A playoff contender,yes, World Series contender-only if-----Suggestions?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: A playoff contender,yes, World Series contender-only if-----Suggestions?

you may have to give up 1 or both of those kids to get Lee....

and to answer your thread title:  only if everyone stays healthy and Lester gets his mojo back on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bogy isnt ready. Just saw him again last night in a DH against Detroits AA team. Hes not going to stay at SS with that footwork. He will get fooled more times than not right now by MLB breaking stuff too. Oh, hes going to be a very good MLB ballplayer one day. Just not this year.

RDLR? I can see him making a spot start this year and maybe the pen later on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

... everyone stays healthy.        

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If you are a playoff team , you ARE a World Series contender. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to DPapiOrtiz's comment:

I believe this Red Sox team has the quality and depth to make it to the 1st round of the playoffs. And after suffering since the September 2011 collapse and last year's disaster and also knowing that the farm system is loaded with talent, many fans would be pleased with this years performance. However, there are some of us who feel that with a few additions via trade and minor league call-ups, we might be talking World Series. Some suggestions:

I'd trade for Cliff Lee

Bring up the following sometime this season:

Rubby De La Rosa-bullpen

Xander Bogaerts

I like your ' go 4 it ' attitude but

do you really want to add a guy w/4.7  BB/9 to your BP

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to DPapiOrtiz's comment:

I believe this Red Sox team has the quality and depth to make it to the 1st round of the playoffs. And after suffering since the September 2011 collapse and last year's disaster and also knowing that the farm system is loaded with talent, many fans would be pleased with this years performance. However, there are some of us who feel that with a few additions via trade and minor league call-ups, we might be talking World Series. Some suggestions:

I'd trade for Cliff Lee 

Many teams would be interested in Cliff, but I don't think it's any slam-dunk that the Phillies will make him available unless they get a serious haul in return.  They are not a financially strapped team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I believe this team is more pretender than contender. Sure, the attitude is better, the pitching is improved....however there are too many questionmarks related to injury. Ellsbury is injury prone, Pedroia is playing through a wrist injury, Napoli has that hip issue. We've already lost Hanrahan. Buchholz is not 100%, Ortiz is getting older. Middlebrooks has already missed time. Who knows if Lester isn't having some issue that is not being reported?

We are talking about some serious everday players, not bench riders. You lose Lester, Buchholz, Ortiz, Napoli , Ellsbury or Pedroia....can you easily replace any one of them?

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy