A message from Harness

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: A message from Harness

This board has a hole in it, Harness, where your presence used to be.  I hope you are able to come back and plug it one day.  Peace, bro.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Harness,

So sad to hear this. Actually, incredibly sad. You were the first person I met when I came to this board, and you were very kind to me. I always enjoyed talking with you and considered you a friend here. As I've often said...you're a straight shooter. We definitely had our ups and downs last season, but it's going to be different not having you here. I miss you already. Take care of yourself.

All the best,
    Kim

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

this  is a total relief to know...hey Harn..miss you pal..be well....J, great job of staying on this....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Take care Harness, your opinions, good natured banter, and great sense of humor will be missed. You never took yourself or the board too seriously to have a good time. Hopefully, at some point in time you will be able to return.

Best of luck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to A message from Harness:
    Folks, at the urging of J-Bay, we wrote to Harness to see how he was and why he hasn't been on the board. Here's the note we received from him: Was gonna call you, as this is a bit of a challenge. I haven't been on the board since last year. Please convey to J-Bay/the board that, due to a deteriorating physical issue, in all probability, I won't be returning to the board. Fortunately, it's not a life/death situation.   My regret is no longer connecting with some genuinely nice people - the terrific posters who backbone the forum. I'm grateful for the ride ... and wish them, and you, the very best. Take care. If any of you want to add comments here for him, we're happy to collect them and email them to him. Not sure how often he checks email, or if he can read the board postings, but perhaps he'll see your thoughts and good wishes one way or another.
    Posted by BDCDottie

Harness,

We miss you.

Sorry to hear of any conditinon that may be limiting you in any way.  It has been a pleasure to have been a deputy with you ...

My prayers and thoughts, friend!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

The board is certainly the lesser in your absense. Hope to have you return here soon; your humor and loyalty to the Sox are dearly missed. The board and the team need you! Be well my friend.
    Jidge

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Harness,
    All the best to you and yours. Your insight and knowledge of baseball will be sorely missed.
    BTW: I've come to realize just how much Tek is missed.

Regards,
    Harv

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hope you are doing well.

In the words of Pink Floyd: WISH YOU WERE HERE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Harness, I am so glad to hear that your health issue is not life threatening and wish you all the best whether you can return to the forum or not. Be well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Good to hear from you, Harness. Wishing you all the best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Harness,

Add me to the list of posters who will miss your insights and fairminded posts.  May the wind always be at your back...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

During my time here I recognized Harness as an irascilbe old curmudgeon, and when I grow up I hope I'm just like him!  :-)

Best wishes, and I hope you can make it back here sometime, even if for a cameo performance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Peace brother

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I know harness had failing eyesight.  I'm pretty certain that's the issue.

I'll miss him.

He challeneged me on many issues and swayed me on CERA and park influences among others.

He's a tough cookie, and I know he misses this place.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

There is software that turns text into spoken words and voice to text. Very accurate and inexpensive. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Maybe he can do that; I'm just glad he's OK; hey J-Bay, I should have gotten a little credit too, LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: A message from Harness:
    Maybe he can do that; I'm just glad he's OK; hey J-Bay, I should have gotten a little credit too, LOL!
    Posted by nhsteven

me too, steven. when I saw the email from BDC, I was almost afraid to open it...sad he won't be returning and why, but it was a relief to know and he's OK. harness was the best of the best here

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: A message from Harness:
    In Response to Re: A message from Harness : me too, steven. when I saw the email in my in box I was almost afraid to open it...sad he won't be returning and why, but it was a relief to know and he's OK. harness was the best of the best here
    Posted by J-BAY

I miss him; horribly; even though our friendship was only in pen-pal (there's a dated term) mode.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Amazing how Harness goes out with Varitek. I'm glad Harness doesn't have a life threatening issue.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Good luck my man.  It'd be nice to see you at the track some day for a few beers and a little action.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Wish you the best Harness, you made me a believer in CERA although i didnt need that much swaying when it came to Vteks influence, best of luck to you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Sorry to learn about your vision problem, getting old is tough.
    I whish you all the best!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Thank you dottie for providing this thread.  I appreciate the update.  

This thread has been a delight to read.  Harness, as a poster and person, has brought out the best in people.  This thread is a reflection of this.

Harness, more than anyone else, brought me to this board and inspired my best and whackiest contributions.  I consider him a friend.  I have enjoyed his baseball insight, originality, encouragement, humah, comradery, brotherhood as a long-time Red Sox and baseball fan, and his overall spirit.  I miss his presence here and the board has suffered greatly as a result of his absence.

Harness, if you read this, thank you for your friendship and I wish you peace.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Harness- Sad that certain physical ailments will make it unable for you to return here, but glad to know that they are not life threatening. I know you will be sorely missed by all. You sir, are a scholar and a gentlemen, and I for one will miss your threads and comments. 

Your name and number will be retired here at BDC monument park.

Good luck my friend and enjoy your life. 

Thanks J-Bay and BDC for going the extra mile to reach out to Harness. For all the silliness that takes place on this board at times, it is good to know that we are in fact an online community who actually cares about each other.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Wishing you all the best !!

Sections
Shortcuts