A Proxy Aplogy from The Board Stooge to AGon

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: A Proxy Aplogy from The Board Stooge to AGon

We accept your apology.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: A Proxy Aplogy from The Board Stooge to AGon:
    A drivel post from the Board moron. You need to look up "proxy".
    Posted by TrotterNixon

I don't know... sounds kinda' dirty. Should I report you for abuse?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I accept your apology as well.

Now, I'm waiting for you to explain again, how Shoppach was our best option at catcher going forward.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

A drivel post from the Board moron. You need to look up "proxy". Posted by TrotterNixon
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Yes, I saw that post and replied. Waiting for you to get back to me Snookums.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's Shoppach, and not, it wasn't a typo.

If you really view AGon as the example of a leader, then there is no hope for you. (see the complaining about a measly day-night doubleheader last year) Showing up is not leading, nor is failing to run out hits like the other guy you call our leader, Papi, does.

As for explaining why Salty was the starter, are you now going to claim I never said we should have traded Salty last winter and started Lava? Man, your lies and insuations never cease. Everybody on this site but you knows I was all over Salty last year, last winter, and well into May of this year.

You conveniently forget that once we signed shoppach, I said it was over for Vtek and the Sox, and that it also meant Salty would start out as a L/R platoon with Shoppach, since a Shoppach/Lava platoon was wrong-handed (both were better vs LHPs, and we would struggle in 65% of our games vs RHPs). I didn't agree with it, but knew the writing was on the wall for Lava. 

Go to the "Bench Salty" thread for an in detail explaination on why Salty remained the starter as the season progressed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

In Response to Re: A Proxy Aplogy from The Board Stooge to AGon : Yes, I saw that post and replied. Waiting for you to get back to me Snookums.
    Posted by antibody

????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: A Proxy Aplogy from The Board Stooge to AGon : ????
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: A Proxy Aplogy from The Board Stooge to AGon : ????
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

By the way, since you are answering for Softy, can I take that as a de facto admission that you are one of his aliases? Or that he is one of yours?
    Or... damn! I can't keep up. Just who is it that you think you are, Sybil?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

A drivel post from the Board moron. You need to look up "proxy". Posted by TrotterNixon
    Posted by TrotterNixon

This was directed at someone before Antibody arrived.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: A Proxy Aplogy from The Board Stooge to AGon : This was directed at someone before Antibody arrived.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

So, are you the same individual who also posts as "Trotter Nixon"? Please answer a direct question directly for once.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

It's Shoppach, and not, it wasn't a typo. If you really view AGon as the example of a leader, then there is no hope for you. (see the complaining about a measly day-night doubleheader last year) Showing up is not leading, nor is failing to run out hits like the other guy you call our leader, Papi, does. As for explaining why Salty was the starter, are you now going to claim I never said we should have traded Salty last winter and started Lava? Man, your lies and insuations never cease. Everybody on this site but you knows I was all over Salty last year, last winter, and well into May of this year. You conveniently forget that once we signed shoppach, I said it was over for Vtek and the Sox, and that it also meant Salty would start out as a L/R platoon with Shoppach, since a Shoppach/Lava platoon was wrong-handed (both were better vs LHPs, and we would struggle in 65% of our games vs RHPs). I didn't agree with it, but knew the writing was on the wall for Lava.  Go to the "Bench Salty" thread for an in detail explaination on why Salty remained the starter as the season progressed.
    Posted by moonslav59

If you don't think averaging 160 games a year is part of leadership, you are wrong--especially when showing up every game gives the team a gifted fielder at 1B and an rbi machine.  If you don't think Youk, Ortiz, and Pedroia's many injuries didn't diminish their ability to lead, you are dead wrong.  Players who don't play are to me all hat and not cattle.

AGon is the only highly paid firstbaseman in MLB--now or in the last 20 years and probably longer--who would have willingly played RF for 16 games to get two other guys into the lineup.  That sets a heckuva example in my book.  Ortiz, meanwhile, plays nothing--except when AGon goe to RF. Pedroia meanwhile plays 2B, 2B, and 2B. Yes, he plays hurt, but more often than not he plays hurt when he should go on the DL , or in 2010 when he practiced too much while on the DL and ended up ruining the season. Youk tried the outfield and couldn't. 

