In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew, how's it feel to have your views continously misrepresented?

[/QUOTE]

Helpful.  After seeing someone misinterpret my views, I roll my eyes, close the internet browser, and get back to work.

Probably for the best, haha. 

Merry Christmas Drewski, have some solice in knowing that at least one poster understood what you meant (and actually agrees with you).

[/QUOTE]

Make that 2. I understand the comparison. Id also be very cautious moving forward with naps. Good hitter or not.

[/QUOTE]

gotta be careful with hip injuries. hard to say wether we should back out of the deal or finalize it without knowing the severity of the injury. My gut tells me to walk away and trade salty/lava, BP arms and/or the beloved "farm scraps" for a 1Bman

[/QUOTE]

And Paul Goldschmidt is not available.

[/QUOTE]

:(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Positive View from a Recently Turned Pessimist

Merry Christmas to everyone!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Merry Christmas to everyone!

[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas to you too moon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Merry Christmas!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Christmas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Drew, how's it feel to have your views continously misrepresented?

[/QUOTE]

Helpful.  After seeing someone misinterpret my views, I roll my eyes, close the internet browser, and get back to work.

Probably for the best, haha. 

Merry Christmas Drewski, have some solice in knowing that at least one poster understood what you meant (and actually agrees with you).

[/QUOTE]

Make that 2. I understand the comparison. Id also be very cautious moving forward with naps. Good hitter or not.

[/QUOTE]

gotta be careful with hip injuries. hard to say wether we should back out of the deal or finalize it without knowing the severity of the injury. My gut tells me to walk away and trade salty/lava, BP arms and/or the beloved "farm scraps" for a 1Bman

[/QUOTE]

And Paul Goldschmidt is not available.

[/QUOTE]

:(

[/QUOTE]

If we dont sign naps then getting rid of one of our catchers might not be the best idea.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Merry Christmas everyone and a safe and healthy New Year!

Go Sox!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Merry Christmas everyone and a safe and healthy New Year!

Go Sox!

[/QUOTE]

Ditto

Sox4ever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The biggest number for me is if I care or not. I spent most of my life from early childhood to senior citizen deeply caring for the Boston Red Sox, they were my number one.  Last year drove me away. I quit caring.  This years team got me caring again. 

I am not much of a numbers guy. I just really like to see good baseball. My sense is this years teams will play good baseball.   

[/QUOTE]
    Don't know if "not caring" is the term that I would apply .. more like they took the wind out of the sails.  One huge experiment went south with BV and then along with Big Papi's injury and the blockbuster of the century that cut loose the purse strings ... made the season seem like the land of misfit toys.

But we never stop expecting something, prof.  I know I didn't know what to expect and am somewhat pleased for the steps and attitude taken.  It gives the team some credibilty as we look at the new season(s) both in having accomplished MLB guys and prospects that may just step into their place. 

Moon, however, I find interesting in saying he's a pessmist.  Of all the fellas here, he has consistetnly been among the most realistic in presenting ideas and outcomes.  I'm a cheerleader - and have come to realize that.  I have learned a lot by reading Moon's posts.  He has brought up   ideas I would never have considered.  (Length and weight of contracts as hamstringing an organization, for instance.)  I realize this last season plus the prior 27 games of 2011 have been trying, but at least we can see opportunity ahead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to proftom2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The biggest number for me is if I care or not. I spent most of my life from early childhood to senior citizen deeply caring for the Boston Red Sox, they were my number one.  Last year drove me away. I quit caring.  This years team got me caring again. 

I am not much of a numbers guy. I just really like to see good baseball. My sense is this years teams will play good baseball.   

[/QUOTE]
    Don't know if "not caring" is the term that I would apply .. more like they took the wind out of the sails.  One huge experiment went south with BV and then along with Big Papi's injury and the blockbuster of the century that cut loose the purse strings ... made the season seem like the land of misfit toys.

But we never stop expecting something, prof.  I know I didn't know what to expect and am somewhat pleased for the steps and attitude taken.  It gives the team some credibilty as we look at the new season(s) both in having accomplished MLB guys and prospects that may just step into their place. 

Moon, however, I find interesting in saying he's a pessmist.  Of all the fellas here, he has consistetnly been among the most realistic in presenting ideas and outcomes.  I'm a cheerleader - and have come to realize that.  I have learned a lot by reading Moon's posts.  He has brought up   ideas I would never have considered.  (Length and weight of contracts as hamstringing an organization, for instance.)  I realize this last season plus the prior 27 games of 2011 have been trying, but at least we can see opportunity ahead.

[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of opportunity still available, but I find it hard not to be pessimistic over some of this winter's deals.

I'm trying to find the positive in this all, but am struggling to do so.

I will still be a huge fan this year as always.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Say good bye to Naps, find a quick temp fix, and save the budget for a July pick-up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm having a hard time thinking positively about the Sox 2013 outlook, but I think it is my lack of optimism about 2014 and beyond that troubles me more. 

Somebody help!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm having a hard time thinking positively about the Sox 2013 outlook, but I think it is my lack of optimism about 2014 and beyond that troubles me more. 

Somebody help!

[/QUOTE]

We figure for about 88-92 wins.

A good team with money should figure on adding 1-1.5 prospects to it's regular-15 each year.  We should add at least 6-7 over the next 5 years as regulars.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Kitzingen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The latest figures for the 2013 payroll is at $176 mil. and the limit is $178 mi. There are no more dollars to spend.

[/QUOTE]

Does that count the $3.9M to the Dodgers and the player retirement contribution?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Happy New Year.

:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bumped up for the sake of those who say I am too critical.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll say again, I take your current "pessimism" infinitely more seriously than I do that of the usual b1tching and moaning suspects around here....but I think you are wrong on this.  I'm sure we both hope I'm right!  And I'm sure whichever is wrong will admit it at some point.

Luckily that won't be me.  ;-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Somebody help!

[/QUOTE]

Jackie Bradley Jr., Xander Bogaerts, Rubby DeLaRosa, Matt Barnes, Allen Webster, Bryce Brentz, Travis Shaw and a whole slew of second level prospects. Plus the 7th pick in the draft. Does that help any my friend?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good analysis about the offense Moon, but the problems last year were not due to lack of offense. For most of the year we were near the top in runs scored and OPS. The problems were due to poor pitching, and while I expect a little more from Lester this year, I do not see that the team has significantly improved the starting rotation in 2013 (beyond that there are a few guys in the minors who could possibly contribute if they progress, but we need more depth there). I think this is a year that we will be losing a lot of 10-8 games and the like. Somehow Cherington has to improve our future rotation for us to really get back in competition for a ring.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll say again, I take your current "pessimism" infinitely more seriously than I do that of the usual b1tching and moaning suspects around here....but I think you are wrong on this.  I'm sure we both hope I'm right!  And I'm sure whichever is wrong will admit it at some point.

Luckily that won't be me.  ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Luck may have to play a big part this year.