A question on "median average"...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: A question on "median average"...

In Response to Re: A question on "median average"...:
    [QUOTE]jimedfred, I stand corrected.  Bush would have awarded Greenspan with the Medal of Freedom precisely because he is a neo-liberal, as you claim, meaning Greenspan is for less government intervention and oversight and more free market growth.  Which is precisely why Greenspan is a tea party favorite, and is reviled by so many liberal Democrats.  Which was my original point, after you brought his name up and tried to label him a favorite of liberal Democrats, including Jimmy Carter.  Do you not see the contradiction of your own argument?  Greenspan, if he is the neo-liberal economist you claim, would by definition be anti-Keynesian (the economist whose ideas had much influence on Roosevelt's New Deal-- that Republicans have been so vehemently trying to discredit and dismantle since the 1960s).  Therefore, by definition, Greenspan cannot be a liberal in the sense you imply when you insist that Andrea Mitchell would not touch him otherwise.  Do you really know Andrea Mitchell that well, or are you just blustering more right-wing talking points by insisting that all mainstream media types are liberals, and only the Rupert Murdoch shills at Fox News present the news in an unbiased manner? I would counter all the other lies, mis-statements, obfuscations and lack of understanding exhibited in your last two attacks on my intelligence and credibility, but that would render this way too long.  Suffice it to say, you look ridiculous pretending to know anything about Andrea Mitchell's political and personal feelings, or anything about my background and need for studying history, economics or terminology.  But thanks for giving me a chance to hone my skills for fighting the warped version of reality that is the tenet of the tea party.  Might I recommend some instuctive reading to you?  "Pity the Billionaire," by Thomas Frank, former columnist for the Wall Street journal.  He does a very good job of exposing the utter absurdity and pernicious contradictions behind tea party politics.
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]
    Might I suggest some reading appropriate for your level of economic understanding ?  " One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish " by Theodore Geisel , a.k.a. Dr. Seuss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A question on "median average"... :  Lester was putting up those donuts last night!
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

ANd I'm back at it tonight!!  Hopefully that means more good for us all!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]Youk :  Was wondering if anyone would recognize " Arizona - Oklahoma-does it matter " reference !
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

I've been playing the Three Dog Night version in the car lately...That song has everything I like, and the way I like it! Youtube has an Elvis Vegas version, not as
    good IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A question on "median average"... : You're kidding me right? What kind of degree in physics were you awarded and from where? Beyond mathematics, physics is probably the longest running science discipline associated with the development of statistics. I don't think you can even do experimental physics without statistics. Physics + Mathematics + Statistics are hand-in-glove: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_Physics It's hard to imagine statistics more elementary than the median and mode as descriptors of an average. I used basic statistics extensively in the analysis of survey research data in the "soft sciences", so I am absolutely not a math and science geek. Thanks to the others in this thread that were quick to correct this gaff.
    Posted by lasitter[/QUOTE]Actually I'm quite good at Vector Calculus, ODEs, PDEs, Complex Analysis and Transformational Mathematics (LaPlace and Fourier). But thank you for your critique of my math skills.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A question on "median average"... :  I've been playing the Three Dog Night version in the car lately...That song has everything I like, and the way I like it! Youtube has an Elvis Vegas version, not as good IMO.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]
    Three Dog Night fans......we're showing our age !  Like just about all their stuff, particularly Live-Around the World album.

Carnie : " I'm very good at integral and differential calculus......in short in matters animal and vegetable and mineral, I am the very model of a modern Major-General ! "

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A question on "median average"... : Three Dog Night fans......we're showing our age !  Like just about all their stuff, particularly Live-Around the World album. Carnie : " I'm very good at integral and differential calculus......in short in matters animal and vegetable and mineral, I am the very model of a modern Major-General ! "
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]Mama told me not to come was one of the great rock 'n roll songs of all time IMNSHO. And a Gilbert and Sullivan quote? You da man. Tell us what you think about the prospects on the minor league thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"It Ain't Easy" by 3 Dog Night was my second album I ever owned.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]"It Ain't Easy" by 3 Dog Night was my second album I ever owned.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]One was a great tune too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A question on "median average"... : Mama told me not to come was one of the great rock 'n roll songs of all time IMNSHO. And a Gilbert and Sullivan quote? You da man. Tell us what you think about the prospects on the minor league thread.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Mama told me....one more example of the songwriting brilliance of Randy Newman.

And I am SO IN FAVOR of your minor leaguer thread !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A question on "median average"... : Mama told me....one more example of the songwriting brilliance of Randy Newman. And I am SO IN FAVOR of your minor leaguer thread !
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]Randy Newman wrote that song?  Of Course One was a Harry Nilsson song. It makes it easier to churn out hits when you have LA's best at your beck and call huh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My personal fave was "Easy to be Hard" followed closely by "Shambala".

Sections
Shortcuts