A Little 2012 v. 2013 Payroll Math

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Little 2012 v. 2013 Payroll Math

There's not much more to say to posts that are 100% lies.

Ignoring lies and blatant misrepresentations of facts leads to a world you must covet,

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keith Moon fan, why not just ignore Softlaw? Why enable him or take him seriously.  Nobody else does. You are the puppet dancing on Softlaw's strings. What a shame for a smart man like you to be taken by such a troll.  The only other explanation is that you are also Softlaw. How long will the forum fall fall for this charade?.

[/QUOTE]

I notice you are here on a softy thread not ignoring him. The only explanation is that you are also him.

Stop worrying about other posters.

I'm not "taken by a troll". I was taught to not let liars get away with it, so when softy spews lies, I'll call him on it. If you don't like what I'm doing, then avoid these threads. 

[/QUOTE]
    Calling Softlaw a liar and a pretender is step #1. 

A liar and pretender who comes to a forum with the deliberate intention of creating controversy, inflaming, irritating, annoying, and deceiving is labeled as an:

INTERNET TROLL.

That should be step #2

Studies have shown that arguing with him will not bother him at all, in fact it will encourage him. Trolls feed upon irate responses.

You are enabling a liar, pretender, a troll.  

[/QUOTE]

You assume my intention is to change softy. Do you really think anyone can change softy? I know he is who he is.

My intention is to expose his lies so others don't fall for his bunk. As you must know, several posters here do just that.

Why is it that you can argue with him, but others are scolded by you for doing the same?

Please don't answer until you look in the mirror for at least 60 seconds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here is what it comes down to. The Red Sox have very expensive tickets and a TV network. Should those profits go into the product or into Henry's pocket? I prefer in the product.

Here is what it comes down to. The Red Sox have a huge big labor budget. This budget cannot be expanded. Should fans' money continue to go into the same management and same big labor pockets who produce loser baseball? I prefer new management and a purging of the loser big Labor and loser big labor FA profiles.  

[/QUOTE]

This response doesn't make sense. The Sox have an expensive product. BMW has an expsensive product. When you by a Beamer you assume they have expensive parts. you would not want a car with the cost of a Ford Focus. You don't want a Focus you want a Beamer. The Red Sox shouldn't pocket the cash. It is a disservice to the fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

People said to just ignore and not take Hitler seriously too.

softy doesn't "upset me". Most of the time I am laughing at his clown logic, and the others I expose his lies, so others don't fall for it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  While I don't bother much with Softy the Clown anymore....who could make him look more ridiculous than himself? - ok, Snakeoil can but he's a glorious exception to the rule - in the words of Edmund Burke "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

Why let Softy get away with his lies, hatred and bigotry?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

Out: Crawbust 20M and AGon 22M and Beckett 17M and Ross= 62M 

In: Shane 13M and Dumpster 13.25M and Napoli 13M and S. Drew 9.5M + Gomes 5M + Hanrahan 4.1M + Uehara 4.25M = 62.1M

Shane and Gomes = 18M

Crawbust and Ross = 23M    

While it's a value improvement, with Ellsbury and his 10 million labor costs, it's not exactly a big improvement.

Agon = 22M

Napoli = 13M 

This might appear to be a great value improvement, unless what considers the recent history and medical issues with Napoli. In addition, Napoli is not the defender that AGon is, nor is he close to being the overall hitter that AGon is.

Beckett = 17M

Dumpster = 13M Hanrahan = 4.1M Uehara 4.25M = 21.25M

I think this is a good value improvement, only because of the decent pen arms, not because of Dumpster v. Beckett

Drew at 9.5M appears to be a value from the "savings", but this guy is damaged goods who continues the Red Sox debacle of "the slugging SS and hurt the pitching staff on defense SS". 

Overall, it's a value improvement, but it's still embarrassing to construct a roster and spend the same kind of labor costs and not, in any way, substantially improve the value and capability of the roster.

In all this money, sideways on starting pitchers and nearly 23 million for two Centerfielders who do not compliment one another at all. The first base slot has been downgraded, and there is still nothing defensively at SS. The only improvement has been in the pen depth, but that was the strongest part of the 2012 embarrassment 160 million plus labor group.

Unless a big trade that improves roster construction is on the wings, the Red Sox need a new GM, yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

i take no issue with your post. I do however think your theory on value is not based in actuallties but your own beliefs. See not realizing that a guy like BJ Upton got the contract he did as have others and then not base your theory with the facts of current contracts to others is bound to cause problems with your theory. Basing your theory solely on your beliefs is foolish.

much like when you stated a SS with more Errors is not a good SS. However you totally disregarded the players range and total chances. You need to use all facts to make your theories work or even make sense.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

Jim from FL,

On value, maybe you should listen less to the management that offered 142M to Carl Crawford, and more attention to the poster who said to avoid the guy like the plague. The rest of your comments on value are as incompetent as the Red Sox management is on the SS position.

