salty, Pimental, and Gomez for Ike Davis.

Ellsbury, De La Rosa, Brentz for King Felix Hernandez

Sign Napoli, Bourn, and Haren

Batting Order

1. Bourn CF

2. Pede 2B

3. Choo RF

4. Napoli C

5. Ortiz DH

6. Middlebrooks 3B

7. Davis 1B

8. Gomez LF

9. Cabrera

Pitching Rotation

Felix

Lester

Buch

Haren

Masterson/Lackey

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

I would rather see Giancarlo Stanton than the remaining Upton... if he can be acquired...

Doubront, Lava, Brentz, Nava & Cecchini for Stanton

or

Doubront, Salty, Brentz, Bogaerts, & Nava for Stanton

It's a lot if the Red Sox include Bogaerts in the deal as well, but if they are looking to sign two of Swisher/Napoli/Ross, then I am kinda thinking that a 5 to 1 or even 6 to 1 deal may be necessary while our prospects (and Nava, who has experience but not a future position if this trade goes through) still have significant future potential, especially to a team that operates like the Marlins.

Then again, if the Marlins trade Stanton, they may not have any fans next year....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:

Doubront, Lava, Brentz, Nava & Cecchini for Stanton or Doubront, Salty, Brentz, Bogaerts, & Nava for Stanton

That's not nearly enough for the highly coveted Giancarlo Stanton, who is one year younger than Bryce Brentz, two years younger than Felix Doubront and Ryan Lavarnway, and nearly seven years younger than Daniel Nava.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Doubront, Lava, Brentz, Nava & Cecchini for Stanton or Doubront, Salty, Brentz, Bogaerts, & Nava for Stanton

That's not nearly enough for the highly coveted Giancarlo Stanton, who is one year younger than Bryce Brentz, two years younger than Felix Doubront and Ryan Lavarnway, and nearly seven years younger than Daniel Nava.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. It might take Morales, Aceves, Bogaerts, Brentz, and Cecchini... Maybe Lava too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

this is also unlikely to happen but i would like us to go out and try to trade for david wright. the mets are not going to contend anytime soon and need youth. we can trade for D wright and slot him at first base. david wright is a freaking stud and would kill it for the sox.

but with all the talks of the mets trying to extend him it seems the last thing they're going to do is trade him.. unless they get so pissed he won't extend that they say "screw it" and put him on the block.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Trade Ortiz to the O's for Adam Jones or Markakis.

This would result in the O's going strong after Hamilton.

Trade scenario with Royals might be executed to include Butler.

[/QUOTE]

Adam Jones and Nick Markakis are not comparables.  Ortiz for Jones, Sox make out like bandits.  Ortiz for Markakis, no way.

[/QUOTE]

And since this isn't the NBA, where sign and trades are actually legal, the Sox couldn't trade Ortiz right now, even if for some very strange reason they wanted to... 

[/QUOTE]

Jasko can you direct me to a doc.  that says a team can't trade a player after he has signed. There have been players that have signed an extension and been traded. I know a player drafted in the June Draft can't be traded for 6 months or a year after the draft. Thanks..

[/QUOTE]

Yankees just signed Eli Whiteside to a 650K deal then DFA'ed him to make room for Pettite. Not sure thats the same thing though...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ill Keep Lester Webster and cecchihi for 1 year of Morneau and mauers 23M and no power until 2018...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to cassvt2004's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lavarnway, Ranaudo and Kalish to Indians for Shin Soo Choo.

[/QUOTE]

Thats a lot for 1 year of Choo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Doubront, Lava, Brentz, Nava & Cecchini for Stanton or Doubront, Salty, Brentz, Bogaerts, & Navafor Stanton

[/QUOTE]

I agree. It might take Morales, Aceves, Bogaerts, Brentz, and Cecchini... Maybe Lava too.

[/QUOTE]

Any trade to get Stanton from the marlins will include Bogaerts JBJ and barnes for starters. Probably Doubie and WMB too...Thats too much IMO but might be the asking price or close to it...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Doubront, Lava, Brentz, Nava & Cecchini for Stanton or Doubront, Salty, Brentz, Bogaerts, & Navafor Stanton

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Any trade to get Stanton from the marlins will include Bogaerts JBJ and barnes for starters. Probably Doubie and WMB too...Thats too much IMO but might be the asking price or close to it...

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Bogaerts, Bradley, Brentz, Lava, Owens, & Cecchini.

We keep WMB & Barnes, Webster & de la Rosa.