A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter:
    In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : SPC--I apologize.  I wasn't on the board much during the offseason so I would not have been here to read that.  Generally I don't often see you give any Yankees a positive nod, so I assumed and we all know what happens when one assumes.  I was in the wrong, I also have seen you be a bit more objective this season which has been nice to see because you do know the game. As for Jeter, I don't expect him to hit .330 anymore but I also don't expect him to be where he is at the end of the season.  The Yankees have enough offense and he won't make or break the Yankees, there may come a point where he will have to dropped in the order if he does not perform which will be like a damn soap-opera in this town.  I don't look forward to that, the Yanks will get to the playoffs based on the starters and what starter they add by the trading deadline.  If they can get someone really nice behind CC, have AJ do what he can do and get Hughes going  and have Colon do what hes been doing they will be where they need to be with the offense and the bullpen doing their part.  It sounds like a lot but it is for all teams, each team has to find their right mix to get them to the finish line.   Your boys will be there and so will mine.....they're both good teams.  The Sox starters have picked it up lately. Again my bad man.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx

I'm always objective and give credit when credit is due.  Besides, why would I lie about thinking Jeter would turn things around this year?  I went as far in the offseason as saying that I thought he'd have a huge bounceback year... especially with the chip he added to his shoulder due to those contract negotiations.  He needs to get going.  I know the rest of that lineup is stacked, but this is Derek Jeter we're talking about.

As for the Yankees.  They will be in the playoffs but they NEED to find a starter.  Absolutely must find a starter.  The team to beat this year so far is the Rangers and they feed off of bad pitching.  They are monsters.  They need a #2 sandwiched inbetween Burnett OR Hughes if he can bounce back.  Their lineup is right up their with the best and their bullpen is very solid.  Their rotation is mediocre.  I do believe they will find a starter by the deadline.  They have built up some talent in the minor leagues and I'm sure they'd be more than willing to trade it... I just don't know if there will be any elite pitchers out there.  They might be looking at guys like John Danks, Jeremy Guthrie etc... and that's if those teams are out of the race.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter

In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter:
    In Response to Re: A New Era- Derek Jeter is Among the Easy out and Jed Lowrie Is Hitting like a Young Jeter : I'm always objective and give credit when credit is due.  Besides, why would I lie about thinking Jeter would turn things around this year?  I went as far in the offseason as saying that I thought he'd have a huge bounceback year... especially with the chip he added to his shoulder due to those contract negotiations.  He needs to get going.  I know the rest of that lineup is stacked, but this is Derek Jeter we're talking about. As for the Yankees.  They will be in the playoffs but they NEED to find a starter.  Absolutely must find a starter.  The team to beat this year so far is the Rangers and they feed off of bad pitching.  They are monsters.  They need a #2 sandwiched inbetween Burnett OR Hughes if he can bounce back.  Their lineup is right up their with the best and their bullpen is very solid.  Their rotation is mediocre.  I do believe they will find a starter by the deadline.  They have built up some talent in the minor leagues and I'm sure they'd be more than willing to trade it... I just don't know if there will be any elite pitchers out there.  They might be looking at guys like John Danks, Jeremy Guthrie etc... and that's if those teams are out of the race.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Good post SPC.....if there is an elite pitcher they will be in the hunt for one because they have the young talent but that of course depends on who is selling and what they are willing to sell.  I agree with you about the Rangers, without Hamiliton they have a potent lineup and when he gets back they are even tougher. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

Mikey, SPC just made a post where he isolated the fact that the Yankee starting pitching comes up short by one or two pitchers if Burnett continues to excel. Several months ago Beni said that they were short three pitchers ( before Burnett reversed his 2010). Is there a vast difference between what SPC and Beni said. Did you disagree with the raw facts in the Jeter ground balls statistics on the other thread? Were the stats wrong?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Mikey, SPC just made a post where he isolated the fact that the Yankee starting pitching comes up short by one or two pitchers if Burnett continues to excel. Several months ago Beni said that they were short three pitchers ( before Burnett reversed his 2010). Is there a vast difference between what SPC and Beni said. Did you disagree with the raw facts in the Jeter ground balls statistics on the other thread? Were the stats wrong?
    Posted by JamaicaPlain67

What Beni posts and what SPC just posted are not exactly the same.  SPC said Jeter needs to get it going, I agree.  Beni posts stats and essentially says Jeter is done, I don't  believe so I also don't think ( and have posted numerous times) that Jeter will be a .330 hitter anymore.  I have also posted numerous times that the Yankees should be in the hunt for a starter by the deadline, SPC called the Yankees starting pitching mediocre and right now I would say they have their issues and rely on the bullpen and the offense to get W's.  Burnett seems to be improving, he is a work in progress.  CC has pitched well despite having bad luck but he is dealing right now.  Hughes needs to get it right, I think anyone can see that but Colon does look really good so far but another arm is what that Yankees should be and I suspect are targeting.  SPC pointed out legit issues Beni said the Yankees staff is a mess and followed it up by saying the Sox have the best SP in all of baseball based on the last 7 games.  What the two of them said was different.

Sections
Shortcuts