A-Gon for the Triple Crown? There I asked the question... You be the judge.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

A-Gon for the Triple Crown? There I asked the question... You be the judge.

Is it too early to start this talk?

6th in AVG.
    Tied for 6th in HR.
    1st in RBI.

It's the year of the pitcher so I don't see many players separating themselves as league leaders.

Thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeyama99. Show joeyama99's posts

Re: A-Gon for the Triple Crown? There I asked the question... You be the judge.

It's too early, of course, but I could definitely see him leading the league in RBI's (If Pedroia does a better job getting on base), and making a late charge at the HRs lead.  His average will likely drop, however, as I believe his career avg is only about .285.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Maybe this is one of those years where a lower batting average wins the Triple Crown.  I think Adrian is proving that he can hit for average now too.  Hopefully the Green Monster helps boost it a bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I was thinking about this as I watched the game last night.  He has players who are normally good OB people ahead of him and he hits with power to all fields.  Since nobody is looking like they're going to hit .350 this year he could have enough power hits to boost his average enough to win the TC.  The wall at Fenway could be a big factor in his avg.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

It would be great.  And the numbers I predicted for Gonzalez would certainly put him in the hunt.  But I've been wrong with just about every other prediction I've made so far this year, so I will predict he will NOT win the triple crown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

probably not, might not leg out enough hits to sustain the avg...i wouldn't bet against it though...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Tough accomplishment for anyone.  Of course he (and most other top players) 'can' win it, its just improbable they will do so.

Better question is which stat does he have the BEST shot at.  Though, obviously today, thats RBIs...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeyama99. Show joeyama99's posts

I agree hitting in Fenway will boost his average . . .but by how much?  I can't see more than 20-25 points over his career average.  As was already pointed out, because he's slow he won't get the benefit of legging out many infield hits.  He'll probably end up hitting in the .305-.310 range.  Not likely high enough for the batting title.  But with his high RBI, HRs and OPS, he'll get serious consideration for the MVP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's too early to start this talk.

It's not too early to start drinking, though.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

In Response to Re: A-Gon for the Triple Crown? There I asked the question... You be the judge.:
    [QUOTE]It's too early to start this talk. It's not too early to start drinking, though.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I'll drink to that. But for the purpose of this thread, I don't know if it's too early to consider it, but I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he was making a serious run at it in late summer. I think he could win HR and RBI, but BA is such a wide-open category.

I do think he'll end the season with an MVP trophy for his mantle, though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: A-Gon for the Triple Crown? There I asked the question... You be the judge.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A-Gon for the Triple Crown? There I asked the question... You be the judge. : A-Gon is the best first basement in the NL and Al might as well give him the MVP, trible crown, and gold glove, he's the best!
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is... even though you were joking he just very well may be and able to win all 3 awards that you just listed.  I think Yankee fans are quickly coming to the realization that they no longer have the best 1B in the AL East.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A-Gon for the Triple Crown? There I asked the question... You be the judge. : Pujols is the best first basement not A-Gon, wakeup it's 2:25 Pm saturday the 14th of May..
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

I'm talking AL.  He's the best 1B in the AL, my contend for the batting title, may lead the league in HR's, may lead the league in RBI, and is a gold glove caliber first basemen. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It's a distinct possibility IMHO. However, there's a reason no one has won a triple crown in baseball in 43 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Aside from having an incredible year you also have to be extremely lucky. In his 10-year career Pujols has hit over .325 8 times, over 40 HR 6 times, over 120 RBI 6 times, but hasn't done it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Aside from having an incredible year you also have to be extremely lucky. In his 10-year career Pujols has hit over .325 8 times, over 40 HR 6 times, over 120 RBI 6 times, but hasn't done it.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]It continues to amaze me that Yaz was the last guy to do it. It really makes me appreciate how special 1967 was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

AGon would basically be putting the entire team on his back and carrying them to the playoffs if he puts up Triple Crown numbers. I just can't seen him getting the avg. up there to compete with others. I also agree with other posters that you just have to be lucky. However, I can see him being top 3 in the HR and RBI category and make a case for MVP. Hitting in Fenway will definitely boost his stats compared to Petco.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Can there be a quadruple crown?

BA
       RBIs
       HRs
       ...MVP

Tear it up, Adrian!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 9/16/2010
    Last: 5/14/2011
    In Response to e: A-Gon for the Triple Crown? There I asked the question... You be the judge.:
    In Response to Re: A-Gon for the Triple Crown? There I asked the question... You be the judge. : The sad thing is... even though you were joking he just very well may be and able to win all 3 awards that you just listed.  I think Yankee fans are quickly coming to the realization that they no longer have the best 1B in the AL East.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Pujols is the best first basement not A-Gon, wakeup it's 2:25 Pm saturday the 14th of May..

It's 5:19 AM on the 16th of May and you're still posting on a Red  Sox site.  Wake up .... go home. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

He has as good a chance as anyone in the league.  On the other hand Pujols has yet to do it and you would think if anyone would have done it by now it would be Albert!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]It's too early, of course, but I could definitely see him leading the league in RBI's (If Pedroia does a better job getting on base), and making a late charge at the HRs lead.  His average will likely drop, however, as I believe his career avg is only about .285.
    Posted by joeyama99[/QUOTE]

I think Petco had a huge impact on his career avg joey..I believe he will be somewhere around .320-.340ish..I know ,its a bold prediction, but I believe those small AL east parks are going to benefit him greatly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

we made predictions during the preseason...i still think AG will have a 4 HR game...possibly during IL..

Sections
Shortcuts