A message from Harness

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

A message from Harness

Folks, at the urging of J-Bay, we wrote to Harness to see how he was and why he hasn't been on the board. Here's the note we received from him:

Was gonna call you, as this is a bit of a challenge.

I haven't been on the board since last year.

Please convey to J-Bay/the board that, due to a deteriorating physical issue, in all probability, I won't be returning to the board. Fortunately, it's not a life/death situation.

My regret is no longer connecting with some genuinely nice people - the terrific posters who backbone the forum. I'm grateful for the ride ... and wish them, and you, the very best.

Take care.

If any of you want to add comments here for him, we're happy to collect them and email them to him. Not sure how often he checks email, or if he can read the board postings, but perhaps he'll see your thoughts and good wishes one way or another.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: A message from Harness

Thank you so much for reaching out to harness on our behalf Dottie/BDC

Harness,

You were the patriarch of this board for many years. It hasn't and will never be the same without you. Thank you for all your contributions to the board, you helped make it what it is today. You will be greatly missed.

I wish you all the best,

J

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

harness, we miss you. You were a great asset to this board. Good luck and best wishes!

PS I'm continuing the CERA battle for the both of us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Here's wishing for a Red Sky your way, tonight. From the pasture, best wishes to you and your family.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

You are missed.

Get well, my friend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to A message from Harness:
    Folks, at the urging of J-Bay, we wrote to Harness to see how he was and why he hasn't been on the board. Here's the note we received from him: Was gonna call you, as this is a bit of a challenge. I haven't been on the board since last year. Please convey to J-Bay/the board that, due to a deteriorating physical issue, in all probability, I won't be returning to the board. Fortunately, it's not a life/death situation.   My regret is no longer connecting with some genuinely nice people - the terrific posters who backbone the forum. I'm grateful for the ride ... and wish them, and you, the very best. Take care. If any of you want to add comments here for him, we're happy to collect them and email them to him. Not sure how often he checks email, or if he can read the board postings, but perhaps he'll see your thoughts and good wishes one way or another.
    Posted by BDCDottie

Interesting how these thoughts were conveyed to the board through another party, but in any event best wishes if you are ill. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Get well and enjoy the road you are taking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: A message from Harness:
    Thank you so much for reaching out to harness on our behalf Dottie/BDC Harness, You were the patriarch of this board for many years. It hasn't and will never be the same without you. Thank you for all your contributions to the board, you helped make it what it is today. You will be missed. I wish you all the best
    Posted by J-BAY

Harness,

I have the same sentiments as J-BAY, and feel your loss of friendship as if I knew you in person. I am thrilled to hear you're OK.

Steve

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

harness,

I've enjoyed some of the threads where we've had long discussions (the Fisk thread for example). They were some of the most enjoyable threads I've had on this board.

I hope you improve that you can rejoin the board, but in any event, I wish you the best.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Best wishes to you Harness, you are missed...and I hope you feel well soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Best wishes to you Harness! I hope I'm not over stepping my bounds, but wanted to be sure you've taken advantage of all possible technological aids available today. There have been great strides made in voice recognition technologies/programs which could possibly benefit you. There are also a variety of sponsored programs designed to get these products to those in need. Again, I wish you the very best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Harness, always you are a class act and a learned Sox fan who was an intellectual in discussion and a fan at heart. Take care.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wow...sad - i wish him the best....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Harness, sorry we couldn't connect last year when the Sox were in town.  Take care of yourself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

In Response to A message from Harness:
    Folks, at the urging of J-Bay, we wrote to Harness to see how he was and why he hasn't been on the board. Here's the note we received from him: Was gonna call you, as this is a bit of a challenge. I haven't been on the board since last year. Please convey to J-Bay/the board that, due to a deteriorating physical issue, in all probability, I won't be returning to the board. Fortunately, it's not a life/death situation.   My regret is no longer connecting with some genuinely nice people - the terrific posters who backbone the forum. I'm grateful for the ride ... and wish them, and you, the very best. Take care. If any of you want to add comments here for him, we're happy to collect them and email them to him. Not sure how often he checks email, or if he can read the board postings, but perhaps he'll see your thoughts and good wishes one way or another.
    Posted by BDCDottie

Be well, Harness !!! (friend of PRKNSDNLD, banned five year poster)....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Best wishes, Harness. Always maintain your marvelous sense of humor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In the sense that one can be friends with an anonymous person on a chat board, it is the way that I think of this gentleman. When I began posting no other person made me feel as welcomed and appreciated as Mr. H. He encouraged me with favorable comments whenever I dipped into song or prose, and his hearty YOUUUUUUUUUUK! could be heard all the way to the Great Dominion State and always re-assured me that my time here was well spent. Thank you, and I wish you good health.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Harness, here's to wishing you good health.... and IF you are experienceing other endeavors may I wish you a sailors happiest wishes.... FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS.... make cameos if you can we'd love to hear from you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

All the best to you Harness.  You were always a force to be reckoned with.  Jason Varitek wishes you were here too. SmileTake care of yourself. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Best of luck !!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Take care, harness.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Genuinely nice people?   Wow, he has been gone a while.

Hey Harness Dude - best of luck, and hope you feel better.  We'll continue to miss your actual voice of reason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

harness better days of health ahead for you, and I hope you can return. I won the bet btw  Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Harness,

Take care!  I've got MS, & had a horrific slide a few years ago!  It was literally hell on Earth.  It has taken 4 years, but I'm back on my feet.  It's not peaches & cream, & never will be again, but I've actually got a whole new attitude.  I may not reflect it on this board, where I often "vent" about the Sox, but once you've seen Hell & live to tell about it, it gives you a new lease on life!

No matter what.... no matter how bad it gets.....  I don't know your particular situation, but keep the faith, hang in there (trite, but it can help), keep working, keep trying, keep fighting, NO MATTER WHAT!  I got to a place so low, I never could have imagined thinking the thoughts I thought, but if you keep trying & get past THAT.......  you will come out ok, no matter what your BODY decides to do to you!!  Keep the faith!  Whatever that faith is!

Take care of yourself!!!  We miss you!  I miss arguing with you, & even taking the occasional cheep shot at you :)  Never too seriously, but cheep non the less!  Come on back if you can, so you can give it right back!!! Besides! Softy seems positively toothless when he doesn't have your ample leg to gnaw on :)

Sections
Shortcuts