A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II

You know Softy you're last paragraph demonstrates that you do understand this game and can contribute to mature, worthwhile (at least as worthwhile as talking on a message board can be;)) discussion. But you are so quick to wander into name-calling, politics, or unpopular player attacks that people tire of you quickly. 
    For what it's worth, and you CAN reread my posts, I said at 2-10 that this team would be back and would prevail; they are just too solid throughout to not be a contender. And I am NOT one of your "circle jerkers" who live to read your every word. In fact I gloss right over any of your posts with the words "wastefield", union roster spot, weak-armed, slap-hitter, no-range shortstop, CERA, good ole boys, "crawbury", Obama or anything else political. That means I probably only read one out of every hundred that you "contribute", but the ones I do read usually reveal an understanding of the game that the other ninety-nine contradict.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And, you, 5K, author of the "Crisp selling insurance on the streets of LA", since when is 5 games back with 10 games to go "not going away". The Cubs aren't going away, until they are eliminated by the math in the last week or two of the season. Nearly every team "won't go away" based upon your definition of the meaningless phrase, "won't go away". (softbrain)

Reality check: the Cubs are 10 GB the wild card with 11 teams ahead of them.

Nice analogy.

TB is 2 GB with 2 teams ahead. At this rate, they will be in it until the last 5 games of the season. We may differ on the meaning of "not going away", but I call that highly competitive. With Longoria back, I think that "rate" may change from here on out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

You're not going to lose too many games when you're doubling up on three-run dingers in an inning! And Lackey looks much better since his DL stint. Just how good can this team be?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The Sox are just pounding the other teams. Morrow is a RH fastball pitcher right? The Sox just eat up that kind of guy. Ortiz is now a fastball hitter again!

I don't remember the Sox being this hot offensively for around 7-8 years. They are demolishing other teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

They're starting to remind me of the 1978 team offensively. And that might have been the best hitting baseball team I ever saw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Moslab, you have been repeating for months that the Rays would "be in it until the end", then backed off to "won't go away", and now are saying "that's competitive".

If you think that "at this rate" in early June translates to the different in division strength and a Rays team that has seriously dropped down from 2010 in roster construction talent, you are as clueless as you have been in the past. 

but the ones I do read usually reveal an understanding of the game that the other ninety-nine contradict.

Jid, the nature of fans and message boards require beating a drum loudly on some issues and not others. Lowrie, Ellsbury, Lowell, Wakefield, Bay, Lackey etc. are all player issues that are the antithesis of preaching to the choir/cheerleader issues. In the spring of 2008, I certainly never got anyone's attention when I said that Ellsbury was a weak defensive CF'er. And I certainly haven't made a dent on Lowrie. By the same token, career averages aren't going to get anyone to listen on what Ellsbury's limitations are. And I certainly never got anyone's attention that AGon wasn't coming last season, and Beltre should come. And, last summer, I certainly never got anyone's attention that AGon was 100% going to be traded this winter, with the surgery increasing the desire to sell him, and that only the extension and one or two other teams (I went into great detail) was the reason why the Red Sox were at least 50/50 as the destination)

Call it an insult or mean spirited if you like, but there are a lot of dim bulbs on this board. I provide a free service, Jid, beyond some self-interested for monetary ratings hire Gammons or some beat hack like Edes, and who would want to bully or silence someone on viewpoint or style basis? Censorship for less than criminal reasons is an admission of corruption and intellectual dishonesty.     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part II:
    [QUOTE]Moslab, you have been repeating for months that the Rays would "be in it until the end", then backed off to "won't go away", and now are saying "that's competitive". If you think that "at this rate" in early June translates to the different in division strength and a Rays team that has seriously dropped down from 2010 in roster construction talent, you are as clueless as you have been in the past.  but the ones I do read usually reveal an understanding of the game that the other ninety-nine contradict. Jid, the nature of fans and message boards require beating a drum loudly on some issues and not others. Lowrie, Ellsbury, Lowell, Wakefield, Bay, Lackey etc. are all player issues that are the antithesis of preaching to the choir/cheerleader issues. In the spring of 2008, I certainly never got anyone's attention when I said that Ellsbury was a weak defensive CF'er. And I certainly haven't made a dent on Lowrie. By the same token, career averages aren't going to get anyone to listen on what Ellsbury's limitations are. And I certainly never got anyone's attention that AGon wasn't coming last season, and Beltre should come. And, last summer, I certainly never got anyone's attention that AGon was 100% going to be traded this winter, with the surgery increasing the desire to sell him, and that only the extension and one or two other teams (I went into great detail) was the reason why the Red Sox were at least 50/50 as the destination) Call it an insult or mean spirited if you like, but there are a lot of dim bulbs on this board. I provide a free service, Jid, beyond some self-interested for monetary ratings hire Gammons or some beat hack like Edes, and who would want to bully or silence someone on viewpoint or style basis? Censorship for less than criminal reasons is an admission of corruption and intellectual dishonesty.     
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

bettered,

YOU supposedly said NOTHING in the Spring of 2008, since "you weren't here!"
    Right?!?!  Unless you really are "someone else?"   Hmmmm???

The only thing I've heard YOU do on this board is talk "like a dim bulb."

YOU don't see Ellsbury's value, as the REST OF THE BASEBALL WORLD is clearly seeing (not just Red Sox fans), no problem!  It just proves how much you don't know about a young player & the direction his skills are CLEARLY heading!  No problem!  You have every right to prove your lack of baseball knowledge & acumen.....   Keep it up!

Lowrie???  We always knew he wasn't a great SS defensively.  He had been doing great offensively, but his recent injuries seem to be taking a toll!  You may well be right about his durability, but the Sox would be wise to pump him up, if for no other reason than trade value!!!  YOU probably wouldn't like that as you are obviously not a Sox fan!

Nice to see your insults are generally about baseball though!

Try staying off the race baiting & juxtaposed moralizing for a while!  I like having you around to laugh at!   :)   :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Ellsbury's skills aren't heading in a new direction, they are the same skills his big sample career metrics say they are.

As for value, long term, he has more value to a large market NL team. The Red Sox have a long term need for a solid young RH OF'er, have Crawford on a giant mortgage and one-sided farm profile overload of lefty slap hitters. Since you are unable to comprehend an intellectual level of looking at the farm and what's on the books, for how long, current and future market, and current and long term value needs and depth, it's a waste of time for you to simply rant about the baseball issues.

When someone is so limited in intelligence as to use "juxtapose morals", it is easy to understand why angry ranting is the limit of your communication capabilities.

The only sincere laughter is when you keep posting the incoherent angry stalking rants.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I'm sorry your not able to comprehend the meaning of one viewing your race baiting in juxtaposition to your rampant moralizing!  Try to keep up!  K big fella :)

So.... Our "farm hand OFers..... which are the NOT LH hitters who are better hitters than Ells????  Which are not slap hitters???  Fill me in there big guy???

YOU HAVE NO discernable point!  You just like to rant!  ANYBODY ELSE in the baseball world, listening to your complaints about Ells., would laugh you out of town.  Too bad we can't do that, as your town is cyber space!  Guess we just have to laugh at you in silence???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

There will be no "pumping up" Lowrie, and "we" did not "already know" that Lowrie was a terrible defensive SS. "Limited range, good hands, good arm" were the standard "we" comments on Lowrie at SS.

Playing everyday is Lowrie's problem, and he has never done "great offensively". He has been poor against RHP and has always lacked pop (long ball) against LHP. He is exactly what his career metrics say he is, and playing everyday instead of platooning this guy was undercutting the very reason his potemkin short sample numbers looking flashy in the first place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Crawford is a better hitter than "Ells", and the farm hands are a better value in the long term than "Ells". The Red Sox have a long term need for a solid young RH OF'er, and Crawford has the long term FA/extension budget for "Ells".

Lowrie was a .400 hitter and slugging maniac, a few weeks ago.

Lowrie's problems aren't about any injury, they are about what Lowrie's career metrics say he has always been. A fragile mental and physical constitution with limited talent who is a career UIF's with a best case everyday 2nd bagger for a very short time frame of a few seasons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Come now bettered..... You're really not that "dim witted" to fail to see the sheer irony of your moralizing after personally engaging in such vile race baiting during the Dice-K melt down???   ARE YOU?!?!  If you can't see how absurd it is to listen to someone with such a weak moral compass as to wallow in naked racial demagoguery on one thread, while preaching about their own moral superiority on another.........   It's a special kind of irony that is noticed from on high!
    Well, I just feel sorry for you!   You clearly don't know any better?!?!?!  OR DO YOU????  What else can one say????  Those who put themselves on such a high moral pirch are held to an even higher standard!  NOT A LOWER STANDARD!!!!  Of course, you must know that????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

bettered,

Do you want to have a serious DISCUSSION about your conduct on this site????

Are you interested in change???

