A Little 2012 v. 2013 Payroll Math

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: A Little 2012 v. 2013 Payroll Math

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Out: Crawbust 20M and AGon 22M and Beckett 17M and Ross= 62M 

In: Shane 13M and Dumpster 13.25M and Napoli 13M and S. Drew 9.5M + Gomes 5M + Hanrahan 4.1M + Uehara 4.25M = 62.1M

Shane and Gomes = 18M

Crawbust and Ross = 23M    

While it's a value improvement, with Ellsbury and his 10 million labor costs, it's not exactly a big improvement.

Agon = 22M

Napoli = 13M 

This might appear to be a great value improvement, unless what considers the recent history and medical issues with Napoli. In addition, Napoli is not the defender that AGon is, nor is he close to being the overall hitter that AGon is.

Beckett = 17M

Dumpster = 13M Hanrahan = 4.1M Uehara 4.25M = 21.25M

I think this is a good value improvement, only because of the decent pen arms, not because of Dumpster v. Beckett

Drew at 9.5M appears to be a value from the "savings", but this guy is damaged goods who continues the Red Sox debacle of "the slugging SS and hurt the pitching staff on defense SS". 

Overall, it's a value improvement, but it's still embarrassing to construct a roster and spend the same kind of labor costs and not, in any way, substantially improve the value and capability of the roster.

In all this money, sideways on starting pitchers and nearly 23 million for two Centerfielders who do not compliment one another at all. The first base slot has been downgraded, and there is still nothing defensively at SS. The only improvement has been in the pen depth, but that was the strongest part of the 2012 embarrassment 160 million plus labor group.

Unless a big trade that improves roster construction is on the wings, the Red Sox need a new GM, yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

You know you lose all credibility in your analyses when you do name calling as part of your argument.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Value is a silly term uses by softy. He would love the Sox to spend 60 million and win 60 games that would be a perfect team for him to root for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This captious prevarcation strategery median average drivel is stoogerific!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pike I guess by your standards you have once again been baited by the great softlaw.  Did I use "your" correctly this time?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

You get so-called "baited" the minute you enter a thread created by someone you deem a "puppet master".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keith Moon fan, why not just ignore Softlaw? Why enable him or take him seriously.  Nobody else does. You are the puppet dancing on Softlaw's strings. What a shame for a smart man like you to be taken by such a troll.  The only other explanation is that you are also Softlaw. How long will the forum fall fall for this charade?.

[/QUOTE]

I notice you are here on a softy thread not ignoring him. The only explanation is that you are also him.

Stop worrying about other posters.

I'm not "taken by a troll". I was taught to not let liars get away with it, so when softy spews lies, I'll call him on it. If you don't like what I'm doing, then avoid these threads. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

name calling

There is no name calling in this thread, other than stooge who just trolled by.

[/QUOTE]

What name did I call you on this thread?

"This captious prevarcation strategery median average drivel is stoogerific!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

My comments were directed to Moonslav in his pathetic response to being baited by Softlaw. I did not respond personally to Softlaw's baiting / trolling. Please try to keep up.

[/QUOTE]

It's pathetic for you to have. to continuously have to try and tell others what they should do. Look in the mirror, long and hard, then tell me what you see. What do you bring to this forum?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

Value is a silly term uses by softy. He would love the Sox to spend 60 million and win 60 games that would be a perfect team for him to root for.

In fact, Bojo's value is his love for the Red Sox spending 170 million plus to win less than 70 games. My value for 2013 was the correct budget of 100 to 120M, which ended up as 120M in my 2013 roster contruction.

One has to laugh at the statement from Bojo. The Red Sox won about 60 games last year and spent nearly three times what Bojo falsely states as my value budget. But, hey, why spend 60 millon to win 60 games when you can spend nearly three times that amount and win 60 games.

[/QUOTE]

Here is what it comes down to. The Red Sox have very expensive tickets and a TV network. Should those profits go into the product or into Henry's pocket? I prefer in the product.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pike did you miss moonslav59 telling you that your actions were "pathetic" ?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

Dance, dance, dance forum regulars to the repetitive, boring, staged charade of troll Softlaw who is not / never was a Red Sox fan.  Be a puppet and dance, dance, dance.  Tax your brain, waste your typing, ignore the dog - all to debate a pretender - even Moon calls him a pretender - yet Moon continues to debate a pretender. Isn't debating a pretender similar to trying to teach your dog to read. Amazing. Why do you consider this to be real and sincere. Go watch WWF.

[/QUOTE]

You remain by the worst and most hated poster here, Pike.  Either you are a full-time troll doing what you do intentially to annoy and bore posters here, or you have a serious mental problem rendering you unable to appreciate how hated your behaviour is. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I lurk more than I post here because I find a lot of posters here to be completely ridiculous conflict seekers. When the Sox are doing poorly, it's clearly reflected on this forum with poor posting, and vice-versa.

And you don't see this as a pathetic undertaking?

I told him that taking Softlaw seriously was pathetic since Softlaw doesn't take himself seriously. Can you imagine Softlaw sitting at his keyboard laughing while he dupes the same folks day after day.  The troll always wins the conflict game and they don't even have to make sense, be logical or reasonable, or prepared. They win when they upset  others. That is their game.

People said to just ignore and not take Hitler seriously too.

softy doesn't "upset me". Most of the time I am laughing at his clown logic, and the others I expose his lies, so others don't fall for it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts