A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting

To be sure, A-Gon was simply trying to be a good team-mate, letting the guys use his phone to gripe to ownership about bobby v.  Definitely splitting hairs there, but I don't hold it against A-Gon!!!  I do wish he had simply said that when this story broke, but I get that he simply didn't want to throw a no talent bumb like Shop-Vac under the bus.  It's a bit disingenuous OF THE GUYS INVOLVED (not A-Gon) to have said there was "NO TRUTH" to the story.  Nobody owes A-Gon an apology, but he should not be beaten up for trying to have his guy's backs!  I actually admire him for not speaking up!  He tried to take the bullet for the cowards who would not step up & say, "I sent it!  I used A-Gon to gripe to management because I'm just a backup catcher who likes to complain.  Nobody was going to listen to a pathetic schlub like me, so I used A-Gon.  A-Gon's a real man, who carries his weight plus the weight of a no talent punk like me.  I'm not sure why I ever thought I had a leg to stand on, demanding more playing time, when I'm a back-up catcher for God's sake!  What in God's name was I thinking.  I would like to say I'm sorry to A-Gon for doing nothing more than trying to have my pathetic back!  I'm sorry I stayed quiet & let him get beaten to a pulp, all because I was too much of a Weiner to tell the truth.  Nobody but me needs to apologize to A-Gon!  NOBODY!"

A-Gon, You are a stand up guy, & Boston is lucky to have you!!!!  I'm sorry Shop - suck threw you under the bus! I only hope he can understand why RS fans were so upset about this, and let it go? Given what had already come out about Shop-Vac's pathetic complaining, perhaps we should have known that A-Gon was covering for cowards??? I hope he understands why fans jumped to this very logical conclusion. It came from his phone, as reported. The logical conclusion was that he had a hand in writing it. Never the less, I do feel badly about giving him partial blame, when very little if any was deserved.

Long live A-Gon with the Boston Red Sox!!!! 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

My only thought that it did concern BV is that no player of any note stood up and said we have BV's back...this meeting was about our poor play and not his poor management - we just luv that guy.  Was the move designed to place the blame for lack of player performance on the manager and even though BV is a terrible manager - what % of the season can you actually assign to a manager for poor player production.  This has not been a season where a few Sox players are having bad years...the whole team is having a bad year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Man, being in the west coast I start a thread and then I have to respond 3 pages into it. 

First off, the who owes A-Gon a apology was not only sarcasm, but for those who knocked his season but used all this other media BS to pile on him and even say we should trade him. This whole forum is all about controversy anyways...

No matter how you spin it BV never gained the trust, confidence and loyalty of his players. He created a house divided and said it's my way or the highway, the owners exacerbated this by handcuffing his ability to pick up different managers and not take care of a very clear problem brewing within the first few weeks. The whole no Beer in the clubhouse went out the window awfully fast.....

The real kicker of the circus mess was letting TITO IN THE CLUBHOUSE!??????? How stupid can the Sox organization be!?

Now they a riding this burning ship and hoping they can jump off once they get to the port, hoping they land in some utopian world were all will be ok after the season when the fire BV. The whole Sox brass needs to be changed and as far as I am concerned sell the team to someone who can run a baseball team and not be interested in ruining other sports franchises around the world.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting : No, the Red Sox had the team meeting because they were stinking up the place. And, I guessed Shoppach was behind the thing from the beginning. His reputation preceded him, and was largely ignored.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

I posted my suspicions about Shoppach too.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I guess they got rid of Shop for pointing out to management that the Sox were having a bad year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]As for Youk, the problem was with performance.  Back in April or even ST he knew Youk always has a great spring. Youk's problem has always been wearing out  So what was he to think when Youk started out badly He started off badly? He started off 0-12. Then he went 6-18. I don't think I could possible add more to that.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

You do know, don't you, that 6 for 30 is .200, sometimes known as the infamous mendoza line?  Youk had a lousy April, then went on the DL.  It is a reasonable supposition his back was bothering him before he went on the DL.

Regardless, by the time Youk came off the DL Middlebrooks was looking very good--younger, healthier, better fielder, better hitter (big surprise).  With AGon at 1b and Ortiz at DH, there was no room for Youk short of sending the hot Middlebrooks back to Pawtucket. That was Youk's dilemma--and Bobby V's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

The Cafardo column should be read to put this "huge" lol issue into its proper perspective. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]I guess they got rid of Shop for pointing out to management that the Sox were having a bad year.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

That's about it.  No one wanted to say it wasn't working.  If they were complaining about Backett, they'd be heros.  To say BV is doing a bad is a no-no.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Cafardo is a tool and sucks at his job, imagine if Cafardo's boss did to him what BV has done to his players. You really think he wold still write an articel like he did?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A-Gon's name is cleared from BV meeting : what's the difference he put his name on it when the politician says something controversial in a speech do we blame the speech writer ?
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Boston sports reported today, while the text was sent from Gonzo's phone, the context of the message was complaining about Valentine and lack of playing time. Clearly, not only wouldn't it be interpreted as coming from Gonzo,  it's probably how they knew who it did come from. Still unclear as to why Shoppach didn't use his own, assuming he had one or why gonzo would let anyone send a text message from his phone. Begs the question, did he? Strange situation all around. The fact Gonzalez isn't saying anything, makes me think there's more to it. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

OY!

Now I owe Shop Vac an apology???

Mea culpa mea culpa mea culpa  !  

That's all he's getting!  He says he had nothing to do with it.  OK!  He should have been shipped out the morning after demanding more playing time.

p.s..   I'm glad he couldn't understand my apology!

I do wish him well though

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

WEEI reports that Kelly Shoppach says he did not author the texts:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21221741/shoppach-denies-authoring-texts-owners