A quote that defines so much of the difference between last season and this ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

A quote that defines so much of the difference between last season and this ....

“If Andrew continues to emerge, puts together and strings outings together like he is and Koji continues to have clean ninth innings, I don't necessarily want to just change for the sake of change, either," Farrell said.

As I was reading the article about last night's win over the A's .... this quote after comments on how well Bailey has done recently and of course Uehera continuing his excellence.

Notice the personal connection as Farrell speaks.  He is straightforward and yet not biting in criticism and putting down the player(s).  The issue is obvious, Bailey ran his ship onto the shoals.  Did Farrell suggest it was something against him?  Did he suggest that Bailey s(h)ucked?  Did he separate himself from the fella that had had a rough run?  Nope.  Just a cool consideration of possible success ... no one was demonized or made to feel less than human.  Was there a problem?  Yes.  To me, it is obvious that the issue was addressed man to man, coach to player (coach coaching, not threatening).  They worked on getting over the issue, which was baseball, not personality.

Bobby V never seemed to be a man aming men, a clear head that saw a problem and worked with a guy to overcome the issue 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A quote that defines so much of the difference between last season and this ....

Good points.

Farrell seems to know how to put things in a non-confrontational manner.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: A quote that defines so much of the difference between last season and this ....

Thank you Toronto for letting Farrell pursue his "Dream Job"!!!   Laughing

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He just addressed the subject like 98% of the people in the world would discuss it.  So even the players understand it.  My guess is that Bailey probably understands exactly where he stands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

bailey had his chance - JF doesnt have to explain anything to him....its up to Bailey to work hard to get it back...thats fair....

As always - 100% correct!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

bailey had his chance - JF doesnt have to explain anything to him....its up to Bailey to work hard to get it back...thats fair....

As always - 100% correct!

Yup, I think Bailey gets it, and I think he knows the job will eventually be his, as long as he continues to pitch well.  I mostly pleased that we didn't need a drama king moment in front of a press conference to discuss it, followed by 'what'd I say?'.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts