A Must Read for all Forum Regulars...HUMOR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

A Must Read for all Forum Regulars...HUMOR!

The river of tears deluging Boston sports talk/chat by inconsolable Titoites has reached lamentable and epic proportions. The tsunami of whining heard by EEI callers reached record levels today when enraged Conaheads demanded full statements of apologies and/or support for the sacked ex-manager by all current/former players. Apparently the news that Francona himself quit after admitting he lost control of his own players has either not seeped in or been misunderstood by this devastated group of Boston Red Sox fans.

In the history of managerial changes, there has been almost no precedent of any player issuing a personal statement countering a decision by his team to terminate a former employee. Undeterred nonetheless, this snubbing of Tito is further proof to many of a grand conspiracy to replace Francona with a leader that will promote such despicable practices as staying in shape, playing small ball, hitting the cut-off man, not throwing old men to the ground, running the bases hard, and drinking beer only when the game is over.

Francona followers who frequent BDC have gathered every night outside of Fenway Park since the resignation holding lit candles and reciting baseball.com references while clutching their rosaries adorned with images of Francona’s bald head. A man who identified himself as Roy seethed in barely controlled fury explaining his feelings of anger now that someone named Andre-Mitch had bested him. Another Franconaphile, who called himself Harness, said he would refuse to acknowledge any information regarding Francona’s performance as manager that did not acknowledge that he was in fact a baseball wizard and therefore immortal and infallible. Refusing to speak on the record was a man in the shadows who was busy compiling a list of enemies - however sources later told us his name is either Kim or Pike, and that he uses many aliases and knows where we live. Another man, simply named Moon - spoke in catatonic cadence, able to mouth only the sounds SEE Ra.

Some in Red Sox chat community however are not so demoralized. The Red Sox front office today received a package from a concerned fan, Bosox1941, suggesting the successor to Francona. When the long envelope was opened, a photograph of famous Hollywood chimp J. Fred Muggs with the words, “I’m ready” was revealed. Another fan who refused to be identified by the Herald stated that the managerial change was caused by “The Big O.” When asked to elaborate, he referred us to his "Dad". A more reasoned opinion was offered by Lloyd Dobler who stated that he loved Francona and would miss him but, “London Calling is still the greatest fukking album of all time!” There were a few others who wanted to get on record on Francona’s dismissal but were devoured by a giant flame breathing reptile. Even babies were represented at the watering hole for jilted Sox fanatics. "Babyspace loves the all things Red Sox" said her beaming father, wearing a Bill Lee jersey. Babyspace was attired in a cute authentic non-pink Sox hat. He claimed her first words were, "I hate Don Zimmer."  

Regardless of all the mental anguish caused by this beloved icon’s firing (shhh don’t tell them that) baseball would carry on in Beantown. A poster identified as Georom4 reminded all Sox fans that there is no crying in baseball. “The players are all richer than us and they will never have to make ends meet by selling sausage grinders in the summertime to pay the bills - like I thought Pedroia was going to have to do”. “In the end…” said admitted Yankee fan Jessyeric, “The baseball you make is equal to the bunts you lay”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: There is no Francona whining in baseball - PART II

In Response to Re: There is no Francona whining in baseball - PART II:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

did you even read this? gee whiz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: There is no Francona whining in baseball - PART II

My apologies, Geo, I'll admit I didn't. Jumped to a conclusion, and I apologize.
    I'll admit, it's damn funny.
    Again, sorry.

Embarassed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: A Must Read for all Forum Regulars...HUMOR!

I renamed this thread - hopefully some will enjoy it and lighten up the mood a bit!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Well written and funny. It is a shame that the Francona's method of treating his players like mature adults instead of being a drill sargeant didnt work. It did work in previous years but not in 2011. The players could have respected their manager but apparently many choose not to. The perfect mix of players wasn't there. I'm sure that it happens on other teams also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am OOOOOOFENDED!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I'm a dark horse running on a dark race course. I'm a blue moon since I stepped out of the womb. I've been a cool jerk just looking for the source. I'm a dark horse..

Excellent G

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I'm just curious whether georom and  BOSOX1941 have stopped dancing and partying since the announcement...how long before we get to hear them second guess the next manager?

In any event, I am ready for a change because I do concur with some of the criticisms of Tito, in that he trusted too much in the players to both stay in shape and police themselves...it seems that that trust was the final nail in his coffin out of town.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Thanks for including me in your story, and for not mentioning me by name.

