but will probably trade him.

Would you offer 4 top tier prospects

And say Dubront.

Would  Iggy, Ranaudo, De La Rosa, and

Jacobs get it done?

Just thinking ahead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: A Question On Stanton

depends entirely on what he does between now and then and also what our prospects do between now and then..

If Doobie takes a step forward this season, Iggy shows he can hit and the others excell it is certainly a starting point..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Miami should aim higher.  As much as fans dispareged Cherington after Toronto acquired Johnson, etc., Miami actual got back quite a bit of talent.  Nicolino and Marisnick were both BA Top 100 prospects, and Alvarez was a 22yo major leaguer with 5 years of control left.   In an attempt to get an even better player and no excess contract baggage, you are proposing a package with zero top 100 prospects, and zero major leaguers. Even if we consider  Iglesias de la Rosa as the equivalents to Alvarez and Hechevarria, Ranaudo and Jacbs hjave a long, long way to go before anyone compares them to Marisnick and Nicolino.  And that is just to EQUAL the other package.

If I were GM of the Marlins, I would pass and wait for better names, whether they are from Boston or not.  Sorry...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

They'd probably ask for Bogaerts and Bradley plus, if the sox offer less than that someone will outbid them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I'm no G.M. ,,,,BUT  depending upon Miami's needs / vacancies etc. in farm system I believe the following MIGHT get it done :

One or two major leaguers : say, Feliix Doubront OR Jon Lester PLUS  perhaps Miiddlebrooks or Saltalamacchia ; and maybe a TOP prospect like Barnes , Webster, or De LaRosa plus a couple of B or C prospects : Brentz, Iglesias, Jacobs and lhp Owens.

IMO any combo of all the above which lets us KEEP Bradley, Bogaerts OR Middlebrooks, Webster OR preferably Rubby , and either Lester or Doubront is okay.

Am I crazy ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No, and not too close either on the first package.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Semi, thinking you can get a superstar like Stanton without giving up a couple strong prospects who are very likely all stars is unrealistic.  If you don't give up Boegarts, hen I don know who gets it done.  Maybe doubront, Brentz, Barnes, JBJ, and Owens 

But I think us as fans always want to envision ourselves as getting the best of the deal and keep our top prospects.  But if you want guaranteed top tier MLB talent in exchange for question marked talent, then you have to give up a boatload. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Marlins don't want to pay Lester. Salty will be a free agent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

I'm no G.M. ,,,,BUT  depending upon Miami's needs / vacancies etc. in farm system I believe the following MIGHT get it done :

One or two major leaguers : say, Feliix Doubront OR Jon Lester PLUS  perhaps Miiddlebrooks or Saltalamacchia ; and maybe a TOP prospect like Barnes , Webster, or De LaRosa plus a couple of B or C prospects : Brentz, Iglesias, Jacobs and lhp Owens.

IMO any combo of all the above which lets us KEEP Bradley, Bogaerts OR Middlebrooks, Webster OR preferably Rubby , and either Lester or Doubront is okay.

Am I crazy ?

Let's just say hopeful. :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

they are not looking for MLB talent who is highly paid and only under control for a few more years... the Marlins are looking for prospects and/or young MLB players who are cost controlled for 4+ years. So anyone who is over age 27 and has 3 or less years of TC shouldn't be in the trade talks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Good point, karp. Would have to send cash with Lester, and maybe one of the catcher prospects Butler, Swihart or Vazquez if catcher a Miami area of need.

One problem is excepting Pedroia what ML-level Sox position players would ANYONE want right now ?

So Lester plus $ 15 million OR Doubront ; Middlebrooks, Barnes, Iglesias or Marrero, Brentz, Jacobs or Hazelbaker, , plus maybe Ranaudo AND Henry Owens ?????

If that's not sufficient, and it may not be, then wait for F.A. or look elsewhere. And with Papi out indefinitely we really need some power in the offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Good point, karp. Would have to send cash with Lester, and maybe one of the catcher prospects Butler, Swihart or Vazquez if catcher a Miami area of need.

One problem is excepting Pedroia what ML-level Sox position players would ANYONE want right now ?

So Lester plus $ 15 million OR Doubront ; Middlebrooks, Barnes, Iglesias or Marrero, Brentz, Jacobs or Hazelbaker, , plus maybe Ranaudo AND Henry Owens ?????

If that's not sufficient, and it may not be, then wait for F.A. or look elsewhere. And with Papi out indefinitely we really need some power in the offense.

Did you just make a 8 player plus cash for Stanton offer? Kind of funny.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to looneyman's comment:

We know he is unhappy in Miami.

