A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

Does Softy stage himself? Is the Pope Catholic? Does a bear sh-it in the woods? Softlaw is here to annoy others and he laughs at his keyboard 24/7. Why others can't see this is beyond my comprehension. Even Harness knows this but Harness considers Softy to be a unifying target on the forum. Unifying is like a thousand flies landing on a piece of cow sh-it in the field. Softlaw condones it since his entire existence revolves around this BDC forum. A populated forum is better than a good forum in his opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I can't begin to think like Softy, in either the troll concept or just the narcissistic pain in the rear approach. I can't even begin to go either place. I don't understand either of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III:
    [QUOTE]Does Softy stage himself? Is the Pope Catholic? Does a bear sh-it in the woods? Softlaw is here to annoy others and he laughs at his keyboard 24/7. Why others can't see this is beyond my comprehension. Even Harness knows this but Harness considers Softy to be a unifying target on the forum. Unifying is like a thousand flies landing on a piece of cow sh-it in the field. Softlaw condones it since his entire existence revolves around this BDC forum. A populated forum is better than a good forum in his opinion.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Only you would bring the Pope and a bear defecating in the same paragraph.

Not that you deserve an explanation, but my allusion to Softy as a
    unifying force refers to common disdain for him instead of posters being at our own throats.

Come to think of it, you would also suffice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Getting back to baseball, while Weiland didn't draw rave reviews from the board overall, I was impressed with him. He had one poor inning where two balls were hit well off him. Scutaro prolonged it. Scut needs some down time when Lowrie returns. I'm talking DL and use Navarro with Lowrie at SS.

Weiland has a nice easy delivery and good movement. He's unpolished but I can see how he can really be tough on righties with some experience. He pitched in the Cape Cod League just a few years ago.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

88 of 89 games played

5K, your list was a nice diversion with this glaring omission:

Ellsbury v. LHP   BA .255 OBP .328 SLG .377  7 SB CS 1

Crawford v. LHP BA .151 OBP .275 SLG .267   0 SB CS 3

Kemp v. LHP  BA .338  OBP  .484  SLG  .592   8 SB CS 1

Since the Red Sox are married to Crawford, without a pre-nup, makes sense to go after Kemp with Ellsbury.

Note: Small sample, but:

Reddick v. LHP  BA .667 OBP .692 SLG .917

Reddick would be quite capable in CF, and has an outstanding swing with good bat speed. Even if his OBP falls to around .300:

Reddick and Drew and Kemp is far superior to Reddick and Drew and Ellsbury

Why invest 12 to 14M in Ellsbury, if it could be invested in a long term extension for Kemp? Obviously, that makes no sense with Crawford, Reddick and Kalish on the books.

While even I must admit that Kemp is better than Ells, you made one glaring mistake. How could you play Drew every day instead of Crawford?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Note: Mike Cameron, who was put

in the Boston doghouse
    , homered for the Marlins and has played well in starting in CF the last 3 games. Fish have won 5 in a row.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Note: Mike Cameron put himself in the Boston Doghouse.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE] I don't know anyone who advocated signing Hall to a 3.5 base. I do know someone who advocated signing him to a 2 year contract for 3.5 , as a UIF/OF'er. Posted by billbyboy posted at 9/22/2010 4:58 PM EDT Softlaw   "Bill Hall is a 2 for 1 IF/OF bench player, he should be resigned for one year at about base 3 with an option for 3 and .5 buyout, cost less than Hermida ." I am sure it was just a slip of the memory .
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

One of countless number of others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : One of countless number of others.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]Before I put the second identity on ignore to join bettersoftthanlaw I noticed that the troll set up the account in 2009.

And we used to wonder how he got votes on his unique polls? I am breaking my own rule by even posting this because I believe the best response to a narcissistic exhibitionist that goes to lengths that this character does to gain attention is best dealt with by giving him none.

But the idea that a grown up would create multiple identities on a public internet sports forum to agree with himself is just too freakin' weird not to comment on.

Same on me, back to ignore billbywhoever and his Mayberry friend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : Before I put the second identity on ignore to join bettersoftthanlaw I noticed that the troll set up the account in 2009. And we used to wonder how he got votes on his unique polls? I am breaking my own rule by even posting this because I believe the best response to a narcissistic exhibitionist that goes to lengths that this character does to gain attention is best dealt with by giving him none. But the idea that a grown up would create multiple identities on a public internet sports forum to agree with himself is just too freakin' weird not to comment on.Same on me, back to ignore billbywhoever and his Mayberry friend.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Yes, I just commented similar on another thread.
    What's really nerve-wracking is when such identities can't agree on anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : Yes, I just commented similar on another thread. What's really nerve-wracking is when such identities can't agree on anything.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

It's been done before. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : The biggest problem with most CERA bashers is that they don't understand it's proper usage. It is a very limited and narrow use when used the right way. It can't be used effectively with every team, since many teams do not allow large enough sample sizes with the sdame pitchers and both catchers. When teams do have 2 catchers with large enough sample sizes, there is almost always a consistent disparity... the same way there is almost always a constent disparity between AGon's BA and Scutaro's. 
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Just saying, in 2009, Scutaro batted .282 and Gonzo batted .277...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Nuts, that proves how deceptively useless batting average is as a tool for judging baseball performance. And to think that for many years that was one of the most important things we looked at.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's still valid. But venue plays a major role.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I wonder at what level the RedSox will resume playing.
    Will it revert back to ST mode?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

back from a wonderful time in Bar Harbor. My wife doesn't know I planned it around the Sox off days and thinks I made a big sacrifice. Ignorance is bliss sometimes, I guess.

Thanks to Burrito for playing sheriff on this thread.

Nice to see the same old clown now using small 2011 splits vs LHPs to find a straw of negativity in "Jake's" first half of the season. This is the same clown who bashed me for using 3 season's worth of splits on Papi. Now, suddenly the career numbers vs LHPs are not important. Now, suddenly Kemp's attitude and mental lapses are to be forgotten. Now, suddenly we are to look at only Kemp's numbers in 2011, not his career numbers and splits.

I missed the Sox banter, and hope we can still keep it "real".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder at what level the RedSox will resume playing. Will it revert back to ST mode?

A lot depends on the health of Lester, Beckett & Buch.

I see our hitting to continue on the post April pace.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

It will be interesting to see if they give Drew or Reddick a shot to cover us at DH, or if it will be McDonald or someone else. I know they aren't going to call up Lavarnway yet. I would think that this is Drew's last chance or they might make a trade. If Papi appeals it might delay things long enough to get Crawford back. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think we'll see Reddick vs RHPs and DMac vs LHPs if Papi doesn't appeal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]back from a wonderful time in Bar Harbor. My wife doesn't know I planned it around the Sox off days and thinks I made a big sacrifice.Ignorance is bliss sometimes, I guess. Thanks to Burrito for playing sheriff on this thread. Nice to see the same old clown now using small 2011 splits vs LHPs to find a straw of negativity in "Jake's" first half of the season. This is the same clown who bashed me for using 3 season's worth of splits on Papi. Now, suddenly the career numbers vs LHPs are not important. Now, suddenly Kemp's attitude and mental lapses are to be forgotten. Now, suddenly we are to look at only Kemp's numbers in 2011, not his career numbers and splits. I missed the Sox banter, and hope we can still keep it "real".
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Disagree. The true sacrifice would have been to schedule Bar Harbor when the Sox played the interleague games.
    You may have cost them the division!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I only have one more "live game" scheduled, so we should be OK.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

What game is that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]What game is that?

August 1st vs Cleveland.

I might go see a game or 2 at Texas in late August.