AGon really enjoys playing MLB.  You can see it when he makes the right play or the right toss at 1B--or even when he misses a moving target when he tried to lead Middlebrooks on that play at 3B against I think Youk. You see it when he makes good plays in RF.   You see it by the way he swings the bat, which clearly showed Ortiz he could do the same thing and which clearly made Ortiz a better hitter.  Too bad some of the other Sox hitters haven't copied his technique for hitting to the opposite field. 

Not running out all grounders is hardly a disaster. For one thing, it saves energy. For another it avoids hitting first base the wrong way in a futile effort to beat out a grounder. AGon is slow even when he is going flat out, but he runs smart and thereby avoids injuries. 

AGon is baseball smart, thoughtful, and articulate, which the great majority of MLB players are not.  The only time I remember Youk being thoughtful was when he was dead wrong for denouncing Ellsbury in 2010. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Not running out all grounders is hardly a disaster. For one thing, it saves energy. For another it avoids hitting first base the wrong way in a futile effort to beat out a grounder. AGon is slow even when he is going flat out, but he runs smart and thereby avoids injuries.  

Not running out balls hit was directed at Papi not AGon, and yes it is a sign of lack of leadership and not setting a good example for the kids.

It may not be a "disater", but that wasn't what I was arguing here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Not running out all grounders is hardly a disaster. For one thing, it saves energy. For another it avoids hitting first base the wrong way in a futile effort to beat out a grounder. AGon is slow even when he is going flat out, but he runs smart and thereby avoids injuries.   Not running out balls hit was directed at Papi not AGon, and yes it is a sign of lack of leadership and not setting a good example for the kids. It may not be a "disater", but that wasn't what I was arguing here.
    Posted by moonslav59

I gotta be honest,moonslav.  For you that's a pretty weak response.  You downgrade playing every game and insist that running out grounders is the best test of leadership.  What a crock.  What about playing RF to make room for Ortiz and Youk, both of whom make less money and can't play the outfield?  That doesn't count?  Leading the team in hits and rbi's doesn't count?  

I have a sneaking suspcion this all goes back to the Youk affair in April when Bobby V said he didn't look like the real Youk and Pedroia promptly denounced him for saying so.  That must be your idea of what real leadership is.  I disagree.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Not running out all grounders is hardly a disaster. For one thing, it saves energy. For another it avoids hitting first base the wrong way in a futile effort to beat out a grounder. AGon is slow even when he is going flat out, but he runs smart and thereby avoids injuries.   Not running out balls hit was directed at Papi not AGon, and yes it is a sign of lack of leadership and not setting a good example for the kids. It may not be a "disater", but that wasn't what I was arguing here.
    Posted by moonslav59

Just of curiosity, how many times do guys like Papi miss getting on 1st by jogging, and how many games might he have missed with a slight hamstring injury?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I gotta be honest,moonslav.  For you that's a pretty weak response.  You downgrade playing every game and insist that running out grounders is the best test of leadership. 

I gotta hand it to you, you are assuming positions I do not hold, just like softy, and then arguing basically with yourself. playing every game is a huge asset to a team, but just a minor part of being a leader. Getting hurt has little to do with leadership, but yes, playing through minor injuries is one form of showing and being a leader.

Where did I ever come close to saying "running out grounders is the best test of leadership"? Please! talk about a "weak response". This is totally a "crock".

What a crock.  

Yes, on your behalf. See above.

What about playing RF to make room for Ortiz and Youk, both of whom make less money and can't play the outfield?  That doesn't count?  Leading the team in hits and rbi's doesn't count?  

That all counts big time. leading by example is a big part of being a "leader", but it not the only thing. Maybe I should have been more specific, but I was addressing (with AGon) more of the off-the-field and clubhouse leadership skills or lack of skills.

I have a sneaking suspcion this all goes back to the Youk affair in April when Bobby V said he didn't look like the real Youk and Pedroia promptly denounced him for saying so.  That must be your idea of what real leadership is.  I disagree.    

Wrong. I disagreed with Pedey at the time, and for you to imply that that is my idea of what true leadership is, is a real crock. 