You are truly a Francona style poster, very fair, very entertaining. I've heard you don't like to sacrifice, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: A Must Read for all Forum Regulars...HUMOR!:
    [QUOTE]I'm just curious whether georom and  BOSOX1941 have stopped dancing and partying since the announcement...how long before we get to hear them second guess the next manager? In any event, I am ready for a change because I do concur with some of the criticisms of Tito, in that he trusted too much in the players to both stay in shape and police themselves...it seems that that trust was the final nail in his coffin out of town.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

I actually havent done to much chorttling.. I'm sort of disgusted by the way Francona's own players treated him - he really did deserve better but we are not dealing with rocket scientists apparently- I guess they do need to have someone tell them to not drink during games, support their teammates, and to get in shape if they are a pro ballplayer. I also went out of my way to say how classy I thought he handled his situation (much better than his supporters on bdc) but don't let that fact get in the way of casting judgement on us all who were right about his managing style.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Am I not famous enough yet to be in your story? 3,600+ posts don't get me anywhere? LOL I've also been surprised at some of the morose Sox fans. Ran into a guy wearing a Sox hat in the checkout line at Lowes the other day. I identified myself as a Sox fan and said "tough year" or something, and it was like pulling teeth to even get much more than a grunt out of him. I told him I liked Tito, but that I thought it was time for a change. Didn't say a word, just sort of shook his head like he agreed, yet didn't agree and didn't want to talk about it. Dunno, I'm the kind of person that likes to pull the good out of the bad, and I still think this will work to our favor in the long run. I said as much to him, and didn't get much reaction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm offended you didn't mention me g.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

BRAVO! Very funny. Perhaps, maybe could be the best thing you ever penned around here, for you to do any better, I guess we'll just have to wait til next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to A Must Read for all Forum Regulars...HUMOR!:
    [QUOTE]The river of tears deluging Boston sports talk/chat by inconsolable Titoites has reached lamentable and epic proportions. The tsunami of whining heard by EEI callers reached record levels today when enraged Conaheads demanded full statements of apologies and/or support for the sacked ex-manager by all current/former players. Apparently the news that Francona himself quit after admitting he lost control of his own players has either not seeped in or been misunderstood by this devastated group of Boston Red Sox fans. In the history of managerial changes, there has been almost no precedent of any player issuing a personal statement countering a decision by his team to terminate a former employee. Undeterred nonetheless, this snubbing of Tito is further proof to many of a grand conspiracy to replace Francona with a leader that will promote such despicable practices as staying in shape, playing small ball, hitting the cut-off man, not throwing old men to the ground, running the bases hard, and drinking beer only when the game is over. Francona followers who frequent BDC have gathered every night outside of Fenway Park since the resignation holding lit candles and reciting baseball.com references while clutching their rosaries adorned with images of Francona’s bald head. A man who identified himself as Roy seethed in barely controlled fury explaining his feelings of anger now that someone named Andre-Mitch had bested him. Another Franconaphile, who called himself Harness, said he would refuse to acknowledge any information regarding Francona’s performance as manager that did not acknowledge that he was in fact a baseball wizard and therefore immortal and infallible. Refusing to speak on the record was a man in the shadows who was busy compiling a list of enemies - however sources later told us his name is either Kim or Pike, and that he uses many aliases and knows where we live. Another man, simply named Moon - spoke in catatonic cadence, able to mouth only the sounds SEE Ra. Some in Red Sox chat community however are not so demoralized. The Red Sox front office today received a package from a concerned fan, Bosox1941, suggesting the successor to Francona. When the long envelope was opened, a photograph of famous Hollywood chimp J. Fred Muggs with the words, “I’m ready” was revealed. Another fan who refused to be identified by the Herald stated that the managerial change was caused by “The Big O.” When asked to elaborate, he referred us to his "Dad". A more reasoned opinion was offered by Lloyd Dobler who stated that he loved Francona and would miss him but, “London Calling is still the greatest fukking album of all time!” There were a few others who wanted to get on record on Francona’s dismissal but were devoured by a giant flame breathing reptile. Even babies were represented at the watering hole for jilted Sox fanatics. "Babyspace loves the all things Red Sox" said her beaming father, wearing a Bill Lee jersey. Babyspace was attired in a cute authentic non-pink Sox hat. He claimed her first words were, "I hate Don Zimmer."   Regardless of all the mental anguish caused by this beloved icon’s firing (shhh don’t tell them that) baseball would carry on in Beantown. A poster identified as Georom4 reminded all Sox fans that there is no crying in baseball. “The players are all richer than us and they will never have to make ends meet by selling sausage grinders in the summertime to pay the bills - like I thought Pedroia was going to have to do”. “In the end…” said admitted Yankee fan Jessyeric, “The baseball you make is equal to the bunts you lay”
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Even in satire, this is shoddy. List of "enemies" was a list of those who quit on their beloved team in 2009. Dabro and Woburn Paulie were there also, and they wqere hardly "enemies" (not a good term to use).