Ironically, you and I probably have a lot in common.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I might not be quite as well verses on the minors as you, however I'm no piker when it comes to objectively looking at our up & coming OFers.....  These guys are (mostly LH batters) & Ells. wish they could be 1/2 as gooders :)   :)

Tell me!  Objectively..... Which of our farm hands could even hold a candle to Ells????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

That's what I thought!  Gone!  You never addressed the juxtaposition either????
    I think I clearly explained it......  What?  No argument???

This is what you always do.....  Whenever somebody steps back & DIRECTLY calls you out on your behavior, you ignore it.  Ten minutes later, you will start moralizing on another thread?????  It's a bit weird, to say the least.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

redsoxdirtdog - I gave Softy 1. 2, 3, and then 4 chances to join the human race and he failed all of them. Trust me on this...he's not worth the effort.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Or.....  you'll claim you're not that person, when 5 post previous you will reference what YOU said in 2008 here?????

Do you really get that lost in this alternate universe???  Of do you think people are that stupid?  Forget I asked that last question...   :)   :)

You could add a lot to this site if you would quit being such a d!ck!!!

Try something novel!  Treat others as YOU would want to be treated....  I think I heard that somewhere???   Oh sorry!  Do unto.........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]redsoxdirtdog - I gave Softy 1. 2, 3, and then 4 chances to join the human race and he failed all of them. Trust me on this...he's not worth the effort.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

I hear ya!  Too bad!  I guess I'm one of those hopelessly optimistic people that thinks they can appeal to a persons "better self?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

If he can't change????????????????????????

There is only ONE ANSWER as to why!

He is ABSOLUTELY NOT a Christian, as he CLAIMS to be??????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Or.....  you'll claim you're not that person, when 5 post previous you will reference what YOU said in 2008 here????? Do you really get that lost in this alternate universe???  Of do you think people are that stupid?  Forget I asked that last question...   :)   :) You could add a lot to this site if you would quit being such a d!ck!!! Try something novel!  Treat others as YOU would want to be treated....  I think I heard that somewhere???   Oh sorry!  Do unto.........
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

I think that pretty much says it all! I personally think that should be his new nickname!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Don't you guys like my cute little "Pedroia" avatar! I'd like to get back to better discussions! I've been arguing with "Dick" for 2 years. I'm really tired of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford is a better hitter than "Ells", and the farm hands are a better value in the long term than "Ells". The Red Sox have a long term need for a solid young RH OF'er, and Crawford has the long term FA/extension budget for "Ells". Lowrie was a .400 hitter and slugging maniac, a few weeks ago. Lowrie's problems aren't about any injury, they are about what Lowrie's career metrics say he has always been. A fragile mental and physical constitution with limited talent who is a career UIF's with a best case everyday 2nd bagger for a very short time frame of a few seasons.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Crawford's a better hitter than Ells???  I would put any amount of money (OK...$100 or less:)  on the FACT that Ells will hit better from THIS DATE forward??
    Mark it & check it at the end of the season!  You WILL BE wrong again.

As for Lowrie???  Your criticisms of him are still inexplicable, given the FACT that HE is who the club chose to go with!  Having said that, he may well be showing his "lack of durability?"  I hope not!!!!   Yes!  99% of us have always known his limitations as a fielding SS!  This observation is in no way indicative of a prescient mind!!!  Get a grip!   :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The clown now bashes over 40% of our great team; the team he supposedly loves, it's easyfor him to find one, at any given moment, to pick on for playing "poorly", especially when you specialize in 1 game and even one play sample sizes. His soup de jour is Jed. Tomorrow it will be Wake. Jake will go 4 for 5, but get caught stealing and that's all we'll hear about.

Here's the softy list of hatred (in approximate order of hatred):

1) Jake (crickets lately)
    2) Wake (forget he's 3rd in WHIP/4th in IP)
    3) Jed (no pop)
    4) VTek
    5) Slackey
    6) Salty
    7) Jenks
    8) Crawford
    9) "Fat" Beckett
    10) Scutaro
    11) Hill ("left a mess")

Then, there is Theo and Tito.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Don't you guys like my cute little "Pedroia" avatar! I'd like to get back to better discussions! I've been arguing with "Dick" for 2 years. I'm really tired of it.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

TRUE!  Sorry about my petty indulgence!  Sometimes I just get in the mood....

It's too easy!
     Back to baseball.....   :)   :)    What a season for the ages!?!?!?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Good to see Pedey on base 4 out of 6 times.

Good to see VTek keep hitting in his limited role.

Scutaro didn't waste any time lighting things up.

Maybe all this run support will help Lackey not get so mad the next time someone makes an error or misplays a ball to let a run in.