A quarter billion in off season signings and still having trouble winning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

A quarter billion in off season signings and still having trouble winning

Yanks continue to falter soon we will be chasing them in the standings at this rate of play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: A quarter billion in off season signings and still having trouble winning

And I'm still delighted that Cano will be playing for Seattle the rest of his career instead of in pinstripes.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to wonder if Cashman and/or Girardi are on the line this year. Steinbrenner cannot be too thrilled. Meanwhile, the Orioles have come through a tough stretch of schedule with flying colors. Right now, they look as good as any team in baseball. Showalter is arguably the best manager in the game. This could be their year.

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have to wonder if Cashman and/or Girardi are on the line this year. Steinbrenner cannot be too thrilled. Meanwhile, the Orioles have come through a tough stretch of schedule with flying colors. Right now, they look as good as any team in baseball. Showalter is arguably the best manager in the game. This could be their year.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Daniel Barbarisi @DanBarbarisi · 6m

At owners meetings, Hal Steinbrenner says Yanks expecting ARod return. "That's what he's planning for, and that's what we're planning for."

Steinbrenner also said he hasnt decided what to do about GM Brian Cashman, whose contract is up after season. "Let me get to october first."

B4 the game I wasn't 1 who thought this was a big game

but the way we lost sure made it a tad bigger

OUCH

O's R looking good & sitting pretty 

good thing we know how all that can change in a week

nevermind 6 weeks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

At owners meetings, Hal Steinbrenner says Yanks expecting ARod return. "That's what he's planning for, and that's what we're planning for."

Steinbrenner also said he hasnt decided what to do about GM Brian Cashman, whose contract is up after season. "Let me get to october first."

OUCH

nevermind 6 weeks

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   I thought the plan was okay. Betances had to get one more out, then Robertson for four outs. Just didn't work out.  The Yankee's problem is not scoring runs.  There is a lot of that going around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Steinbrenner fired a missive.  Just like the good ol days of Georgie boy....

other names i have posted under:  none

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I thought the plan was okay. Betances had to get one more out, then Robertson for four outs. Just didn't work out.  The Yankee's problem is not scoring runs.  There is a lot of that going around.

yeah I have no beef with the plan

but it did sting

I wonder how long Castillo would need to play a mlb game

adrenalin can be a powerful thing

if Bcash isn't bringing in Castillo 4 an offensive spark

then he should bring refsnyder up and we I can  cross my fingers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I am not one to blame a bad year on injuries, but in fairness to the Yankees, their starting pitching has been ravaged this year. I think the only remaining SP right now who began the year in the rotation is Kuroda. No team can win many games in that situation. On the other hand, why be fair to the Yankees? 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not one to blame a bad year on injuries, but in fairness to the Yankees, their starting pitching has been ravaged this year. I think the only remaining SP right now who began the year in the rotation is Kuroda. No team can win many games in that situation. On the other hand, why be fair to the Yankees? 

[/QUOTE]

The Yanks have used 12 SP'ers- 11 with more than 4 starts.

Phelps has more GS'd than Kuroda, but he's on the DL now too.

Reminds me of the 2009 Sox rotation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL mr green

but while it's all connected ironically most blame the offense

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL mr green

[/QUOTE]

Even though your pitching staff is completely different than the one you started with,

going into the season, I felt like your offense was the bigger concern over your pitching.

While I have your attention, here is yet some more evidence about how the Yankees are lucky,

and that they do not possess some special skill, clutch factor, or an ability to win the close games.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-orioles-and-accepting-random-variation/" rel="nofollow">http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-orioles-and-accepting-random-variation/

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/clutch-baseball-teams-arent-clutch-baseball-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/clutch-baseball-teams-arent-clutch-baseball-teams/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL mr green

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Yankee offense has not been scoring a lot of runs this year. But by all rights the SP should be ranked near the bottom in the AL. They are now ranked 7th in ERA. I would say that given the injuries that is the most surprising (and distressing) thing about the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"FOOLS GOLD".......  This is why you can't make bad contracts to STARS in their TWILIGHT !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to az55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yanks continue to falter soon we will be chasing them in the standings at this rate of play.