The Pike statement was hitting in testicle region. Hard to laugh when one is doubled over...

I admire UR wit, but reading between the lines it's obvious you didn't care to be held accountable for giving up on a team that was leading in the WC, and in fact made it to the Post Season.

Can't blame me for telling it like it was.
    Nor will I blame anybody else for calling me out on my long-shot O's projection.

Expect further lists from Harness Messenger when the need for one arises.
    Clever idea for this thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to A Must Read for all Forum Regulars...HUMOR!:
    [QUOTE]Refusing to speak on the record was a man in the shadows who was busy compiling a list of enemies - however sources later told us his name is either Kim or Pike, and that he uses many aliases and knows where we live. 
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Interesting that this sentence really had nothing to do with the OP, and was just thrown in for fun, I guess.

Amazing how a rumor about Sox fans spread by the trolling, trouble-making Yankee fan, pinstripeZac, and continued on by his pals, MikeyintheBronx and Babe, (and now Geo) can still be out there. I'll just add Geo to my KMA list.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Very entertaining, georom....There is also a degree of weeping and gnashing of teeth in Gotham City as well.  The Daily News had a front page banner headline today with A-Rod's picture prominently displayed: "Dump Him....and A.J. too..." Or something like that....Jeez, I guess we take this game a wee bit too seriously.....I for one am quite annoyed that my Rangers over Phils in seven games pick is looking a little silly right  about now....Rangers over Brewers???? There is a matchup Fox will die for....

Warning: This post was created by a Yankee fan, and may be intended to cause irreparable emotional and psychological harm to any Red Sox fan who might read it.

"Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living."

Mary Harris "Mother" Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) - 1930 (U.S.) )

when the boss comes callin' his take his toll 
    when the boss comes callin' don't you sell your soul 
    when the boss comes callin' we gotta organize 

- Dropkick Murphys (for the workers of Wisconsin)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I never get mention in these kind of things.  My take is it's because I have cornered the market on condescension....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Francona's managing style was dictated from his superiors to a large degree. It will most probably be the same with the next manager. Hopefully the new manager will be blessed with players with a better attitude.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Wow for the very first time I actually think kimsaysthis may truly be pike.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Wow for the very first time I actually think kimsaysthis may truly be pike .
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

And I guess that makes you just another guy posting on the Internet who can't tell a male from a female. You should get out more.

And, FTR, BDC knows I'm not Pike, or any other poster on the board. After all the posts by Yankee trolls and now you and Geo, I think they should say so. JMO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The alias thing here has gotten to the point where gender recognition has been obfuscated. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

So we have a Yankee troll starting the rumor against a poster he once ran off the board and still wants off his board, his Yankee pals who feel the same way, Geo (FOYF), Burrito, who I recently removed from my friends list, and now Harness' bff, who I also recently removed from my friends list. The plot thickens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]Francona's managing style was dictated from his superiors to a large degree. It will most probably be the same with the next manager. Hopefully the new manager will be blessed with players with a better attitude.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

And what does that tell you about a man taking that kind of job?? I could just see Tito's original interview going something like... 

Theo: "Ok Terry I'm thinking you're the guy we want to be the next manager of The Red Sox"
     Terry: "Great, I can use my experience managing the Phillies here in Boston" !!
      Theo: NOT !! Don't be Crazy, All we want you to do is kinda be friends with the players and give them anything they need, they'll do the rest. You just sit back and enjoy the game. In other words don't do anything stupid like hit & Run or sacrifice runners over. And Never, I mean Never call for a Squeeze, Ever "
     Terry: " Ok, but If I have to manage the way you dictate to me, can I at least eat, drink, and Chew in the dugout during the game"?
     Theo: "Absolutely, as a matter of fact we'll be supplying you with all seeds and Gum you can chew just to keep you occupied so you don't get in the players way. I'd suggest you take your gum out occasionally and kinda play with it a little, you know, kinda roll it up in a little ball then stick it back in your mouth. We want to assure you that we picked this special group of mature individuals (Manny, Damon, Millar...) who know exactly what to do, so for Pete's sake don't try any strategy crap. I wouldn't even be surprised that when we make the playoffs we don't lose the first 3 games to the Yankees before they turn it on, run the table, and make you look like a Genius. They're that mature, and good" !!

I'm guessing it won't be like that with the next manager. I'm guessing Henry will want somebody there that has a little better handle on what's going on around him and not a guy like Chance the Gardner from the movie "Being There" !! Just a guess on my part.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Good work Geo. 

Very funny! We need more humor on this site.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Good work Geo.  Very funny! We need more humor on this site.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I know. "His name is either Kim or Pike" had me ROFL. We have the same sense of humor.