A Pitching Fix

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Pitching Fix

Buch seemed to have found a groove, and then BAM! The infield hit by Crisp was a bummer, but that's life. We got the win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

max, you sound like softy with the 'magic fingers' routine.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Good time for a six man rotation for a turn or two. The high pitch counts for Lester and Beckett are a concern (not as much as a concern as the fact they continue to get squezzed), and I really think Buch should get one or two more turns. My major concern is the loss of velocity. If he's not right he needs to be honest and shut it down. If he's holding back, but feeling absolutely fine, he needs to cut loose.
    The Sox need to bring in Magic Johnson as a special coach for Lester and Beckett. Their outright contempt (well deserved) for umpires is making it very tough on them. Lester should be one of the top three pitchers in baseball, and he gets nothing, it's sad to watch. Both those guys need to learn how to buddy up to the umps. Smile while you question a call, pat the ump on the butt, act like a blown pitch is a big joke while at the same time planting a seed. This business of the "Are you blind moron?" stare just isn't working, no matter how easy it is to understand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree; showing up an ump helps nobody but the opps. 

Word spreads among the umps too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

With Lester out there sometimes my mind drifts back to the Celtics and Hugh Evans. As soon as I saw Evans was on the game I knew the game was over. There wasn't even any point in watching.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't put much stock into umps hurting a whole team, but I do think the hold grudges vs individual players who continually "show them up".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Moon brings up some great points in regard to CERA, but mabial still thinks that Salty is his boy, and claims I want to eliminate him.
    Certainly, the team would be better off with an experienced game-caller behind the plate, and someone who can effectively block pitches with runners on.
    Shoppach may or may not be that guy, and lately is horrible on offense.

I think the prudent thing for the Sox to do is hire Varitek as the catching instructor.