A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting

Shoppach was the one who texted the owners and began the complaints to management towards BV.

So who owes Adrian an apology? just curious...

Worst of all, the Sox tried to put an end to this media circus by ignoring it and diverting attention away from any sort of demand to fire BV. Every week there is something new, a new name and a new/rehashed story. BV and the owners are wrecking the Sox image more than the poor play by the players.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting

Now we know why Shop-vac was shipped out--a piece of equipment built to suck and to do it well. And, clearly he could call out the manager and team because his own performance was so clutch and his production so prolific. Yet another Rays manchurian candidate sent to trouble the waters of the Charles. How fitting that he was banished to a sucky NY team. Home where he belongs. Good riddance.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

This is the Daily News article. Interesting read in addition to the Comments from the Daily News readers.

I'm a fan of AGon's but if he was complicit in this texting, allowing his phone to be used, along with probably some other Sox leaders perhaps formulating the message---how do you let them off the hook? There should be some sign of contriteness on their part. 

It's like Beckett, if he truly wants to be on this team and is committed to the team and fans, stand up and admit you screwed up last Sept. with the chicken and Beer. We want to hear it from you in your voice, we want to know why and we want to know why you thought you were above the TEAM by not accepting resposibility.  

If and when you say it in your own words you will be free and the fans will love you again--in fact they may even show some love to Lackey if he makes his statement. Otherwise let's get what we can for these two guys, like we got what we could from Shoppach and move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Yes becuase Red Sox management held a team meeting because just the back-up catcher was upset.  God good please......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to Re: A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting:
    Yes becuase Red Sox management held a team meeting because just the back-up catcher was upset.  God good please......
    Posted by Patsman3

No, the Red Sox had the team meeting because they were stinking up the place. And, I guessed Shoppach was behind the thing from the beginning. His reputation preceded him, and was largely ignored.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting:
    Shoppach was the one who texted the owners and began the complaints to management towards BV. Link So who owes Adrian an apology? just curious... Worst of all, the Sox tried to put an end to this media circus by ignoring it and diverting attention away from any sort of demand to fire BV. Every week there is something new, a new name and a new/rehashed story. BV and the owners are wrecking the Sox image more than the poor play by the players.
    Posted by freediro

As predictible as a Salty strikeout.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Now we know why Shop-vac was shipped out--a piece of equipment built to suck and to do it well. And, clearly he could call out the manager and team because his own performance was so clutch and his production so prolific. Yet another Rays manchurian candidate sent to trouble the waters of the Charles. How fitting that he was banished to a sucky NY team. Home where he belongs. Good riddance.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Then promptly told the media, when he got to New York, there's a disconnect between management and players.  Reportedly, he and Valentine were at odds over Shoppach demanding more playing time. 

Gonzo is owed an apology by those who criticized him for not admitting sending the text, as reported.  I also give him credit, for not throwing Shoppach under the bus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The media likes to twist stories in order to sell more newspapers and magazines. 

Now I want the Red Sox to start winning so that no more of these dumb stories leak out. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Patriots play tomorrow night!
    Posted by davetheknave

Tom Brady and the Patriots will win it all this year.

As for all you Giants fans out there, Brady has three rings and Manning has two.  End of story. 

As for all you Jets fans out there, the only good news this year is Rex Ryan losing weight.  lol

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting : Gonzo is owed an apology IMO by those who criticized him for not admitting sending the text, LOL agreed with them that a message from him — the team’s highest-paid player — would get management’s attention. using his phone is the same as signing his name on top that's why they used it his name carried more weight Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/adrian-gonzalez-hook-ny-mets-kelly-shoppach-takes-fall-boston-text-mutiny-article-1.1139537#ixzz23zjB7sxC
    Posted by pinstripezac

Disagree Zac, but not really surprised.  Glad my opinion gave you a good laugh, tho 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Glad to hear that...... No reason for A-Gon to be linked to that.....  Not his style !!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting : did you read the article or just the misleading headline misleading headline- is the redundant ?
    Posted by pinstripezac

I read it. He had nothing to do with the content of the text. I also read the article that said Gonzo sent it. Hard to believe anything you hear or read anymore, isn't it?? Nice to know Gonzo's a stand up guy and didn't hang Shoppach out to dry, though. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

“All I know is that Adrian didn’t do what people are saying he did,” one Red Sox player said. “He’s not like that. He’s a good team guy. He’s the kind of guy who would even cover for someone who did something wrong. He’d take a bullet.”

using his phone is the same as signing his name on top

that's why they used it

his name carried more weight

Maybe he doesn't deserve an apology,

but he deserves some kudos for being a team guy,

don't you think?

He agreed to do this for his teammates, and took the fall afterwards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Who cares about clearing AGon?  To me the real issue is the reporter Passan described a team meeting incorrectly.  Was a team meeting necessary?  Almost certainly.  Was it all about getting rid of Bobby V?  Apparently not.  The players have basically agreed it's on them. 

If AGon was/is serious about getting rid of Bobby V, he could have helped that process by not playing RF to get Ortiz and then Youk into the lineup.  As I have said countless times, no firstbaseman in MLB with his salary--not now and not within the last 20 years--has ever played RF to get someone else into the lineup.  AGon is a team guy. 

That said, AGon may have felt Lester shouldn't have been left out there to accumulate 11 runs.  I thought Bobby V was right because Lester ate two more innings after giving up 9 in 2, which saved the bullpen a little.  And I think it is very much worth noting that since that disaster, Lester has bounced back nicely.  Morales, a lefty, went against the same team Friday and gave up 5 dingers in 5 or 6 innings.  Lester gave up 1 run, a dinger, in 7 innings.  Leaving Lester out there in the July game did not destroy Lester's confidence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Personally I'm liking the way A-Gon is conducting himself this year. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Only a handful of players are ahead of AGon in the ribbies category, fairly impressive that he nears 100 ribbies with only 13 homers.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I thought all along that didn't seem like Gonzalez. It seemed like Pedroia, honestly, but not Gonzalez.
    I've probably missed this, but has anyone said/suggested why he used Gonzalez's phone? I would assume even a backup catcher can afford his own iPhone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Personally I'm liking the way A-Gon is conducting himself this year. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I love it.

For some reason some posters have a problem with the whole issue.  If Gonzo thinks that Valentine is a problem, it is his responsibility to go to management.  I understand the chain of command, but I've suggested plenty of things to management that I didn't like to do.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts