A real bad win for Softy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

A real bad win for Softy

Ellsbury 2/5 with the game winner.

Drew  3/4 with 3 runs scored including the game winner.

This series must have been tough with today's game couple with the performance of Carp in the previous two. Remember it was noted that the Sox would "struggle at Fenway".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Re: A real bad win for Softy

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Ellsbury 2/5 with the game winner.

Drew  3/4 with 3 runs scored including the game winner.

This series must have been tough with today's game couple with the performance of Carp in the previous two. Remember it was noted that the Sox would "struggle at Fenway".

No, no, no, no, no... The "inflection point' was Iglesias' walk in the ninth.

Any and all idiots could see that! 

-Daf. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Drews 9.5M this year shouldnt be the focal point like it is with some. If you think its an overpay, then fine, but mentioning it in every post as if its hindering this team from making any moves is useless.

in 2012 we had that issue, this year we do not and Drew has been a solid addition to this team. Since coming back and getting some AB's hes done good. since 4/22 hes had a 760 OPS, right about where I said he would finish the year. His numbers are low due to the tough start.

He has pretty even splits vs LH and RH starters throughout his career .779 vs LH and 751 vs RH starters.

I stand by my words. He was the right choice for this year. Hopefully its Iggys time in 2014.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

good enough to be 31-20 and 1st place in the AL east.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Yeah, how long must we suffer hearing the same stuff over, over, over, over, and over again.

Unfortunately for you, we get the picture.  We all know how you feel....what should have been, what isn't working, why did they do this etc., etc., etc.

For me, Southpaw, and other FANS I'm sure, we're very happy the way things ae going.

Are you ever satisfied if not complaining?  Kind of reminds me of my ex-wife....a glutton for misery.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ellsbury BA  .249 OBP .319  SLG .348

S. Drew BA .222. OBP .317 SLG .389

2013, S. Drew v LP:

BA .175 OBP .261 SLG .350 OPS .611

Carp 1B/LF  Career .BA .259  OBP .329 .SLG  435

Red Sox are worse at home than on the road.

This payroll and this roster has a lot of work to do in the next 111 games.

Continue to be impressed with what Manager John's done with this roster.

S. Drew should be the UIF bench guy/pinch hitter

Ellsbury and Bradley and Shane makes zero sense

Gomes and Carp isn't going to get it done

Middlebrooks must come back healthy enough to slug at high season long production level

Lets ignore you laughable comments about Drew being a bench player because we have been through this and you won't think logical on this one.

What happened to Nava? Carp has been a perfect bench player. What more could Carp have done this year? And your right Bradley isn't going to be a big leaguer this year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Uh, they are a pretty good road team ...

Why should that be a negative?

If they play well on the road and almost as well at home, it must mean something ....

maybe like .... being tied for the the ALE lead ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

Great to see the boys pull a win out of the fire no matter how they get it done.There is no doubt there are some holes to fill and as the season progresses they will be looked at but at this point we're right were we need to be....First Place!!!...NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!...GO SOX!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

As you can see Softy is just thrilled with today's exciting win.  Baseball really brings out the joyful little kid in him doesn't it?  It's a heart-warming thing to see. Laughing 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

softy cant even name 5 players he likes on this team....he did say he liked wmb and therefor has a million reasons why he has stunk this year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ellsbury BA  .249 OBP .319  SLG .348

S. Drew BA .222. OBP .317 SLG .389

2013, S. Drew v LP:

BA .175 OBP .261 SLG .350 OPS .611

Carp 1B/LF  Career .BA .259  OBP .329 .SLG  435

This payroll and this roster has a lot of work to do in the next 111 games.

Continue to be impressed with what Manager John's done with this roster.

S. Drew should be the UIF bench guy/pinch hitter

Ellsbury and Bradley and Shane makes zero sense

Gomes and Carp isn't going to get it done

Middlebrooks must come back healthy enough to slug at high season long production level

None of which speaks to the embarrassment this win has caused.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

good enough to be 31-20S

Which gets nothing. No one will remember withoug looking it up, in a matter of weeks.

So would you rather be 20-31?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Some people actually try to enjoy the season as it goes along.  If you can't enjoy winning a game like today that's kind of sad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Some people actually try to enjoy the season as it goes along.  If you can't enjoy winning a game like today that's kind of sad."

Yup - softy is actually expressing a metaphor for living with the reality of death, the inevitability that everything is finite. Yes, things come crashing down. You can choose the joy of the moment, or you can choose misery and the small pitiful comfort that you were right that things would end and therefore you should have risked nothing emotionally. 

Softy is the only fan I've ever known who refuses to invest emotionally in his team. There's always a reason why he won't - the manager, the GM, the pitching, the payroll, or a few players he can't stand. He's emotionally protecting himself which is the opposite of what a fan is. It's a sad psychological prison for him but fortunately the rest of us don't have to live there, and we can enjoy...

THE WIN!!!!!! Jacoby!!!!!

Without worrying about the implications. Go Sox!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Some people actually try to enjoy the season as it goes along.  If you can't enjoy winning a game like today that's kind of sad."

Yup - softy is actually expressing a metaphor for living with the reality of death, the inevitability that everything is finite. Yes, things come crashing down. You can choose the joy of the moment, or you can choose misery and the small pitiful comfort that you were right that things would end and therefore you should have risked nothing emotionally. 

Softy is the only fan I've ever known who refuses to invest emotionally in his team. There's always a reason why he won't - the manager, the GM, the pitching, the payroll, or a few players he can't stand. He's emotionally protecting himself which is the opposite of what a fan is. It's a sad psychological prison for him but fortunately the rest of us don't have to live there, and we can enjoy...

THE WIN!!!!!! Jacoby!!!!!

Without worrying about the implications. Go Sox!!!

I'm impressed with your analysis.....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Since you're hung up on trying to impress with meaningless composition, I have something for you to look up.....perseveration.....neologism....

On second thought, I'll help you:

1. perseveration.....getting stuck on one idea or one thing and cannot move from it

2. neologism..........words that are made up or a condensation of several words that

are unintelligible to people.

Does any of the above sound familiar, by any chance?

There is no doubt that you'll take offense, but it may be to your benefit to think about this seriously.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Since you're hung up on trying to impress with meaningless composition, I have something for you to look up.....perseveration.....neologism....

On second thought, I'll help you:

1. perseveration.....getting stuck on one idea or one thing and cannot move from it

2. neologism..........words that are made up or a condensation of several words that

are unintelligible to people.

Does any of the above sound familiar, by any chance?

There is no doubt that you'll take offense, but it may be to your benefit to think about this seriously.

Wondering if I ever get a reply...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Will I get a reply?

Sections
Shortcuts