A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II

Your guess will be that everyone but Aceves will be teriible then, because Wakefield isn't going to be "better" than anyone unless they, too, are horrible.

Wake's already been better than lackey, Dice-K and Albers.

Some are more horrible than others...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

No, Wakefield hasn't been better. He's been horrible in a mop-up role.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Jerry Remy on WEEI:

Prefers to bat in the same spot and not be juggled around.

Thinks Tito is juggling the line-up in hopes something clicks.

BurritoT:

The Red Sox have been juggling since Game 2, before they realized they were struggling.  Tito juggles the line-up regardless of record.  This is a detriment to the team overall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Juggle-good.

Losing-bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

k

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As much as I hate overpayin for 1Bmen in a league where the difference between the 2nd best and 15th best is small, I'm hoping Gonzo's deal is announced soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Do you think the Buchholz deal was a bit bottom-heavy?
    I felt really good about the Lester deal. But I'm wondering if Buch has that kind of durability.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I really like Buch, but he has admitted to confidence issues in the past, his peripherals do not project greatness, and his body type is not the norm for longevity.

I feel 4 years at $30M is not too long.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Given that AGon's deal was a done deal, I wouldn't think there would be any need to hope. It was never a done deal, and Theo hedged on the shoulder. That will cost him, as he can't have his cake and eat it too. In the end, Epstein will play a higher premium than when the negotiations ended without an agreement and with a hedge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Amazing, another viewpoint exactly like softy's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Did this "Softy" poster you are fixated on also say what a good manager Francona is? If so, he's a smart guy.

What is your guess on why that done deal on AGon isn't done yet? The Beckett deal was already announced by now. If it were just about the CBT, it would most surely be done by now.  It almost has to get done, because Theo has boxed himself in now. He really has to pay just about whatever AGon's agent demands on the highest position player salary history scale. It's not enough to get 2 picks, uncertain with the CBA expiring in 2011. Both Kelly and Rizzo were high end prospects, and Fuentes was on the rise. He's really painted himself in a corner. Epstein isn't the roundest tire. He seems to react, instead of having a vision and planning his moves in advance. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I did an analysis once which showed that we are probably going to get appropriate value from the Gonzalez trade even if he doesn't extend. We get 1 year out of him for a cost of $6-7 mil, when he probably ends up being valued at $28 mil. We get 2 picks probably when he leaves. We get increased NESN ratings and a higher probability of making the playoffs, which earns us even more cash for every game they play. He's probably worth it even if they do not extend him. 

I still hated to lose those prospects though. We won't know how this deal turns out for years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It must be killing softy to not be able to admit "he" (GM) is him. Not to be able to claim glory for all those past brilliantnesses. (all three of them)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Softlaw I am assuming you are having a grand time posing as BaseballGM .... however if you really are trying to get people to believe you are not one in the same I find the denial act disturbing.

Cool

Of course as usual I agree with you on 85% of all your points, and to watch the likes of harness and ream cast themselves against the mighty stone wall of reason is quite hilarious - and pointless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I actually think it's killing him not to be able to say "I told you so" about things from beyond a few weeks ago.

His identical positions and wording are clear giveaways. It's just a matter of time before his politics come forth and the new bannings begin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

softlaw is pathetic. He comes back to this thread like a dog coming back to eat his own vomit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes the politics will be the trojan horse - I know when I go political the evil BDC crushes my posts without fail.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

for all those past brilliantnesses

Your paranoia isn't your only short coming. You have more than a minor problem with the English language.

Burrito, I'm not posing as any old poster. However, the more these old bullies spout off about a horrible old baseball message board poster, the more it reveals how shallow minded and idle these old board bullies are. 

On the issue of AGon, there is no way picking up 2 draft picks makes AGon a value if he walks. First of all, there is no guarantee there will be 2 picks because the CBA experies at the end of this season. Second, increasing playoff chances is speculation as always being a playoff contender has been a static given for the Red Sox for many, many years. Third, ratings increases come with winning big, something that only happens with on the field results. Given what was in place, it's impossible to make the connection between AGon in 2011 and ratings. For 2011, the team was already quite capable of winning without this move. Long term is the only way this move provides a good value return.

That's why Epstein will pay whatever the premium turns out to be and eventually close the deal.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes the politics will be the trojan horse - I know when I go political the evil BDC crushes my posts without fail.

Seconds after my post, softy... I mean GM...did just what I predicted and went on a union bashing, Obama lying, Beck/Rush rant...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Either way - I enjoy your posts.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

OKI's not in decline
    Dice-K is bashed because of his race.
    Wake is too old, give a kid a chance.
    Cam is not old, trade the kid (Ells)away.
    Scutty was a bad signing based on a career year,
    but he's still better than Ole Jed who is nothing more than a UIF.
    Jed stinks, bu should bring us a top prospect.
    Ells stinks, but should bring us a top prospect.
    Papi shouldplay vs almost all LHPs.
    CERA id voodoo/
    Theo's a bum.
    Ells is a bum.
    Jenks is a bum.
    Lackey is a bum.
    Beckett is a bum.
    Theo is a bum.
    Salty and Vtek are Bums.
    Wake is a  fat old bum.

He hates over a third of the players, but pretends he loves the Sox.
    Unions are bad.
    Slavery should have been llowed to continue until the states decided it was wrong.
    Obama is a liar. It's his, the president's, fault the deficit is rising.
    Clinton can not be praised for lowering the deficit, because Congress did it.

Amazing how softy and GM have exactly the same positions on every one of these often bizarre positions.

As Zappa and the old softy would say: "I figure the odds be 50-50"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Burrito's attraction to Softy reminds me of when I see a bunch of flies hovering over a fresh dump.

Law and now the liar Softlaw pigeon-hole Theo as if it's a one-man show.
    It's a reflection of their bias.
    Get a clue. Do you have any conception whatsoever as to how many minds are involved in FO decision making? People need a scapegoat when things occur that they don't agree with. Theo became "inepstein" when Softlaw couldn't admit to coming up short with his GM projections. It's easier to criticize than to admit failure.

The only element lower than this is the empty-headed flock they attract.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is a mature observation - did you go to college to come up with that?

Bad enough you pursue the GM around the board attacking his every post, but now you attack his supporters.  Very soviet of you.

Shouldn't you be in the Private Group forum anyhow?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Slavery should have been llowed to continue until the states decided it was wrong.
    Obama is a liar. It's his, the president's, fault the deficit is rising.

I can't speak for an old poster you are obscessed with, but I'd like to see what's in that hollow ringing space between your ears.

Did the States thinking slavery was wrong have anyting to do with it's abolition?

If so, what was the political benefit for "emancipation"?

Did Lincoln believe in segragation?

Do believe that Obama is not a liar?

Do you believe that Obama is not responsbile for the budget deficits under the Democratic Party's majority in Congress? (Congress means the House and the Senate, not just the House) If so, why do you believe that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II:
    [QUOTE]That is a mature observation - did you go to college to come up with that? Bad enough you pursue the GM around the board attacking his every post, but now you attack his supporters.  Very soviet of you. Shouldn't you be in the Private Group forum anyhow?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

And be without my favorite punching bag? Dream on...