Tell me, is crying over having to play a day/night doubleheader and the schedule in general, when you are making $22M a sign of the type of clubhouse leader you want? These crybabies had to be bribed with headphones and a trip on a yacht to placate their hurt feelings. 

The author of this thread blamed our back-up catcher and 6th starter for the September collapse and their lack of perfoarmance and leadership as the main reasons we lost in 2011. Where's your outrage over that? I never blamed AGon or anyone for the collapse of 2011, and I am not blaming AGon for why we are losing now. I am just saying, I do not view him as a good leader. He's a great player, but not all great players are great leaders.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Just of curiosity, how many times do guys like Papi miss getting on 1st by jogging, and how many games might he have missed with a slight hamstring injury?

Great, so the reason Papi and AGon play 162 games a year is because they don't run fast (AGon) or try hard (Papi).

I guess you think not running out ground balls or show boating HRs is a fine example for our kids or the up and coming prospects in the dugout watching. 

I, for one, do not like it, and think that not running out ground balls is form of leadership. I've seen several other players not run out grounders from time to time as well, and yes, I believe one time last year may have directly led to a Sox loss or chance to turn a loss into a win... and a playoff slot in 2011.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I gotta be honest,moonslav.  For you that's a pretty weak response.  You downgrade playing every game and insist that running out grounders is the best test of leadership.  I gotta hand it to you, you are assuming positions I do not hold, just like softy, and then arguing basically with yourself. playing every game is a huge asset to a team, but just a minor part of being a leader. Getting hurt has little to do with leadership, but yes, playing through minor injuries is one form of showing and being a leader. Where did I ever come close to saying "running out grounders is the best test of leadership"? Please! talk about a "weak response". This is totally a "crock".  What a crock.   Yes, on your behalf. See above. What about playing RF to make room for Ortiz and Youk, both of whom make less money and can't play the outfield?  That doesn't count?  Leading the team in hits and rbi's doesn't count?   That all counts big time. leading by example is a big part of being a "leader", but it not the only thing. Maybe I should have been more specific, but I was addressing (with AGon) more of the off-the-field and clubhouse leadership skills or lack of skills. I have a sneaking suspcion this all goes back to the Youk affair in April when Bobby V said he didn't look like the real Youk and Pedroia promptly denounced him for saying so.  That must be your idea of what real leadership is.  I disagree.     Wrong. I disagreed with Pedey at the time, and for you to imply that that is my idea of what true leadership is, is a real crock.  Tell me, is crying over having to play a day/night doubleheader and the schedule in general, when you are making $22M a sign of the type of clubhouse leader you want? These crybabies had to be bribed with headphones and a trip on a yacht to placate their hurt feelings.  The author of this thread blamed our back-up catcher and 6th starter for the September collapse and their lack of perfoarmance and leadership as the main reasons we lost in 2011. Where's your outrage over that? I never blamed AGon or anyone for the collapse of 2011, and I am not blaming AGon for why we are losing now. I am just saying, I do not view him as a good leader. He's a great player, but not all great players are great leaders.
    Posted by moonslav59

OK, I guess we have to agree to disagree.  Most of your negative comments on AGon and certainly the most important ones, have to do with what he says.  My positive ones have to do mostly with what he does.  You think leadership among players is mostly in what they say, and I think it's what they do.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: A Proxy Aplogy from The Board Stooge to AGon":
    This thread seems to be about arguing for the sake of arguing. Give it a rest, smile, be happy. Life is too short for such BS. Posted by Clamshack1
    Thanks for that advice Kim.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Nice to see at least someone owning up to the fact that 60% of the board was bashing A-Gon before the all star break.

Go Sox, and that means all of them

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As for his captious comment "it's Shoppach", it's "Wastefield".

Again, showing your word means nothing. You preach about morality, yet continually go back on your promises and pledges.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Objectivity is a lost art.  People dislike AGon because of his religious views, even though they will never admit it.  Same thing with Schilling. Curt should be a Sox icon for what he has done for the team. But some will always rip him because they cannot take his political views.  It is not possible for many people to separate their personal opinions from the reality of sports.  Gonzalez should be one of the last ones to blame for this year's futility.

Sections
Shortcuts