A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

Thanks. Now I'll know when to make my doc/dentist appointments.

Haven't heard from Softy tonight. Ya think it could be the 5 walks?
    Or perhaps Milleritis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III:
    [QUOTE]I was going to wait until the half way point to start the next chapter, but for some reason they closed Part II. Let's keep it real. Stay on topic: Sox and anything related to the Sox. Topics about to heat up: 1) RF: Drew, Reddick, Cam, DMac or trade? 2) SS: Always an issue. 3) C: Been quiet lately, but... 4) Starters 5) Releivers 6) Trade deadline
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

A REALISTIC LOOK PART ONE/PART TWO/PART THREE
    TAMPA WONT GO AWY PART 25

ONLY A SUBBORN/SELF CONSUMED GEEK WOULD KEEP POSTING THESE DUMP THREADS.  NOTHING IS SAID IN ANY OF THESE THREADS THAT OTHERS DON'T TALK ABOUT DAILY IN OTHER THREADS BUT YOU JUST NEED TO TRY AND HAVE YOUR OWN PERSONAL CLUB OF NONSENSE ANYWAY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III:
    [QUOTE]I was going to wait until the half way point to start the next chapter, but for some reason they closed Part II. Let's keep it real. Stay on topic: Sox and anything related to the Sox. Topics about to heat up: 1) RF: Drew, Reddick, Cam, DMac or trade? 2) SS: Always an issue. 3) C: Been quiet lately, but... 4) Starters 5) Releivers 6) Trade deadline

ANYONE SICK OF POST NUMBER 9,126 YET BECAUSE MY NAME IS MOON AND I AND KEEP THIS GOING UNTIL THE MODS ERASE IT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Farm Fan has certainly added some meaningful baseball-related opinions here and elsewhere.

Brilliant!

KEEP IT UP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III:
    [QUOTE]Farm Fan has certainly added some meaningful baseball-related opinions here and elsewhere. Brilliant! KEEP IT UP.

IM JUST POINTING OUT WHERE YOU GET YOUR NONSENSE FROM AND THE FACT YOU AND HARNESS BOTH NEED TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION OR YOUR DAY IS A COMPLETE FAILURE. 

REPETITIVE JIBBERISH  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

FarmFan, or whoever you are, what are your brilliant comments adding here? There are more than two people on this thread and for the most part we enjoy communicating with one another. You are just an annoying speed-bump.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Good news on the Crawford front. Should hopefully be back soon. That should help!

BTW, this is one of the best threads ever on this site precisely because of guys like Moon and Harness. FARMFAN, YOU WE COULD DO WITHOUT!

IN A HEARTBEAT!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

farmboy isn't completely off base.  The title of this thread is "a realistic look at 2011, part III," but does that only occasionally.   The rest of the time it's about summer vacations, what games to see in person, personal bickering, etc. 

Right now the Sox are in a good place, but also vulnerable because of the starting pitching.  Forget last night, that can happen anytime.  The real concern has to be not only Buccholz and Lester on the DL, but Beckett, who was shut down because of a knee problem but now says everything is fine.  Plus Wake, Miller, and Lackey have all had their problems this year. 

Even the hitting, which has been terrific, has issues.  Crawford's coming back, but will he be the April disaster or the May explosion?  And who will play right field and who will DH for Ortiz, only the best DH in the American League? 

But enough of those silly questions.  Moonslav, please tell us more about your summer vacation, and then harness can tell us about his. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

IM JUST POINTING OUT WHERE YOU GET YOUR NONSENSE FROM AND THE FACT YOU AND HARNESS BOTH NEED TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION OR YOUR DAY IS A COMPLETE FAILURE. 

REPETITIVE JIBBERISH  

How many times will you repeat this jibberish?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

What is getting into you guys? If you don't like the thread feel free to start a better one. The main reason there is bickering is because softy and his many aliases come here to argue. It was great as long as he stayed away.

Some long timers are here. We communicate things between each other as friends. Some of you need to take a couple asperin or something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]IM JUST POINTING OUT WHERE YOU GET YOUR NONSENSE FROM AND THE FACT YOU AND HARNESS BOTH NEED TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION OR YOUR DAY IS A COMPLETE FAILURE. REPETITIVE JIBBERISH True. This is the Moonslow and Harnut circle jerk thread.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]
    so says the FOOL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm happy to have boom, katz, jid, amp, summer and others be "the center" of this thread. They all know a lot more than softy & gang.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Hey, I enjoy reading about where guys went to ballgames etc.  It makes it more 'realistic' and not as sterile as some people want it.

Once upon a time, I doubted whether Ellsbury was as good as he's been showing.  Boy, was I wrong.

I am deathly afraid of the pitching situation.  Hopefully, some of the injuries are somewhat exaggerated by the front office in order to keep things fresh in september.

It certainly looks like Reddick is coming of age...hope so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Guys, Lavarnway is 3 for 3 today so far with a walk also. He's hitting .373 so far in over 100 AAA ab with 8 HR and an OPS well over 1,100. The guy is a Northern Maine MOOSE ( that's big where I come from!).

He keeps putting up great numbers, including OBP. He's not a big power, low average guy like Cameron. Every day which goes by seems to be vaulting this young man onto the 40 man roster, with probably a mlb call up in September. We are going to see this kid soon. If he is as good a bat as I think we may not care if Papi comes back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The above post is realism with a strong dose of optimism! Throw a tinge of naivete in there also but when a young man puts up consistent numbers like he has and even trends up in AAA ball, indications are good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

One would have to describe him as the best hitting prospect we have had since Hanley / Pedroia / Ellsbury. With a lot more power projection than any of those guys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In case you guys are wondering, my avatar is of Sean Coyle, a guy down in Greenville.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Finally, boomer decides to talk about an actual player.  Imagine that. 

If he's hitting that good, let him DH for the 3 or 4 games Ortiz will be out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]Finally, boomer decides to talk about an actual player.  Imagine that.  If he's hitting that good, let him DH for the 3 or 4 games Ortiz will be out. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    DH? Varitek should have been DFA weeks ago and replaced by Lavernway. Inepstein continues to let the verteran flounder while the young gun is tearing up the minor leagues. Drivel like this makes this thread a joke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Finally, boomer decides to talk about an actual player.  Imagine that.  If he's hitting that good, let him DH for the 3 or 4 games Ortiz will be out. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

I don't get the animosity towards me or this thread. Hopefully you are just having a bad day. I've always considered you a good poster.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, I enjoy reading about where guys went to ballgames etc.  It makes it more 'realistic' and not as sterile as some people want it. Once upon a time, I doubted whether Ellsbury was as good as he's been showing.  Boy, was I wrong. I am deathly afraid of the pitching situation.  Hopefully, some of the injuries are somewhat exaggerated by the front office in order to keep things fresh in september. It certainly looks like Reddick is coming of age...hope so.
    Posted by ampoule[/QUOTE]

Amp, as much as Jacoby's higher OBP is what we all hoped for, his fielding has improved as well. I have still seen a few slow breaks and wrong angles, but way less than the past 2-3 years. His fielding numbers/metrics bear this out as well. Very pleasant surprise all around!

I think Beckett and Lester will be fine. Buch's injury may be problematic.
    Theo's loading up on 6th starters has paid off well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, Lavarnway is 3 for 3 today so far with a walk also. He's hitting .373 so far in over 100 AAA ab with 8 HR and an OPS well over 1,100. The guy is a Northern Maine MOOSE ( that's big where I come from!). He keeps putting up great numbers, including OBP. He's not a big power, low average guy like Cameron. Every day which goes by seems to be vaulting this young man onto the 40 man roster, with probably a mlb call up in September. We are going to see this kid soon. If he is as good a bat as I think we may not care if Papi comes back.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

wish he could play right field!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Amp, good to hear from you. BTW, there is another poster (I assume, since I can't see you having multiple identities like some of our friends here) with your same avatar; don't remember the name. I have always liked Ellsbury ( had a few "discussions" with Softy about him in fact) and thought he brought a dimension that we very rarely see in a Red Sox uniform. And I thought his power would improve as he got more experience. But his improvement this year, especially after his wasted 2010 season, has been the second biggest catalyst ( Behind AGon obviously) for the major's best offense, and it has exceeded my best expectations. His all-star selection was well deserved and he's quickly putting himself into the mega-rich category of MLB players.

Boom, NESN televised a PawSox game on Thursday and I watched Lavarnway for the first time. Unfortunately he laid an egg in his prime time debut, but his numbers certainly are eye-popping. Salty has had two poor games himself coming off the AS break, but he and Tek are giving us just what we need; above league average offense and defense and below average salary. Obviously, Lavarnway will play into the low-cost category for years to come.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : DH? Varitek should have been DFA weeks ago and replaced by Lavernway. Inepstein continues to let the verteran flounder while the young gun is tearing up the minor leagues. Drivel like this makes this thread a joke.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]
    Varitek is doing better than he has for 4 years offensively and Beckett would implode without him apparantely. He's going nowhere. You don't just call up a 22 year old in a pennant race and thrust him into half of you're games replacing the team captain of six years.