A-Gon Manny-Esq?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

A-Gon Manny-Esq?

When things are going bad small things eat away at you.....has anyone seen A-Gon run out a ball at 1B this year....especially of late with all of his ground outs and double plays it has been more noticeable, the guy doesnt seem to run hard, ever. I know he's slow, but so are a lot of other guys that bust it down the line. One of the many annoying aspects of this team.

And just when Lackey puts up a "decent" start against a Triple A team he opens his mouth and ruins it. All the media is talking about now is Lackey, and not who they should be talking about...Ellsbury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: A-Gon Manny-Esq?

PLEASE DO NOT COMPARE A-GON IN THE SAME TERMS OF THE "DESPICABLE ONE" !!!!!  MY GOSH......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Haha....As despicable as Manny may have been....he was a GREAT player for the sox. Personality wise A-Gon is more normal then Manny of course....but A-Gon isnt near the hitter Manny was.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

At least Manny hit in big games.
    Look at Gonzalez stats. Under .200 against the Yankees, Tigers, Rays and under .100 vs. Phils.
    So, he's here for the next century, puts up nice numbers, but doesn't get it done against key opponents. Nice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

In Response to A-Gon Manny-Esq?:
    When things are going bad small things eat away at you.....has anyone seen A-Gon run out a ball at 1B this year....especially of late with all of his ground outs and double plays it has been more noticeable, the guy doesnt seem to run hard, ever. I know he's slow, but so are a lot of other guys that bust it down the line. One of the many annoying aspects of this team. And just when Lackey puts up a "decent" start against a Triple A team he opens his mouth and ruins it. All the media is talking about now is Lackey, and not who they should be talking about...Ellsbury.
    Posted by gbman87603

good point!
    more and more recently, a-gone is reminding me of wade boggs; and that's not a compliment. he, like boggs, reminds us that batting averages can be misleading in the scheme of baseball.
    but he's still better than crawful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Thats all I'm saying...doesnt seem to have the killer instinct....I have a feeling if it was Game 7 of the WS w/ 1 out out in the bottom of the 9th, he would hit a grounder to 2nd and jog to first. Pedroia would put everything he had to beat out the play, even though it was hopeless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

AGon made a point in Spring Training to tell everyone how slow he is and that despite what it looks like he runs as hard and as fast as he can.....I will take his word for it, but if it is true, he is the slowest athlete on the planet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: A-Gon Manny-Esq?:
    Thats all I'm saying...doesnt seem to have the killer instinct....I have a feeling if it was Game 7 of the WS w/ 1 out out in the bottom of the 9th, he would hit a grounder to 2nd and jog to first. Pedroia would put everything he had to beat out the play, even though it was hopeless.
    Posted by gbman87603

Good point. This team could use a few more players with the drive of Pedroia. AGon has been good this season, but mentally he is no Pedroia.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Posted by gbman87603

Apparently it is nitpicking time...AGon is as slow as a turtle on the bases, so a cleanly played ground ball wouldn't matter how hard he ran he'd be out by a quarter mile.

What is more disturbing about AGon is his lack of production in September and since the All-Star break...the team needed his bat to carry them, especially with Youk out, and he's been non-existent. I truly hope this guy is playing injured and hasn't told anybody, because although the stats look decent on paper the production during crunch time has been disappointing.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

AGon made a point in Spring Training to tell everyone how slow he is and that despite what it looks like he runs as hard and as fast as he can.....I will take his word for it, but if it is true, he is the slowest athlete on the planet.
    Posted by tomnev

He is very slow.  Even Ortiz runs faster than him.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

In Response to Re: A-Gon Manny-Esq? : against the Rays last season 333 .333 .750
    Posted by thepeskypole6

thanks theo, but i think you should spend more of your time apologizing for crawful.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: A-Gon Manny-Esq? : .313 .427 .538 Those are his September numbers....pretty non existant LMFAO
    Posted by thepeskypole6

pesky...please explain how many HRs, RBI's he has during this period...Wade Boggs had great numbers too, but he did not carry the team like AGon was expected too.

I'd rather AGon have Granderson's numbers than what he has...singles to left field make the numbers look good but the team ends up with nothing from it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It's been widely reported Gonzalez' calf is still bothering him, which is why he may have been pinch run for last night. Francona said he'll play through it, but they're trying to keep it from getting worse or reaggrevating it. If not running out a ground ball keeps him in the line-up, i'll take it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

AGon is having one of his best seasons statistically - fewer dingers, but higher average and nice RBI count.

No complaints.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Bill 606 you stick, get out of boston please. Manny was a god when he was here. Career .400 against the yankees, nuff said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

This Peskypole thinks a whole season of sub .200 BA vs. Tampa, Detroit, NY, Philadelphia are "stupid", but quotes Gonzalez's last year interleague stats vs. the Rays.
    Can't have it both ways, bozo.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts