A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter

He's 37. I think anyone who knows baseball knows that Jeter is probably more like a 260-280 hitter now. hes def not a 220 hitter, just off to a slow start. If I were a yankee fan, I wouldnt expect too much from the Captain for the next 4 years. sure, he'll still have his big moments, just not like the late 90's. Great player and 1st ballot HOF IMO. I wouldnt tie up that DH spot for the next few years either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter

Derek Jeter is past his prime.  A first ballot Hall of Famer for sure.

Derek Jeter is not past his prime when it comes to dating beautiful women.  lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'll be honest, I was expecting Jeter to bounceback big this year.  Basically another vintage Jeter year... Not only has he picked up where he left off, but he's sliding even more.  This has to be very concerning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter:
    I'll be honest, I was expecting Jeter to bounceback big this year.  Basically another vintage Jeter year... Not only has he picked up where he left off, but he's sliding even more.  This has to be very concerning.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

This is not a concern for Red Sox Nation.   :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter:

I'd love to see the posts of you predicting a vintage Jeter year for 2011 if there are any.

I wouldn't give up just yet SPC....don't be too concerned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

Where are all of the daily Yankee fans who come here with sincere concern about Red Sox problems? You know the ones who live in New York City and have the Boston Globe delivered to their house instead of a local newspaper or the ones who listen to WEEI instead of WFAN. Why do they memorize Bosox statistics and are ignorant about their own players?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter :   The Sox don't have any problems. Smiley said so.
    Posted by prknsdnld

You're problem is that you are obsessed with Beni. You won't go to a Yankee forum and share conversation on the Yankee strengths and weaknesses ( which include Jeter's poor start). Are those on the Yankee forum who are critical of Jeter as evil as you say Beni is? Sounds illogical to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Where are all of the daily Yankee fans who come here with sincere concern about Red Sox problems? You know the ones who live in New York City and have the Boston Globe delivered to their house instead of a local newspaper or the ones who listen to WEEI instead of WFAN. Why do they memorize Bosox statistics and are ignorant about their own players?
    Posted by ConcernTroll

Thanks Bro.

Go Sox!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : I'd love to see the posts of you predicting a vintage Jeter year for 2011 if there are any. I wouldn't give up just yet SPC....don't be too concerned.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx
    Mikey, though he didn't use the word "vintage", in a post to me in another Beni thread..go figure..Tongue out.. SPC did in fact say he also penciled Jeter in for  bounceback season, it's hard to say what's going to happen but i still feel he'll get better,  just like i don't expect Crawford to stay where he is either.. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Jed Lowrie is hitting like me on my X-Box!!!   :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : Mikey, though he didn't use the word "vintage", in a post to me in another Beni thread..go figure.. .. SPC did in fact say he also penciled Jeter in for  bounceback season, it's hard to say what's going to happen but i still feel he'll get better,  just like i don't expect Crawford to stay where he is either.. 
    Posted by jete02fan

I agree with Jeter02... it's hard to say what's going to happen to Jeter... 
    It`s very hard. It`s like a lottery ticket.

I agree with Jeter02... nobody is expecting Crawford to stay where he is.
    not even the Sox enemies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Carl Crawford will get better.  

Dustin Pedroia started off slow in 2008,..........he eventually ended up being the MVP that year.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : I agree with Jeter02... it's hard to say what's going to happen to Jeter...  It`s very hard. It`s like a lottery ticket. I agree with Jeter02 ... nobody is expecting Crawford to stay where he is. not even the Sox enemies.
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817

They need it Beni....The Sox aren't going to cut the mustard with out some offensive help from CC.   Gotta run, heading to the deli to go pick up a lottery ticket.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : They need it Beni....The Sox aren't going to cut the mustard with out some offensive help from CC.   Gotta run, heading to the deli to go pick up a lottery ticket.

Don't get mugged. Don't forget the Daily News.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : Don't get mugged. Don't forget the Daily News.
    Posted by glumandrew

Of course not Andrew....thanks for the reminder.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The first game with the Angels the sox's walk 10 times and only get 4 runs in the game..... What a team!
    Posted by greatestNYY

The Red Sox still won the game.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : I'd love to see the posts of you predicting a vintage Jeter year for 2011 if there are any. I wouldn't give up just yet SPC....don't be too concerned.

I've said many times over the offseason that I expected him to bounce back. 

I'm not so sure.  Factor age, his performance last season and his performance thus far in 2011... I'd be concerned.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : I've said many times over the offseason that I expected him to bounce back.  I'm not so sure.  Factor age, his performance last season and his performance thus far in 2011... I'd be concerned.

SPC--I apologize.  I wasn't on the board much during the offseason so I would not have been here to read that.  Generally I don't often see you give any Yankees a positive nod, so I assumed and we all know what happens when one assumes.  I was in the wrong, I also have seen you be a bit more objective this season which has been nice to see because you do know the game.

As for Jeter, I don't expect him to hit .330 anymore but I also don't expect him to be where he is at the end of the season.  The Yankees have enough offense and he won't make or break the Yankees, there may come a point where he will have to dropped in the order if he does not perform which will be like a damn soap-opera in this town.  I don't look forward to that, the Yanks will get to the playoffs based on the starters and what starter they add by the trading deadline.  If they can get someone really nice behind CC, have AJ do what he can do and get Hughes going  and have Colon do what hes been doing they will be where they need to be with the offense and the bullpen doing their part.  It sounds like a lot but it is for all teams, each team has to find their right mix to get them to the finish line.   Your boys will be there and so will mine.....they're both good teams.  The Sox starters have picked it up lately.
    Again my bad man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : I agree with Jeter02... it's hard to say what's going to happen to Jeter...  It`s early to judge a whole season, It`s like any other player who's scuffling. I agree with Jeter02 ... i don't think a lot of people are expecting Crawford to stay where he is.Posted by smiley-beni-2817
    Fixed...twice....Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : Fixed...twice....
    Posted by jete02fan
    bottom line... we both agree.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : bottom line... we both agree.
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817
    the correction...yes...your thread title....no...

Sections
Shortcuts