A positive vibe thread for the next 5!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

A positive vibe thread for the next 5!

I'm calling on my fellow members of the nation of the faithful. Here's hoping for a continuation of good baseball from our boys with the beginning starting tonite up in toronto. sorry but I'm gonna be selfish. I want both games! and
    with all due respect to my friend and fellow baseball fan jetes, I'm hoping we take atleast 2 outta 3 from your bombers. CoolTongue outWink

come on sox!

JUST DO IT!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: A positive vibe thread for the next 5!

All 3 in NY with the 2 in Toronto are my hopes....Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Lind is out of tonights line up with a bad back.

against the yanks :

buch vs colon,
    becks vs CC
    Lester vs garcia.

starting pitching doesn't always equate to a win, but the matchups are in the sox favor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: A positive vibe thread for the next 5!:
    [QUOTE]All 3 in NY with the 2 in Toronto are my hopes....
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

yeah Jimmy me too bro!
    how's things down in your neck of the woods?
    must be nice with lots of sun!

you do know that anything is possible..............quote from KG!
    let's go sox!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ill be even more selfish and hope for a sweep on this short road trip....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Come on Sox! Let's break that .500 barrier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I'm one game at a time here.  C'mon Jon Boy!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I already predicted a Blue Jays beatdown tonite...I think our team matches up very nicely with them and I wouldn't be shocked if we swept...but it's all about the NYY series after

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm with you Spaceman.Hopefully the Sox can win tonight and then we can worry about tomorrow's game tomorrow.
     I think Lester wins tonight with some help from a Gonzalez HR.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Every game in the AL east is important Georom and I too think they will handle the Jays. But I agree, the yankees are a different story..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I don't see a game thread for tonight's game on here, so I just picked this thread at random so I could VENT! How long is Tim Bogar going to foul up plays at third base? Crawford was OBVIOUSLY going to be OUT at home, why did he go/why was he sent? Even I know that if the left fielder has the ball when the runner hasn't reached third you stop him. I'm getting weary of it. Anyone else? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see a game thread for tonight's game on here, so I just picked this thread at random so I could VENT! How long is Tim Bogar going to foul up plays at third base? Crawford was OBVIOUSLY going to be OUT at home, why did he go/why was he sent? Even I know that if the left fielder has the ball when the runner hasn't reached third you stop him. I'm getting weary of it. Anyone else? 
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Max made a point (on the ALTERNATIVE TO THE GAME THREAD) that Bogar got no credit for waving Iggy home yesterday. He's aggressive and that didn't fit into last year very well, but with CRAWBURY, it might be more effective.

I wanted his dismissal last year - around May. I don't get why they retained him, but I do think he should also get some credit when things do work out.

Nice, well-intentioned thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A positive vibe thread for the next 5! : Max made a point (on the ALTERNATIVE TO THE GAME THREAD) that Bogar got no credit for waving Iggy home yesterday. He's aggressive and that didn't fit into last year very well, but with CRAWBURY, it might be more effective. I wanted his dismissal last year - around May. I don't get why they retained him, but I do think he should also get some credit when things do work out. Nice, well-intentioned thread.

Yeah, I agree that he should get credit when things go right, but it seems that things are going wrong more often than they should for a ML base coach. Know what I mean? Base coaches are usually like offensive lineman, if you hear their name a lot, it means things aren't going so well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah, I hear ya.
    That's why Demarco Hale was so effective. He was near invisible.
    There's definitely some repercussions to the departure of Brad Mills/Farrell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

And Bard just gave up the lead on a HR from a rookie...Whats up with all of our pitchers and giving up a scary amount of long balls..its getting a bit much..thats 4 more tonight..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I hear ya. That's why Demarco Hale was so effective. He was near invisible. There's definitely some repercussions to the departure of Brad Mills/Farrell.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I agree harness on mills/farrell..DeMarlo Hale is going to be a solid manager one day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well guys, last nite was a real bummer. actually when you really look at it, the sox didn't lose the game. John Farrell won the game. he knew the relief pitcher wasn't going to pay close attention to the runner on first. he also knew that tek isn't exactly throwing runners out by the dozen lately. so, double steal, sac fly and it's game over. I hope that Tito learned a good lesson from last nite. when you get jacoby and CC on first. don't beat around the bush. let em run.

maybe lackey can get us even tonite. I sincerely hope.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I'll settle for the split with TOR and taking 2 out of 3 from NYY.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrGL27Rings.. Show FrGL27Rings.'s posts

Still searching for .500.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Look.  The time for this team is NOW.  If they don't come back on Monday @ 500 then you can forget it.  Worst-case scenario would be losing the next 4.  I would be afraid that would send them into an unrecoverable tailspin..........It's up to them now...........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'll settle for the split with TOR and taking 2 out of 3 from NYY.

I hear ya summer, however, since I'm still a little agrivated about last nite I'll settle for a split with the J's and a sweep down in da bronx.

just my wishful thinking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

And to reach the desired goal of winning 95 games, presumably enough for the division title or the WC, then (including tonight) the Red Sox need to go 78-48 (.620) the rest of the way.

Eminently do-able.  But they must begin to win consistently and avoid any more long losing streaks. Obviously.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I too would like a sweep of NYY in their playground.  But CC may be too much to avoid.  All of MLB is shifting their rotations so the Red Sox face as many lefties as possible. It doesn't get easier.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

hey andrew did you give up the sox when they were so many games back and at about just .500 in the middle of 2004? how bout when they were down 0 an 3 to the yanks of that same year. Baseball is a long game and a long season, people who are saying relax its just may arnt wrong it really is just may, and crazy things in baseball happen. Watch and enjoy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]hey andrew did you give up the sox when they were so many games back and at about just .500 in the middle of 2004? how bout when they were down 0 an 3 to the yanks of that same year. Baseball is a long game and a long season, people who are saying relax its just may arnt wrong it really is just may, and crazy things in baseball happen. Watch and enjoy
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]
     You know what was even funnier than teh summer swoon of 04?  The would-be fold from 14 1/2 up in the summer of 07.  The Andrewmitch's of the world were jumping ship by the dozen.  The trashing and general lack of good-fan attitude on this board was far worse than anything I have seen these last couple years.  It was hilarious as everyone had to quickly find their way back on the boat as they righted it in September (hey softy, THANK YOU JACOBY "STARDUST" ELLSBURY!!).  What a flock of silly geese.

Sections
Shortcuts