A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II

Just reading through this thread. There is a post on there about gold gloves meaning "nothing" and Jeter "never, ever" has been a good defensive SS. The author of this thread is delusional, not realistic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The Sox are positioning their staff to try to win all 3. I haven't seen them move pitchers around this much in advance of a Yanks series. It's really about time. The Yanks seem to take us seriously every series. We need to put more emphasis on the head to head series with both the Rays and the Yanks going forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Is that a pretender or a gnat?

Shoo!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Buzzard. Looking to bait.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Sox are positioning their staff to try to win all 3...

If only Tito would start positioning the everyday players better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Gold gloves are voted on by managers and coaches from other teams. They are not allowed to vote for players on their own teams. They mean something. Jeter is ranked in the top 5 of the elite all-time total SS gold gloves rankings. Sorry, but calling Jeter "never, ever a good defensive SS" makes you an idiot. It's realistic to think you are not smart enough to be an imbecile or a moron. If you had something to drink when you made those comments, you should simply admit you have a drinking problem and a lot of idle time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II:
    [QUOTE]Gold gloves are voted on by managers and coaches from other teams. They are not allowed to vote for players on their own teams. They mean something. Jeter is ranked in the top 5 of the elite all-time total SS gold gloves rankings. Sorry, but calling Jeter "never, ever a good defensive SS" makes you an idiot. It's realistic to think you are not smart enough to be an imbecile or a moron. If you had something to drink when you made those comments, you should simply admit you have a drinking problem and a lot of idle time.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

Let's see. How does one retort to this? Maybe we can get some pointers...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Was that being sarcastic?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Nay.  Your offer the forum something no single other poster can... a true value.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The same absurd clown who blasts managers & coaches nearly everyday, now respects their opinions about a prima donna SS who happens to be one of the most over-rated fielders in the history of MLB. The GG award has a long history of horrible choices. (Palmeiro won the award one year even though he DH'd 135 games.) It's a popularity contest voted on by people who have barely seen some players play each year and is heavily weighted by the notoriety a player gets on offense and more highlight plays on the ESPN because he plays in a big market area.

The UZR/150 numbers back up my claim. The RF/9 numbers back up my claim. They are what they are: poor to fair at best.

The Fielding Bible is a much more reputable and fair award. Jeter got zero top ten votes for 2010, finished 17th in 2009, 14th in 2008, and 18th in 2007.

Some clowns and respectd posters might not agree, but an opinion based on data and supported by other expert opinions in not moronic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Was that being sarcastic?
    Posted by moonslav59

Nay.  Your offer the forum something no single other poster can... a true value.

Actually, my question was sarcastic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe-1. Show -The--Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like to dream. Scares the hell out of me. But I did expect Wheeler to be better than 11.32 ERA. I had hoped Jenks might be better than his 9.35 ERA. I didn't think Bard would be 0-3 with hitters hitting .318 - .893 OPS - in high-leverage situations. Weren't these the guys who were supposed to play key roles in the BP?

Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

You also expected the orioles to finish in 2nd place in the ALE behind the sawx.

That tells us alot about how little you know about baseball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

good one moon, thats why your the center of the forum universe,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Some clowns and respectd posters might not agree, but an opinion based on data and supported by other expert opinions in not moronic.

Your opinion is based on some data and opinions that are not experts. Managers and coaches from other teams are experts. 5 gold gloves is not a result of a popularity contest from the other managers and coaches from other teams who have inferior team history to the Yankees. If anything, it would lead them to vote for the next alternative.

Once again, gold gloves don't mean "nothing". You have already admitted your comment "never, ever a good defensive SS" was wrong. Now, you are going to have to admit that gold gloves mean more than "nothing".

This is why you have a thread with a lot of delusional comments on it, because you are delusional. There is nothing realistic about this thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

(Palmeiro won the award one year even though he DH'd 135 games.)

This really seems to put GG awards into perspective. No doubt if Lowrie or Ellsbury were to ever win GG some time in the future, this factoid would be relevant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Why do managers and coaches pick the Gold Gloves anyway?  The maximum number of games they're going to see the player play during the season is 18.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I said maybe he was close to good for one season. Overall, he is not even average.

Managers and coaches are not experts at evaluating players they never or barely watch from other teams and leagues.

Do you even know who votes on the Fielding Bible panel?

The GG award is almost as valuable as Jacoby's defensive player of the year award. It's nothing more than a popularity contest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Don't swallow the buzzard bait.
    Leads to indigestion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Burp!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

It was great to see the team leaders step up tonight...Adrian blasting a HR to put a serious dent in the stadium enthusiasm, Pedroia with some clean fielding plays on hot shots, Youk with the HR to RF with 2 strikes, Ellsbury with 2 hits, Ortiz with a hit and 2 walks. Adrian led the way though and looks to be solid as heck so far this year.

Buchholz was determined wasn't he. The ball gets hit to the right side and he's sprinting to 1st before the ball leaves the batters box. He fielded at least 3 balls himself plus all the strikeouts. His stuff was awesome, touching 98 several times. Every time he beats the Yanks in Yankee stadium has got to be a major confidence boost.

A solid team win. If we can snag one more this series it will be great. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Did you notice Hellickson's CG shut out? He's for real guys.

Tampa is solid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, I pointed it out on my TB thread.

Trust me, TB is not going away this year or for years to come.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh, do I love beating NY. Good recap Boom. Bard's progression is a major key to this season.

On Tampa, they are on a nice roll. I'd like to see where they are in August. I projected no more than 86 wins from them. I'll eat those words come the time.
    We'll see.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Shields        4-1   2.08
    Sonnanstine 0-0 2.87
    Hellickson  4-2   2.98
    W. Davis     4-2   3.07
    D. Price       5-3   3.12

Only Nieman has pitched poorly: 1-4  5.74 (25-24 2009-2010)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

If one of 2 of the Rays starters get hurt it could be  problem for them but overall they look strong. The Garza trade sure looked risky but they got Guyer and Chris Archer back in that deal with one or 2 others if I remember correctly. 
    Short term they probably lose in that trade but long term they win IMO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I said maybe he was close to good for one season. Overall, he is not even average.

Managers and coaches are not experts at evaluating players they never or barely watch from other teams and leagues.

5 gold gloves voted by other managers and coaches makes him more than just popular and "close to good for one season".

Managers and coaches are much better than you are at evaluating players from teams the play against.

Once again, gold gloves mean more than "nothing". Your best bet is to fold and admit how stupid your comments are.

Sections
Shortcuts