[/QUOTE]

It's way better to try to succeed and falter then throw  crap on the field and hope the suckers fall for it.Try to succeed was not on the to do list !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

OUCH

nevermind 6 weeks

[/QUOTE]

Dude...are you an 11 year old girl?

write words son. It's a big world out there, you wouldn't want people to think you were dumb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

For some perspectve, so far this season the New York Yankees have paid $33.2 million per win, the Red Sox $30.1 million per win, the Los Angeles Dodgers $34.1 million per win, the Oakland Athletics $11.4 million per win, the Baltimore Orioles $15.6 million per win, the Los Angeles Angels $22.2 million per win, the Seattle Mariners $14.2 million per win and the Kansas City Royals $14.2 million per win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For some perspectve, so far this season the New York Yankees have paid $33.2 million per win, the Red Sox $30.1 million per win, the Oakland Athletics $11.4 million per win, the Baltimore Oriole $15.6 million per win, the Lo

[/QUOTE]

You OK hill?  Your posts are usually a little more polished than that one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

For some perspectve, so far this season the New York Yankees have paid $33.2 million per win, the Red Sox $30.1 million per win, the Oakland Athletics $11.4 million per win, the Baltimore Oriole $15.6 million per win, the Lo

I somehow posted inadverently.

I've edited the post ... thanks for the concern.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I somehow posted inadverently.

I've edited the post ... thanks for the concern.

Just giving you a hard time man...sorry.

I don't know how meaningful the '$ per win' figure really is.  The Yankees and Red Sox always spend a huge amount per win.  But it has paid off not just with regular season wins, but with titles, with huge revenues, and perhaps most importantly, with enormous growth in the values of their franchises. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Maybe this will finally get through to posters who have constantly complained this year about the Red Sox being cheap and about payroll.

Spending a lot of money on payroll guarantees NOTHING.

Focus on whether or not the Sox get good players, whether they're all young, veterans or a mix. Getting good players is what's important. PAYROLL IS MEANINGLESS in terms on whether you have a good team.

The only importance of payroll is having flexibility to spend a bit more to get a player you really want and not being handcuffed to make the right moves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

Y R U trying 2 pick me up

write words son.

I'm thinking 2 words

It's a big world out there, you wouldn't want people to think you were dumb.

thanks but I think it's a tad 2 late

Hfxsoxnut pretty much cleared that up on the 'Lackey trade' thread yesterday ;-)

BTW do U still think 2011 wasn't a fail

LMAO

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

greetings ms kimmi

While I have your attention, here is yet some more evidence about how the Yankees are lucky,

and that they do not possess some special skill, clutch factor, or an ability to win the close games.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-orioles-and-accepting-random-variation/" rel="nofollow">http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-orioles-and-accepting-random-variation/" rel="nofollow">http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-orioles-and-accepting-random-variation/

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/clutch-baseball-teams-arent-clutch-baseball-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/clutch-baseball-teams-arent-clutch-baseball-teams/" rel="nofollow">http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/clutch-baseball-teams-arent-clutch-baseball-teams/

Thank gawd links don't work on this site ;-)

just kidding thanks 4 the links

I'm going 2 save  them

4 the next time I can't fall a sleep

BTW it's not '' some special skill''

it's the pinstripes

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

Y R U trying 2 pick me up

write words son.

I'm thinking 2 words

It's a big world out there, you wouldn't want people to think you were dumb.

thanks but I think it's a tad 2 late

Hfxsoxnut pretty much cleared that up on the 'Lackey trade' thread yesterday ;-)

BTW do U still think 2011 wasn't a fail

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

look man...we aren't even talking baseball. It would be impossible for me to talk baseball with someone that writes like she is wearing a skirt and lugging around a Hello Kitty Lunchbox.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

look man...we aren't even talking baseball. It would be impossible for me to talk baseball with someone that writes like she is wearing a skirt and lugging around a Hello Kitty Lunchbox.

wow thanks

I forgot all about her, redsoxcat,

good poster/ net friend, I miss her

Y couldn't U talk BB w/her

did her hot skirt make U uncomfortable

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

wow thanks

I forgot all about her, redsoxcat,

good poster/ net friend, I miss her

Y couldn't U talk BB w/her

did her hot skirt make U uncomfortable

[/QUOTE]

Insulting me in baby talk doesn't have much of an effect.

Listen I know you like coming on here and pretending to be a man every day before your daddy comes home from work but you aren't fooling anyone.