[/QUOTE]

The guy that got 142 mil was worth it at that time based upon other contracts that were given. Just because he did not perform does not make it a bad contract at the time it wears made. Your assessment is hindsight 20/20 vision. It also has nothing to do with current contracts as they are based upon current events. So do not try to change the subject from now to two years ago.

Also on the SS he is the guy who put the A's over the top ....in 39 games he was responsible for over 40 to 50 runs along with a better fielding SS. 

I also say you are wrong not to include range and TCs in your assessment of a SS. Only using errors is an incomplete picture.

was jayson worth, worth the contract he got that same year? 

who is better 20 E's in 600 chances or 15 in 500 just remember you said fewer E's was a better SS????

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hard to find a more ptiful intellectual midget than one who injects "Hitler" on a Red Sox message board.

It's not like there is no connection. You took on hankwilliamsjr's name as a monniker days after his Obama/Hitler statements.

You inject hatred, bigotry, racism and much more vile drivel than everyone else on this board put together.

You lie and you spread hate. Some choose to ignore. Some choose to explain away your motives. Some flock to your feet because in your world the "trains run on time".

You are one sick individual. 

Get help soon, dude, for your own good and the good of those close to you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think softlaw1 hit the nail right on the head with his post. the sox dumped crawford gonzalez and beckett in order to whipe the slate clean and start over. gonzalez was arguably the sox best player, gold glove defender, big bat in the middle. he was our franchise player. everyone was excited and optomistic about all the financial freedom and ben talked about building the next great red sox team. as softlaw pointed out, virtually all the money saved by dumping those 3 players has been spent, and the sox have little to show for. we are still worse offensively than last year ( i would take crawford, gonzalez, and iglesias over napoli, victorino and drew all day long) and really no better starting rotation wise than last year. beckett and dempster are basically a wash and dempster is older and has little exprience in the AL. The only area we have imrpoved upon is the pen which wasnt a huge area of need. signing a bunch of past their prime free agents because they are good clubhouse guys is not going to turn around a 93 loss team. yes it is good to have guys who are leaders and are good teammates, but in order to win games we do need some TALENT. when u trade your number 3 hitter adrian gonzalez, you need to replace that bat. napoli doesnt cut it. justin  upton or giancarlo stanton would fit the bill but it remains to be seen if the sox will make a push for either. (if ben had a brain he would) Next we move to beckett, beckett was supposed to be the ace of the staff last year, but was not even close. so now we replace him with dempster who is older and has little experience in the AL. he is a good 3/4 starter in the AL, but not the #1 the sox need. josh johnson would have fit the bill but likw usual ben missed out as he was too afraid to spare his beloved prospects. we should have got reyes and johnson from the jays, but ben couldnt get the deal done. (whats new) zach grienke? sox passed, anibal sanchez? same thing, josh hamilton? passed. all the money saveed from last year has  been put towards worse players. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

josh johnson would have fit the bill but likw usual ben missed out as he was too afraid to spare his beloved prospects. we should have got reyes and johnson from the jays, but ben couldnt get the deal done. (whats new) zach grienke? sox passed, anibal sanchez? same thing, josh hamilton? passed. all the money saveed from last year has  been put towards worse players. 

softy despised all of your suggestions, so I don't see how you can say he "hit the nail on the head".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

When you by a Beamer you assume they have expensive parts. you would not want a car with the cost of a Ford Focus. You don't want a Focus you want a Beamer. The Red Sox shouldn't pocket the cash. It is a disservice to the fans.

Whey you pay a Beamer price for Big Labor, the parts should not break down at less than 70 games. The disservice to the fan is the fraud of Big Labor. They are paid to run like a Beamer and they run like an old Ford Pinto.

[/QUOTE]

The problem you that you don't see the players as the product. They are. Once you understand that you won't get jealous over salaries.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]

josh johnson would have fit the bill but likw usual ben missed out as he was too afraid to spare his beloved prospects. we should have got reyes and johnson from the jays, but ben couldnt get the deal done. (whats new) zach grienke? sox passed, anibal sanchez? same thing, josh hamilton? passed. all the money saveed from last year has  been put towards worse players. 

softy despised all of your suggestions, so I don't see how you can say he "hit the nail on the head".

[/QUOTE

i was referring to the fact that i agreed with him that the sox have basically wasted all the money they saved and have not assemble a better team. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

oh boy. softys doing math again....i see he still hasn't gotten any better.