A-GON is hitting like A-GOD!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: A-GON is hitting like A-GOD!

A-Gon can hit all he wants.  But the Dodgers are 21-28 (in last place) and the Red Sox are 32-20 (in first place).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Crawford, Shane, Ellsbury, AGon.

Is it any wonder why Napoli is at 1st, Ellsbury is still here, Shane was added, and AGon was used to write off Crawford at his career trade low. Management doesn't have a clue. Beckett should have been sent with all cash needed to get rid of him. Crawford should never have been signed in the first place!

And the chilidsh character assasination on AGon. A player whose career history is to show up for work and perform at a high level is a bad choice for a character assasination.

Only time I'll probably ever agree with you.  All of the garbage about A-Gon being bad in the clubhouse is so over-blown.  Heck...even Pedroia was being accused of being lousy in the clubhouse.  The entire clubhouse was a mess....everything was as a result of that.  All A-gon did was show up to work every day and perform at a high level.....he even played right field for a while to help the team out!!!  How that guy is a 'cancer' is beyond me.  I wish we still had him.....but he's not here so I'll route for the rest of our players and their first place team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Where the Dodgers are and the Red Sox are has nothing to do with signing Crawford and "trading" AGon and what AGon produces for the team he plays for.

In addition, early May isn't a time to take a snap shot.

Check your calendar, guy.  May 27 isn't early May.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I thought and still think AGon is a superb hitter and fielder, but believe last year's trade makes all kinds of sense.  He was key to getting rid of Beckett, and Beckett needed to go.   Crawford was another part of the package who might have succeeded in Boston, but we'll never know.  LA suits him, fine. 

The current Sox lineup is filled primarily with no-names, defined roughly as guys who were never picked for an All-Star game.  Napoli is a no-name because he never got selected as a firstbaseman.  Pedroia and Ellsbury have both been selected, but that's about it, and Ellsbury only went once in a miracle year he is unlikely to repeat. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Potomac87's comment:

At the moment Crawford is batting .308, Punto .327, and Gonz .337.

Anyone posting the number of AGON, Crawford and Punto, please make sure you also included Beckett's. He's currently on the DL with a groin injury, had numbness in his hand yesterday, going for an MRI, and his numbers are below:

0-5 5.19 1.50 WHIP, .289 BAA

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

NEWS FLASH: Mr. May is hitting in May. Stop the PRESSES!!

True.  But he'll hit as many home runs in May as Jose Offerman will for the season.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

They should have sent cash to get rid of Beckett, not use AGon instead of cash. Crawford should have been traded, and cash sent as needed, after he put up decent numbers for a few months.

Bottom line, Crawford signing was truly incompetent when the intention was to keep Ellsbury through 2013. I'll never forget the 30 million a year they were paying those guys, nor will I forget the 23 million a year they are now paying Ellsbury and Shane. They passed on acquiring, long term, star young RH OF'er slugger.

They could have signed a place holder for 2M, acquired J. Upton, retained AGon, platooned someone like Nava and Gomes for a year or two, and been set for years to come. Instead, Shane's sitting on the books for 13M and 3 years, Ellsbury is on the books for one more year at 10M, and they have a half cripple at 1st base and nothing for 2014.

Thanks for the post game summary. Easy to do after the facts. Everyone knows they overpaid for Victorino. He should be shelved for a month to get healed. He's insurance for Ellsbury.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

They should have sent cash to get rid of Beckett, not use AGon instead of cash. Crawford should have been traded, and cash sent as needed, after he put up decent numbers for a few months.

Bottom line, Crawford signing was truly incompetent when the intention was to keep Ellsbury through 2013. I'll never forget the 30 million a year they were paying those guys, nor will I forget the 23 million a year they are now paying Ellsbury and Shane. They passed on acquiring, long term, star young RH OF'er slugger.

They could have signed a place holder for 2M, acquired J. Upton, retained AGon, platooned someone like Nava and Gomes for a year or two, and been set for years to come. Instead, Shane's sitting on the books for 13M and 3 years, Ellsbury is on the books for one more year at 10M, and they have a half cripple at 1st base and nothing for 2014.

No, the Dodgers wanted nothing to do with Beckett, unless they got Gonzalez.
    And you would have preferred the Red Sox just release Ellsbury? He was arb eligible.

softy - Would you take a half cripple that if he continues to produce, will end up with 24 HR's and 117 RBI's? His fielding percentage is .993.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

When, if ever, will (some) people understand that value includes cost?  Remember when the Sox offered Manny for free on irrev waves and every other team declined to take him off our hands (luckily, as it turned out)?  We would have been off the hook for his salary which could have then been reinvested in another player.  Of course, there have to be available players worth investing in but as Ben proved this past winter there always are for the judicious buyer.

AGon had HUGE value for the Sox in 2011...$6.3m for his performance.  But now at $21-22m/year he simply does not carry that much value anymore.  I said at the time if the Sox had just given our 4 players away it wouldn't have been a big deal, but we got two good prospects on top of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Hi Jim, 

I was away from a bit just reading the daily stuff on BDC but I can't just read any longer and not put my two cents in when people post drivel like BostonTroll.

Cheers,

Hetch 

U want some change for your drivel?

Bug Off Stupid because you are the Crown Prince of Drivel, and all you ever write is drivel complaining about everyone else on BDC but never posting an actual opinion!! Youmake me laugh, you fool !!