A-GON is hitting like A-GOD!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: A-GON is hitting like A-GOD!

They would not have done that here  so I am glad they are in LA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The question is, if somebody posts a 1.000+ OPS at Dodger Stadium, is anyone awake to see it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

AGon has a knack for playing well on teams that somehow stink when he is on them. He's the new ARod on that regard. 

He was a terrible fit here, didn't play well here and it's good that he's gone. 

That said I wish him well. 

But - is it ok with you till I wait till his team is out of last place to tip my cap to him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Who cares he plays LA not in Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Like all losers, they can only perform with a loser team.

They are getting spanked in the NLWest 5 - 16 against competative teams. 

These guys are only comfortable when playing in obscurity.  They all sukked in Boston, and could never produce for a team in contention.  I love it!

:)

West Team W L Pct GB Home Road East Central West Last 10 Streak Arizona 30 22 .577 - 16 - 12 14 - 10 6 - 4 6 - 3 15 - 13 6 - 4 W 3 San Francisco 28 23 .549 1.5 19 - 9 9 - 14 6 - 4 4 - 6 18 - 10 4 - 6 L 1 Colorado 27 24 .529 2.5 16 - 9 11 - 15 4 - 2 4 - 5 17 - 12 6 - 4 L 3 San Diego 22 28 .440 7 13 - 12 9 - 16 6 - 4 4 - 6 10 - 14 4 - 6 L 2 LA Dodgers 21 28 .429 7.5 13 - 15 8 - 13 6 - 6 8 - 4 5 - 16 4 - 6 W 1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

yikes!  That did not paste well.  The relevant stat being 5 - 16 in the NLWest ;)

Yeh yeh yeh.....  It's not their fault!?!?  or is it? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I have it on good sources that A-Gon is still crying over the 'rough travel schedule.'  Rumor has it that he doesn't think he should even have to travel.  Sources say, "Alli has contacted his union rep to see why he has to travel more than any other player in MLB.  He's considering a sit down strike if this is not addressed, and has demanded two buffer rows surrounding his plane seat in all directions.  He has also demanded a new set of Bose headphones for every flight.  He has also insisted upon Magic Johnson's accompanying him to be his person 'wiper' on all road games.

I read it on PeskyPole's blog.  It has to be true ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:

with over .1000 ops

Only off by about 100 points.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

I have it on good sources that A-Gon is still crying over the 'rough travel schedule.'  Rumor has it that he doesn't think he should even have to travel.  Sources say, "Alli has contacted his union rep to see why he has to travel more than any other player in MLB.  He's considering a sit down strike if this is not addressed, and has demanded two buffer rows surrounding his plane seat in all directions.  He has also demanded a new set of Bose headphones for every flight.  He has also insisted upon Magic Johnson's accompanying him to be his person 'wiper' on all road games.

I read it on PeskyPole's blog.  It has to be true ;)

Yeah, I just responded to his 'buddy'.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Some people perform well under pressure and others don't.

I wish the non-performers like A-Gon and Crawford well in LA.  It's obviously where they belong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

NEWS FLASH: Mr. May is hitting in May. Stop the PRESSES!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

9 FOR HIs last 11, 4 for 4 today, getting serious respect again.. suddenly the power is back as he's hitting .337with 6 bombs,37 ribbies, with over .1000 ops and almost .400 obp! i think his shoulder is back. not complaining about our guys and the overall value but perhaps had we not gotten 2 studs (craw and gon) who were both in need of a tune up at the time, things may have been different. boston is not a place guys work their way in from the beginning. best to have a great resume before ur injury and issues (even then, look at papi).. gon had shoulder surgery and of course craw had all kind of issues. now both are back to surpasssing their career averages!

"His power is back"?? 6 homeruns.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I hope that Gonzalez and Crawford both do well in LA.  I was very happy when the Red Sox signed Crawford since he was one of my favorite MLB players.  It is unforunate that he really didn't help the Red Sox in his time here.   He is a very talented player and I would imagine that he will have some very productive seasons in LA.   Beckett is probably the only player that won't really help the Dodgers going forward.  I don't believe he will ever be the dominant pitcher that he was when he played for the Red Sox.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

9 FOR HIs last 11, 4 for 4 today, getting serious respect again.. suddenly the power is back as he's hitting .337with 6 bombs,37 ribbies, with over .1000 ops and almost .400 obp! i think his shoulder is back. not complaining about our guys and the overall value but perhaps had we not gotten 2 studs (craw and gon) who were both in need of a tune up at the time, things may have been different. boston is not a place guys work their way in from the beginning. best to have a great resume before ur injury and issues (even then, look at papi).. gon had shoulder surgery and of course craw had all kind of issues. now both are back to surpasssing their career averages!

