A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II

bump

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Tito/Theo won't pigeon-hole Beckett. Not for long. He/they didn't learn their '09 lesson. And the same mentality that went with VMART as a full-time receiver in 2010 has put Salty in the same position for 2011.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

All that really matters to me is games behind the Yanks and how many games are left to play.

It's not as bad as it looks. (4 games back with 155 to go)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Is Cash working at a fast food joint? He was very bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

my apologies, moon, my comment should have said surefire 100-win team, WS champion is a crapshoot once playoffs begin. Which was predicted by way too many bandwagon publications and media type.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Moon, Harness and the rest of you, we should all join this exclusive option as it enables us to archive our work and enhance our postings a little. I'm even thinking of maybe pointing a domain name to it so we can go right there quickly. We can have individual blogs there. There are lots of reasons why not to do a sports blog that way but at least it's easy and we are here anyway! We can maybe use what we create in some manner in the future.  

I think they are thinking of this as a value added forum with a little more personal identity. Think of it as maybe 20% facebook, 80 % Boston.com forum. Very crude analogy but we can enhance our stuff a little better with the power they appear to be developing, and maybe it's just a start. FYI.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Sox are snake bit tonight.
    Now they have to look forward to facing Price. I do hope all available RH bats will be utilized.            

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The sarcasm also was brimming as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II : Funny.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]Who would have thought you could do a rock and roll version of que sera sera?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]I wish I was softlaw, because the obscession with him makes him akin to a baseball cult hero. Scutaro got the big hit, which was the key offensive moment in the game. Lowrie fits better in the UIF. He's really a 2nd baseman, as he doesn't the quickness or long graceful strides to be an everyday career SS. Delighted the team has AGon instead of Tex.    
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

A.L. SS top 5 in BA, OBP, and OPS 

Teix is off to another slow start except the homers, I still lean towards thinking he is in decline, not just an off year.  He has time to prove me wrong.

BB GM you don't know Softie!  Being a newbie here I will fill you in.  Softie is the kinda guy who...

-wears jean shorts
    -thinks repeating things makes them true
    -talks louder at the bank if he is taking out a big sum
    -wishes he was the love child of Goldwater and Thatcher
    -never used the surf board he only bought b/c of the Beach Boys
    -thinks calling him Bobby Zimmerman is clever
    -writes 4 paragraphs when 1 will do
    -posts under 2 names

and worst of all he likes Oprah.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Take a look at Wakefield's numbers from 2010. He needs to go, but clings like a teflon Don.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Disagree; he's still an innings eater. Also, Harness, he could pitch the 6th and 7th when Dice-K pitches his 5.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Wally could be an innings eater. The last outing, after DiceK's meltdown, Wakefield threw softball batting practice. "Innings eater" means nothing. It's "quality innings" that count.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That was one game, and that game was over at that point. If Wakefield is as effective as he was last yr, that would be good enough for a long man role. Not everybody can be Koufax.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

According to Peter Gammons, he's got 4 more starts to straighten out. Considering the nibbler he's been, that game was shocking from a pitch location/selection POV.
    He needs to revert to nibbler form, which is what he was when he went 18-3. RSN will just have to get over his high Pitch counts per IP in this mode (About 20).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Wakefield is a burden on the active roster. One pitch is an unnecessary burden on the bullpen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Problem is: NIBBLER form means 5 IP - 100 pitches, and an unnecessary burden on the BP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's unfortunate what measures BDC has taken to deter bumping issues.
    This forum has no history now. Just two pages.
    Two lousy pages...it's like a cyberspace lobotomy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We'll see who does better and maybe will end up with Wally before the season's over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]We'll see who does better and maybe will end up with Wally before the season's over.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMk208Op1Jc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II:
    [QUOTE]    The season is finally here. The long winter is over and the roster and rotation is set for now. No major surprises this spring. Let's keep this thread troll free, softy free, and abusrd free. Use the game threads to discuss play by play action, and let's make this a thread about season issues, theory, philosophy, and direction.     Softy has pledged to stay away, so that alone makes this a much less hostile place for rational debate and ideas.      I'm sure a few topics will come up again:        1) Line-up debates        2) 5th starter/bullpen issues         3) Tito's decisions        4) Baserunning and Catcher throwing        5) Fielding and sub rotations/platoons        6) Later, trade talks     Let's keep it "real". Let's keep it clean. Let's keep it all about the Sox and Sox-related issues.     Let the games begin. Let the rings be ours!    
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

You must really regret posting that.  Lol.  Like last year this team will again miss the playoffs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My guess is nobody else we bring up will do much better than Wake, except Aceves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Your guess will be that everyone but Aceves will be teriible then, because Wakefield isn't going to be "better" than anyone unless they, too, are horrible.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Aceves can implode as well. Big difference between pitching a few mop-up BP innings as compared to starting.