A Hurricane in Manhattan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

-Almost two?

Why? Why now?

Ten years after, ten years as we remember and we recall all the shock and pain, the loss ...

God and His Angels cry as they remember ...

What would tears from Heaven really be like? A soft summer rain that slightly dims the sharpness of a regular scene?

Maybe if we are thinking of unicorns and pixie dust.

But if God cried with us ... and His Word says He laughs, so ...

We remember each of our stories of where we were.

And God remembers because, yes he was there and everyone of the almost 3,000 were His ...

When He and His Angels cry, is it because they have welcomed home anyone? I don’t think so. His Word says when one comes home they celebrate. Even just one.

Why cry? Because He knows the pain of the tens of thousands who would miss the ones swept away in an instant. That pain will define lives and change them ... many for the worse. That pain will not be an instant but will last for many years.

We sit in the last of those tears in my little town, up state NY. Where there were so many tears, the rivers swelled and reached out to the earth bound. Flooding? Yes, another tragedy, so it seems.

But as I worked last night with bottled water to make donuts and fritters, this thought came to me.

He cries also because He knew of the loss of life that came supposedly in His Name. A jihad, a holy war. He has no such desire. He loves the world, only people take His Name and make horrid things out of it. He loves us and gave His best gifts for us but we reject them ... even in His name.

He cries because He knows others will say where was He at this time? He cries because He knows all along those who have not turned to Him will blame Him. How can a loving God allow this? How indeed. He has always allowed us to be with Him and walk with Him, but we almost to a man, woman and child choose to go other ways. Then when things go wrong, we blame Him for it. We never blame Mother Nature, if all we believe in is natural force. We never blame science if all we believe in is the workings of physical ideas that carry force. We always blame Him. We don’t care enough to be in His mindset or to talk with Him, learn of Him, but we can surely blame Him..

He can handle it. But he cries because that cycle of thinking never works or never changes a thing. Someone has to be blamed, and since we don’t care to be responsible ourselves, we will blame Him.

This does hurt because it continues to bring out the same old pattern. People will say they are doing things in His Name and there is no verifiable way to validate that because no one takes the time to really know.

He cries, they cry, because He knows this will bring about more suffering and death. Jesus said His God was the God of the Living, yet he firmly spoke to a religious group in his day and said they did not know His God, for their god was the god of the dead.

War almost always brings about more war. We count the soldiers and heroes and we are correct to do so in our nations’s name. Jesus even said, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s" Taxes were the issue then, but the broader term may include proper military service. Proper. But these holy warriors that flew planes into places that were not military ...

More suffering follows when people misuse God’s Name and purposes. This is why He cries. It not only hurts those very people but it drives a wedge between Him and those who would spend time using their bright minds and hearts reaching out to Him, to touch His Face, to walk in His Grace ... and they would instead say, "If this is of God, I want nothing of Him."

So, a hurricane in Manhattan ... as rare as it is, and a second that almost comes but brings countless tears from Heaven, leading to this anniversary, this special day ...

If one looks close enough. If one shares in the tears of those who lost so much. If one looks at the pain that the world has felt because of this awful act that some bore in His Name ...

One can see the tears of God and His Angels as they cry for those, remembering lives taken away, lives in pain, lives facing certain war, lives changed forever from "average Joes" to ones filled with anger, ...

He may regret the sadness of flooding and storms, but give Him credit for crying along with us and the world that this terrible day ever happened.

... And know that if you want to, He still wants to walk with you, talk with you, share with you ... hoping that the cycle of hate, anger and loss of real faith this day continues might be broken when you do want to do the same. Just you. One at a time.

As I finish, the clouds thunder ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: A Hurricane in Manhattan?

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: A Hurricane in Manhattan?:
    [QUOTE]hey yaz, god and his angels left the building a long time ago. we're on our own.
    Posted by crawful[/QUOTE]

Thats what u think...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

It's weird how people attribute sadness to god because of a devastating terrorist attack, yet that same god- who is all powerful by the way- couldn't be bothered to stop the attacks in the first place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

your not kiddin southpaw. I have sympathy for crawful. sad to hear somebody say something like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]What does this have to do with the Red Sox?  This is a Red Sox board.  Go post this somewhere else.
    Posted by kimsaysthat[/QUOTE]

Well my imposter is still posting. Similar name, avatar and even copied my sig line. I don't think there's any misunderstanding that.

It has been reported, but, apparently, the mods feel it's still OK to do that to a Sox fan on the site. Maybe Dottie can explain to me why this is still acceptable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I realised why I did not notice it was an imposter, its because the imposter is actually making posts that you would make. How in the hell would you expect us to pick up on that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I realised why I did not notice it was an imposter, its because the imposter is actually making posts that you would make. How in the hell would you expect us to pick up on that?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Really? That's a post I would make to a Sox fan? When did I ever do that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You always tell NY fans that they should not be here... what in either of the mimicker posts are any different from something you would normally say?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Hurricane in Manhattan? : Really? That's a post I would make to a Sox fan? When did I ever do that?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

How do you know UR imposter is addressing a Sox fan?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]You always tell NY fans that they should not be here... what in either of the mimicker posts are any different from something you would normally say?

Correction...I ask NY trolls why they would want to spend all their time here, not all Yankee fans, athough the answer is pretty obvious. Do I think we should have postive threads up about what's going on with the Yankees, when negative ones are removed? No.

FTR, this post is talking to a Sox fan on the board. And the fact that you, yourself, said you couldn't distinguish between the two, is why is was created in the first place, and why it should have been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I can agree that it should be removed but I doubt the board is nealry as moderated as harness believes. That is a good thing though as too much censorship affects other things... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Hurricane in Manhattan? : How do you know UR imposter is addressing a Sox fan?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Because the post appears to be about the thread, which was started by a Sox fan. I don't see the post as addressing any particular post.

I think that's pretty obvious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I can agree that it should be removed but I doubt the board is nealry as moderated as harness believes. That is a good thing though as to much censorship affects other things... 

Try putting a thread up that doesn't flatter the Yankees or shows their fans in a bad light. You'll see how moderated it is. I had a thread that didn't even last 24 hours with nothing offensive in it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

FWIW, I just reported the cyborg for you. Maybe a multiple voice will trigger some action. But it could unleash a revolving door of them before long.

Sections
Shortcuts