We also know that in a year or two

Miami will have to pay Stanton 

And say Dubront.

Jacobs get it done?

Just thinking ahead.

Anything less than Boegarts, Bradley and Webster/De La Rosa as a foundation to the trade doesn't even get the conversation started.  He is going to command at least the top 3 prospects in an organization with a good farm system.  There isn't a team in baseball who wouldn't love to have this guy.  Forget Lester, Salty, etc...It's going to take young, cost controlled high end talent to land him in any deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

And say Dubront.

Jacobs get it done?

Just thinking ahead.

Anything less than Boegarts, Bradley and Webster/De La Rosa as a foundation to the trade doesn't even get the conversation started.  He is going to command at least the top 3 prospects in an organization with a good farm system.  There isn't a team in baseball who wouldn't love to have this guy.  Forget Lester, Salty, etc...It's going to take young, cost controlled high end talent to land him in any deal.

that's for damn sure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

Yeah,  guess I did, LOL.

But only Barnes and perhaps Owens really represent top end prospects, thus obviating WMB and choice of Doubront OR Lester. And at this point I'd prefer keeping Felix and sending Lester + cash + "filler " B & C prospects.

If cost of Stanton includes JBJr and Bogaerts I say no. I may ( ??) be crazy, BUT two -three years from now foresee Rubby DLR = mini-Pedro M;  A. Webster = D-Lowe plus 8 m.p.h.; Bradley = Kenny Lofton w' fewer sb's, and Xander = Nomar 2.0.

When all said & done, that Punto trade may make Varitek & Lowe / Heath Slocumb look even.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Yeah,  guess I did, LOL.

But only Barnes and perhaps Owens really represent top end prospects, thus obviating WMB and choice of Doubront OR Lester. And at this point I'd prefer keeping Felix and sending Lester + cash + "filler " B & C prospects.

If cost of Stanton includes JBJr and Bogaerts I say no. I may ( ??) be crazy, BUT two -three years from now foresee Rubby DLR = mini-Pedro M;  A. Webster = D-Lowe plus 8 m.p.h.; Bradley = Kenny Lofton w' fewer sb's, and Xander = Nomar 2.0.

When all said & done, that Punto trade may make Varitek & Lowe / Heath Slocumb look even.

Not saying its way too much in value. Although I think removing the Lester-Doubront part would still make it about even in value and I would probably do it, so slightly too much IMO. My point was just that I can't think of a 7-1 commodity trade in the history of baseball, so a 9-1 might not be worth mentioning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Yeah,  guess I did, LOL.

the marlins aren't interested in Lester.. even if we cover his entire contract. he has 1 year left (and 1 option year). they probably won't be serious contenders in that time and they know it.

they are looking for cost controlled players with lots of TC left. Lester is neither, if we foot the bill that still on;y takes care of half the issue.. If they really want lester they will wait until he is a FA and try to get him then..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's hold on here. Stanton is latest superstar " du jour "  that we absolutely have to have ?  Do we really want to give up several top young players to acquire him ?  Let's learn from history.  Don't go overboard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re-sign Nick Punto, then send him to Miami for Stanton, and make sure Miami agrees to pick up all of Stanton's contract. They'll go for it. Trust me. I've perfected Inception technology, and also have all the rescources of Wayne Enterprises behind me. This is going to happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Re-sign Nick Punto, then send him to Miami for Stanton, and make sure Miami agrees to pick up all of Stanton's contract. They'll go for it. Trust me. I've perfected Inception technology, and also have all the rescources of Wayne Enterprises behind me. This is going to happen.

Do you have any stock market tips for me ?  I want to make a large profit with little or no risk . 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

And say Dubront.

Jacobs get it done?

Just thinking ahead.

If it was Boegarts , Ranaudo, De La Rosa , Jacobs , and either Dubront or Buch 

than yes. Who really knowshose good these prospects will be. Stanton is proven.

Trade a lot them sign him 10/250.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Who is next? I wanna get a jump on the next big shiny toy that we just HAVE to have. At all costs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Who is next? I wanna get a jump on the next big shiny toy that we just HAVE to have. At all costs

Paul Goldschmidt

moon's been high on Brett Anderson for awhile...

bryce harper?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Do you have any stock market tips for me ?  I want to make a large profit with little or no risk . 

Sorry. Ive determined to use my powers only for the good of humanity, or to help my favorite sports teams. Besides, owning Wayne Enterprises keeps a chicken or two in my cooker. Although I will say that there might be a Tumbler out there with a Flux Capacitor in it, I mean, Im not saying there IS for sure, just that there might be. 2004 ALCS was no accident, but Ive already said too much.....

Sections
Shortcuts