A Question for BDC Yankee Fans to debate

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: A Question for BDC Yankee Fans to debate

Not a yankee fan but they will need a SS for next season and beyond. Drew has the perfect swing for the Stadium; just look at the two shots he hit Sat. at Fenway--both would have been HR's in NY.

Great fielder--they are still in the race, he seems like a good teammate but they may just want to see him up close and personal.

Headley was a great pickup--if he hadn't been at third yesterday it may have had a different outcome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

The Yankees are gonna love Drew. He will be their SS starting next year. Great deal for the Yankees.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't understand why a Yankee fan would come to a rival teams forum and post.... I bet there are not any Red Sox fans on Yankee forums.  

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Rig, I'm not a Yankee fan. Hell, I'm barely a SOX fan anymore. I'm just here for the comedy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Yankees are gonna love Drew. He will be their SS starting next year. Great deal for the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Yankees see Drew as a veteran presence who could step in and give them lineup stability, great defense, and ironically, offense. Shouldn't forget that Drew has put up superb offensive #s  in the past and maybe a new situation gets him untracked. Not much different than Headley , a Gold Glover. who provided a big bat in 2012 and is obviously a player. 

Don't see NY going with Drew at short next year but second yes. I think they've got their eyes on Tulo just as he does on NY. The SS position will require a big presence and Tulo is it. They'll break the bank for him . Drew then could be a great second baseman --if he's willing---and a lefty bat. 

Yanks are very high on Refsnyder who plays 2B but he could also slot into RF. 

Headley, Drew, and McCarthy were great acquistikns that basically cost the Yankees nothing and should pay great dividends. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was doing my best kimsaysthis impression

[/QUOTE]

One way to do a Kimsaysthis impression is to walk while dragging your knuckles on the ground.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was only funny when she hit you with the blow up doll comment.  

So are you leaving the forum, or just no longer a Sox fan?  Plenty of room down in Tampa for you.  Seats are cheap.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's not really $5M.  They threw in Johnson, who is basically a salary dump for $1M and some salary relief. And I think it isn't quite $2.5M/month.  I think it is $14.1M/6, which is more like $2.35/month, plus some salary relief.  I'd guess the net cost is more like $2.7M all-in, though one could argue it $2.7M for an upgrade from Johnson to Drew.

So for $2.7M, you have someone that had a 3+ WAR last year, and was an integral part of us coming in 1st.  He has a .726 over the past 26 starts, and an .852 over his past 15 games.

IMO, he is a steal at $2.7M.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to mfymfy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the Yankees see Drew as a veteran presence who could step in and give them lineup stability, great defense, and ironically, offense. Shouldn't forget that Drew has put up superb offensive #s  in the past and maybe a new situation gets him untracked. Not much different than Headley , a Gold Glover. who provided a big bat in 2012 and is obviously a player. 

Don't see NY going with Drew at short next year but second yes. I think they've got their eyes on Tulo just as he does on NY. The SS position will require a big presence and Tulo is it. They'll break the bank for him . Drew then could be a great second baseman --if he's willing---and a lefty bat. 

Yanks are very high on Refsnyder who plays 2B but he could also slot into RF. 

Headley, Drew, and McCarthy were great acquistikns that basically cost the Yankees nothing and should pay great dividends. 

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees extended themselves last winter with a few major contracts,not to mention the ones they were already committed to.  Don't know what the Arod costs are going forward but I really don't see them spending large this offseason. George's boys haven't got their money's worth lately so they may be a bit timid going forward.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's not really $5M.  They threw in Johnson, who is basically a salary dump for $1M and some salary relief. And I think it isn't quite $2.5M/month.  I think it is $14.1M/6, which is more like $2.35/month, plus some salary relief.  I'd guess the net cost is more like $2.7M all-in, though one could argue it $2.7M for an upgrade from Johnson to Drew.

So for $2.7M, you have someone that had a 3+ WAR last year, and was an integral part of us coming in 1st.  He has a .726 over the past 26 starts, and an .852 over his past 15 games.

IMO, he is a steal at $2.7M.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Joe for the fine tuning of the figures. I'm still hoping for some Yankee fans to commit to an opinion about signing a .176 batter at this time. Do they have faith that Cashman made an intelligent move or was there another move that was more logical to fill the void at second base.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I didn't answer that part of your question. I have no problem with Cash signing a .176 hitter who has Drew's portfolio. His whole package as a player is attractive and the Yanks have a solid track record in getting high value from trhis type of acquisition. Drew is starting to swing the bat well and should be no exception. Frankly,  they also didn't get him to carry the offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

At the trading deadline the Yankees signed Stephen Drew who was hitting .176 at the time. He will cost you $2.5 mil. per month which is $5 mil. for the remainder of the season. In your response detail the reasons why you think that GM Cashman made this move and if you agree with it or not. Are the reasons similar to why Boston signed Drew back in May of this year? Respond to this question now and don't wait until October and use 20-20 hindsight.

[/QUOTE]

The pickups of Prado and Drew should have happened in April. Johnson and Roberts have been terrible moving them was a no-brainer.

I see Prado and Refsnyder sharing duties at 2nd out of camp next season, I'm not sure about Drew and what the plans are for Jeter's replacement in 2015. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

At the trading deadline the Yankees signed Stephen Drew who was hitting .176 at the time. He will cost you $2.5 mil. per month which is $5 mil. for the remainder of the season. In your response detail the reasons why you think that GM Cashman made this move and if you agree with it or not. Are the reasons similar to why Boston signed Drew back in May of this year? Respond to this question now and don't wait until October and use 20-20 hindsight.

[/QUOTE]

The pickups of Prado and Drew should have happened in April. Johnson and Roberts have been terrible moving them was a no-brainer.

I see Prado and Refsnyder sharing duties at 2nd out of camp next season, I'm not sure about Drew and what the plans are for Jeter's replacement in 2015. 

[/QUOTE]

I blanked on the Prado acquisition. Four quality players in Prado, Headley, Drew, and McCarthy for spare parts. Nice job by Cashman. You're right. Prado puts Drew on the bubble. In answer to the OP, Drew is a low cost, potential high return guy. Funny how perspectives are different about costs--picking up Drew was easy for the Yanks, but his cost has  been a topic of sore conversation since he got here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Drew is a good, solid player who will be an upgrade over Roberts.  He will provide a veteran presence, good defense, and despite his current .176 BA, solid offense.

I don't know what the Yankees plans are for next year at SS or 2B, but this also gives them a leg up on signing Drew if they choose to do so.

I thought the Yankees should have signed Drew during the last offseason.  Then again, I thought the Sox should have re-signed Drew then as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a yankee fan but they will need a SS for next season and beyond. Drew has the perfect swing for the Stadium; just look at the two shots he hit Sat. at Fenway--both would have been HR's in NY.

Great fielder--they are still in the race, he seems like a good teammate but they may just want to see him up close and personal.

Headley was a great pickup--if he hadn't been at third yesterday it may have had a different outcome.

[/QUOTE]

Drew was just getting his timing back when he was traded. Apparently his spring training was during the season instead of before it.

[/QUOTE]

You think?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Seeing as how this is a Yankee thread, how many of you would like to see the Yankees win the WS this year for JETER?

Also, how many here believe that baseball won't be able to survive once JETER retires?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

One last question; how many here actually believe there's still a rivalry between the SOX and the Yankees?