AGon was a huge loss for our club,  I understand why the Dodgers/Magic J. wouldn't take the deal unless he was included but we need to find that type of bat again. 

Ryan Braun is out for a bit with a bad finger but the Brewers are going nowhere with or without him.  I would love to get this guy in a trade and "yes" I would give up some top young prospects for him if the Brewers would ever consider moving their best player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

AGon has a knack for playing well on teams that somehow stink when he is on them. He's the new ARod on that regard. 

Your statement and point of view is very skewed as Agon only played for one team for one year, his Rookie year in Texas before going to San Diego. Check San Diego's record before you post drivel because for 3 of the 5 years Agon was with the Padres they won.

2006-88 wins, 2007-89 wins, 2010-90 wins and in each of those seasons Agon had very good years. 

How you can say he didn't play well puzzles me. He was only here for one full and three quarters of another season. Maybe he didn't provide the power expected but that was the Boston Press as usual over blowing a player's abilities. Agon was never the great home run hitter we expected but in Dan Diego he never was either unless you consider avering about 30+hrs great. Seems to me the Boston Media was projecting well over 40hrs a season.

In SD he averaged between .270s to .300 per season yet he hit .337 his first season here, drove in 117 runs, and scored over 100. In 2011 his stats although not up to 2010 were still solid although his power numbers were down but he still had 86rbis in 120+ games before leaving but because he wasn't a vocal Rah, Rah type team leader many of you got on him.

I find it a shame and pathetic that the media and fans treated him the way they did in the end because he failed to live up to your unrealistic expectations where just being a very good player putting up solid numbers and playing excellent 1B is not good enough.

Hetch   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Your statement and point of view is very skewed as Agon only played for one team for one year, his Rookie year in Texas before going to San Diego. Check San Diego's record before you post drivel because for 3 of the 5 years Agon was with the Padres they won.

2006-88 wins, 2007-89 wins, 2010-90 wins and in each of those seasons Agon had very good years. 

How you can say he didn't play well puzzles me. He was only here for one full and three quarters of another season. Maybe he didn't provide the power expected but that was the Boston Press as usual over blowing a player's abilities. Agon was never the great home run hitter we expected but in Dan Diego he never was either unless you consider avering about 30+hrs great. Seems to me the Boston Media was projecting well over 40hrs a season.

In SD he averaged between .270s to .300 per season yet he hit .337 his first season here, drove in 117 runs, and scored over 100. In 2011 his stats although not up to 2010 were still solid although his power numbers were down but he still had 86rbis in 120+ games before leaving but because he wasn't a vocal Rah, Rah type team leader many of you got on him.

I find it a shame and pathetic that the media and fans treated him the way they did in the end because he failed to live up to your unrealistic expectations where just being a very good player putting up solid numbers and playing excellent 1B is not good enough.

Hetch   

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hi Jim, 

I was away from a bit just reading the daily stuff on BDC but I can't just read any longer and not put my two cents in when people post drivel like BostonTroll.

Cheers,

Hetch 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In SD he averaged between .270s to .300 person yet he hit .337 his first season here, drove in 117 runs, and scored over 100. In 2011 his stats although not up to 2010 were still solid although his power numbers were down but he still had 86rbis in 120+ games before leaving but because he wasn't a vocal Rah, Rah type team leader many of you got on him.

Hetch   

There is a reason why a guy with his talent has been with 5 different organizations in 10 years.  It's no secret that he was miserable here and they would have moved him this past offseason if not for the gift from the Dodgers.  He isn't missed by anybody in that clubhouse, either.  Whether or not he got a "bad rap" in Boston is debatable, but he's gone, and would not have been back either way.  People seem to think he was "the sacrifice" in the Dodger trade, which couldn't be further from the truth.  They were doing cartwheels on Yawkee Way after getting rid of that contract. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Crawford, Shane, Ellsbury, AGon.

Is it any wonder why Napoli is at 1st, Ellsbury is still here, Shane was added, and AGon was used to write off Crawford at his career trade low. Management doesn't have a clue. Beckett should have been sent with all cash needed to get rid of him. Crawford should never have been signed in the first place!

And the chilidsh character assasination on AGon. A player whose career history is to show up for work and perform at a high level is a bad choice for a character assasination.

Red Sox are 32-20 without him.  Dodgers are 21-28 with him.  But management doesn't have a clue.  Yeah right.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts