A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III:
    [QUOTE]was he hurt? or was he drunk...:-)
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]We should stop that stuff. Wake has a gut, was he there? How about Lester with his year of sub-par command and some real stinkers in September. Nobody real knows all the circumstances and while a very symbolically bad moment if it happened, it is white noise compared to many other things that went wrong with this team down the stretch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

he was one pitch, one out from the WC playoff...think about that as we think about things after the fact. And that's how we are looking at this. Remember, this is the same type of thinking that was applied on Manny, that he was a failure and "cancer" his final year as a Sox, but in reality performed certainly well enough on the field, a lot better than anything CC put together as a comparison. We hear everything after things go wrong, and it's suddenly "so obvious." Francona I thought managed well the final game--let Lester get out of the jam, rather than go to Young's choice-Albers (yikes, I think harness has a point about C.Y.). He used Aceves, Bard and Papelbon had 2 Ks and no one on base with a 3-2 lead in the 9th...the 20th loss was a win, and it went to pieces like the team's entire month...laying it on the manager like you are, is kind of agreeing after the fact that he failed. The SPs failed, the relievers failed, the clubhouse? well, he had to do something, and didn't, and neither did his team or captains or veterans ever call a POY meeting--I even blame Wakefield on this one--Someone should have called a Players Only Meeting...never happened.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I have a right to give him a B-, his offense led the Majors for one thing. His road offense led the Majors in homers. One month after 4 great months doesn't take away entirely his work as a manager. He says what he says, but I'm trying to see what he could have done other than suspend guys he thought didn't have the team's best interest, and then how do you do that if the Player's Union overlooking managerial decisions about off-the-field conduct.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This team was pretty good on paper, even without Buch and Dice. Winning only 90 games is not a plus for Tito.I like the guy, but this year he gets a C or C- in my book.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : This accurately sums it up. He's a child, and children can't be held accountable for their actions. He's a rags-to-riches blowhard. He say "put up or shut up" - then runs away from his bogus financial reward. Come the time, with all looking on, I'm gonna shove the very statement he is too cowardly to own up to right down his big mouth. It is a shame this great thread ended like this. Out of respect to Moon , I'll keep this crap on this thread this year. If the child in denial  puts his money where he bloviates , it'll end here. Otherwise, I'll pick the future time to expose him for what he really is. Moon and CO enjoy the GM stuff, so I won't extend this to the new Realistic thread this winter. Moon : You know how it is when stuff like this goes over the top. Ya can't walk away from it. You, I, and Rame know this all too well. "Put up or shut up" goes way over the line with me: regardless of the author or how it's escalated. BTW: I agree with your grades, except for one. I think Youk deserved better. I think his numbers should be seen for their own merit, not how they compare to his better years. The guy was in a ton of pain and probably exceeded expectation in that regard.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

For the record, I was going to just walk away, and may still do that before we are done, because WHO NEEDS THIS BS. Who needs a constant argument for more than a week. Who needs this massive waste of time, constant distortion of my positions...etc. I really do have other things to do, and can move on without difficulty. Until a few minutes ago that is what I was planning to do. No further response at all. It's impacting Moon's threads. I tried earlier to give them the last word. They wouldn't stop. What else could I do if I didn't want to keep ruining Moon's thread? The honorable thing to do was just leave. I can do that. I'd prefer not to but I'm not going to continue arguing for weeks on end.

Harness says I wished Softy would die. I really do not remember ever doing that. If someone accused any of you of such a thing, how would any of you react? Think about that. How would you react?

I chose to say prove it because I don't remember doing it. I encouraged everyone here to prove it. I even asked Softy to prove it as he was allegedly involved. I asked Burrito to prove it as he said he commented on it but he didn't remember if i did it or not. What more can I do? 

Harness alluded earlier yesterday that he had something on me but was waiting for the right time to use it to expitch and then Wink. How would you react? I said, if you have something use it now. I was tired of the innuendo. If it is the softy statement let's have at it. If he dug through 9000 posts and found something else ( who among us hasn't said something bad in 9000 posts ) I said say it now. 

If I said it, prove it harness. I even opened up my file and left it open all week for you two low lifes to go through it on a fishing expedition. If I said it so be it as Softy has been as big a pain in the rear as anyone here ( Softy - feel free to prove it yourself! ). But prove it harness if you are going to accuse me of it.

Is there suspicion of me at this point due to all the accusations basically from one person? YES. Is this an accurate Bautista allegory, impliying that my comments about Bautista and sportswriters is comparable? NO. I didn't start the Bautista suspicion by any stretch of the imagination. I commented on the existence of suspicion in the minds of sportswriters and how it might affect the MVP vote and then proved that the suspicion was there. The Bautista situation had a lot of indicators and I had no involvement in starting it. Big difference.

So if Harness the self appointed moderator, butt kissing suck up of this forum, has something he would like to quote me on after his extensive research HAVE AT IT. Go ahead and PROVE IT. Until then I am done with this discussion and if it means leaving the forum over it that's ok. Arguing with dummies only brings one down to their level. It isn't worth it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]was he hurt? or was he drunk...:-)
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

R we talkin' Beckett? or Henry?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

No offense to anyone else here. I hope you enjoy the forum and I will not allow this to continue one way or the other. Personally, I think the starting pitching just tanked and that was almost all the problem. We needed to stop the bleeding and we couldn't as we got caught in a position where we had no one to go to. Bedard wasn't bad but he got hurt. Beckett got hurt. Lester was having problems. We couldn't trot anyone out there who could be the stopper and it got out of hand. Tito was probably tired of the stress and he needed some time off anyway. I don't think they would have necessarily fired him but he needed a break. He has a heart condition doesn't he? He did a great job considering all the stress he has been under.

I think both Theo and Tito were great overall but sometimes things need to change even when excellent people are involved. It happens all the time in life and it's no big deal. Tito's next contract will be a big one IMO. He's a quality big market manager. And Theo is the workoholic wonderkind who is capable of turning a franchise around almost by himself. He benefitted from a lot of money but he put us in the playoffs year after year and gave us a chance to win. best of luck to both of them if both of them end up going.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If Theo goes, I wonder who would take his place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]If Theo goes, I wonder who would take his place.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

It is tough to see isn't it. I really like what Theo has done but it may be that a change in that area is warranted also. I would hope not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]I bet they go with Ben. I don't think the owners are half as inflamed with Theo as the Nation and the media. They were in on the big FA signings and they understand the risks better than we all do. It keeps the rest of the FO talent pool from being pouched as much by Epstein and it costs a lot less money than hiring a big name GM.

Lucchino will probably lobby for a more old school guy but I think Henry leans towards SABR guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How about Larry takes over the GM job?

Some think he was behind the Schil trade, Papi signing and Beckett trade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : For the record, I was going to just walk away, and may still do that before we are done, because WHO NEEDS THIS BS. Who needs a constant argument for more than a week. Who needs this massive waste of time, constant distortion of my positions...etc. I really do have other things to do, and can move on without difficulty. Until a few minutes ago that is what I was planning to do. No further response at all. It's impacting Moon's threads. I tried earlier to give them the last word. They wouldn't stop. What else could I do if I didn't want to keep ruining Moon's thread? The honorable thing to do was just leave.

And yet you again show how honorable you are. You change UR mind every few minutes because you're an emotional basket-case.

Harness says I wished Softy would die. I really do not remember ever doing that. If someone accused any of you of such a thing, how would any of you react
    ? Think about that. How would you react?

Why don't you ask the players you constantly accuse of PED use.
    You never have any proof at all. Just slander.
    I have the goods, fool. See the difference
    ?

I chose to say prove it because I don't remember doing it. I encouraged everyone here to prove it.

Yet you never again mentioned "financial reward". I offer you a $500.00 wager. Did you respond?

I even asked Softy to prove it as he was allegedly involved

Softy hasn't been posting here since this started, fool. What do you think he would say, knowing you as he does.

If I said it, prove it harness. I even opened up my file and left it open all week for you two low lifes to go through it on a fishing expedition.

And I said I'll bet you $500.00. Put up or shut-up
    I don't need your files. I know where and when it was said. And if you think you can go back and edit or delete it, try again. Your efforts would now be futile.

If I said it so be it as Softy has been as big a pain in the rear as anyone here ( Softy - feel free to prove it yourself! ). But prove it harness if you are going to accuse me of it

Softy being a pain doesn't justify you being in denial - about how emotionally imbalanced you are. You have gone way over the line, and now it's gonna cost.

$500.00 says you are so emotionally fragile, you wished a fellow poster would die on a public forum. Man up  to it.

Go ahead and PROVE IT. Until then I am done with this discussion and if it means leaving the forum over it that's ok
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. "done with the discussion. leaving the forum". Blah Blah Blah.    You're a loud-mouthed, gutless weasle.
    Put up or shut little boy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Why, Tito of course.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. " done with the discussion . leaving the forum". Blah Blah Blah.    You're a loud-mouthed, gutless weasle . Put up or shut little boy .

I'm still waiting Harness for a SHRED OF EVIDENCE! 

I believe the burden of proof is with you and I've basically asked you and anyone else here to prove it now maybe 10 times? Does it take more than 10 times for it to get through to you? Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Do I have to come over there harness and show you how to type on the keyboard myself Harness? 

If you have something...PROVE IT AAA - HOLE!

And you wonder why I lose patience with you guys. Why I lose my temper. I've done everything except insult your mother trying to get you to put up or shut up. If you don't have proof shut up about it. If you won't shut up anyway I have no choice but to leave or I end up ruining it for everyone else. 

I hope everyone here sees what a gutless, suck up wonder you are. It's all politics but when friendship is warranted you are nowhere in sight. You wanted to suck up to your new BFF, even when I proved he was basically practicing his fiction here, and you stood by and called him your new appointed "rookie of the year". So much for doing the right thing. That's ok. So be it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

You've got until tomorrow morning Harness. I'm gone anyway. I just want to make it absolutely clear I'm not running. I would be as ignorant as you to want to participate in this further.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : For the record, I was going to just walk away, and may still do that before we are done, because WHO NEEDS THIS BS. Who needs a constant argument for more than a week. Who needs this massive waste of time, constant distortion of my positions...etc. I really do have other things to do, and can move on without difficulty. Until a few minutes ago that is what I was planning to do. No further response at all. It's impacting Moon's threads. I tried earlier to give them the last word. They wouldn't stop. What else could I do if I didn't want to keep ruining Moon's thread? The honorable thing to do was just leave. I can do that. I'd prefer not to but I'm not going to continue arguing for weeks on end. Harness says I wished Softy would die. I really do not remember ever doing that. If someone accused any of you of such a thing, how would any of you react? Think about that. How would you react? I chose to say prove it because I don't remember doing it. I encouraged everyone here to prove it. I even asked Softy to prove it as he was allegedly involved. I asked Burrito to prove it as he said he commented on it but he didn't remember if i did it or not. What more can I do?  Harness alluded earlier yesterday that he had something on me but was waiting for the right time to use it to expitch and then  . How would you react? I said, if you have something use it now. I was tired of the innuendo. If it is the softy statement let's have at it. If he dug through 9000 posts and found something else ( who among us hasn't said something bad in 9000 posts ) I said say it now.  If I said it, prove it harness. I even opened up my file and left it open all week for you two low lifes to go through it on a fishing expedition. If I said it so be it as Softy has been as big a pain in the rear as anyone here ( Softy - feel free to prove it yourself! ). But prove it harness if you are going to accuse me of it. Is there suspicion of me at this point due to all the accusations basically from one person? YES. Is this an accurate Bautista allegory, impliying that my comments about Bautista and sportswriters is comparable? NO. I didn't start the Bautista suspicion by any stretch of the imagination. I commented on the existence of suspicion in the minds of sportswriters and how it might affect the MVP vote and then proved that the suspicion was there. The Bautista situation had a lot of indicators and I had no involvement in starting it. Big difference. So if Harness the self appointed moderator, butt kissing suck up of this forum, has something he would like to quote me on after his extensive research HAVE AT IT. Go ahead and PROVE IT. Until then I am done with this discussion and if it means leaving the forum over it that's ok. Arguing with dummies only brings one down to their level. It isn't worth it.
    For the record, I have not been involved in the dispute about what Boom said in relation to Softy, and thus have no reason to go through his file for evidence on the topic. If Boom was paying attention, he would know this. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III : R we talkin' Beckett? or Henry?

a ha...i like that...very interesting (laugh-in)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

You are the only one who has issues with EX-P.

Hey H
    I think Ex-P has many negative qualities, the main one writing drivel just to be argumentative.  Like Softy he just takes the contrarian stance and goes forever with it.

I had him on block during the year because I found his posts tiresome.

In the past H, if you and I disagreed on a topic but I saw an article that showed I was wrong I would post it.  Honor amongst thievesInnocent

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]You are the only one who has issues with EX-P . Hey H I think Ex-P has many negative qualities, the main one writing drivel just to be argumentative.  Like Softy he just takes the contrarian stance and goes forever with it. I had him on block during the year because I found his posts tiresome.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

O.K. Tom. Fair enough. I pulled a Boom when I alluded to him as a voice for all.
    Let me re-phrase it. I don't see much evidence of posters who have an issue with him. I see respected posters flocking to his threads and they comment about his insightful nature.

There are always gonna be personality conflicts. I can tell you that I have had two or three discussions with EX-P that could have gotten out of hand, mainly because either of us could have jumped to conclusions.

Ex-P IMO is a perfectionist, and that can rub on some nerves.
    But playing contrarian is a great way to see both sides.
    At the same time, he has a unique way of defining areas that suddenly become non-conventional.
    I think if we judge people too quickly, we lose out sometimes.
    I like how he thinks outside the box.
    He can take an issue to a place where numbers can't adequately go.

I don't come here to listen to surface talk, and I'm willing to go through a few skirmishes in order to get to the meat of what a poster knows.
    But that's just me. We all have our reasons for being here.
    This board can be a very revealing place.

Boom and I are at war right now. That doesn't change what he has been.
    Boom was the first poster I called friend. Admittedly, we never got into anything really  steep for a long time. Several posters I respect and befriend, I've had a real issue with at one time or another. Boom is likeable because he can be personable, perhaps moreso than EX-P. But offering a quick smile and a friendly handshake doesn't reveal what's below the surface.

And if it sounds like I'm saying Boom has a real ugly side, I can say the same for plenty here, including myself. I have a pretty good idea as to what EX-P knows, and it's quite surmountable. In fact, it can be intimidating. Those who see him as a first year guy with 6-700 posts will under-estimate him.
    I think the more time one posts here, the more comfortable they become as to just what they will share with others.

FWIW, I enjoy UR take. You make me think and you back UR take.
    But UR right in calling me out for speaking for others. That was my bad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]You are the only one who has issues with EX-P . Hey H I think Ex-P has many negative qualities, the main one writing drivel just to be argumentative.  Like Softy he just takes the contrarian stance and goes forever with it. I had him on block during the year because I found his posts tiresome. In the past H, if you and I disagreed on a topic but I saw an article that showed I was wrong I would post it.  Honor amongst thieves
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Exactly as I found him. Nit picking a tiny point I made which was an accurate statement even. Then arguing about it for 10 pages of posts. Exactly as I found him to be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Harness, it's morning now and since "you have the goods" on me I'm still waiting to see them. You threaten to post them on the highest visibility location, at just the right time Wink and I asked you at least 10 times to prove it and all we hear is ....

Crickets.

For the record, I think you are confused and "the goods" are not there. Since you have now slandered me to the max and even demanded that I put up a $500 bet to clear my name, I think you owe us all the proof you say you have. I don't think I said it. And you don't either or you would have posted it by now.

I am taking a leave but I will come back any time I want to. I will not be bullied off this site. I just grow weary of discussions which go on forever over nothing, with people who can't back up their arguments. It is time wasted for all of us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Boom, I wish you well and understand your frustration. We all have gone through similar unpleasant times.

I value your posts on baseball, especially our prospects. I'll miss you. 

Come back refreshed and with a clean slate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Harness, it's morning now and since "you have the goods" on me I'm still waiting to see them. You threaten to post them on the highest visibility location, at just the right time   and I asked you at least 10 times to prove it and all we hear is .... Crickets. For the record, I think you are confused and "the goods" are not there. Since you have now slandered me to the max and even demanded that I put up a $500 bet to clear my name, I think you owe us all the proof you say you have. I don't think I said it. And you don't either or you would have posted it by now. I am taking a leave but I will come back any time I want to. I will not be bullied off this site. I just grow weary of discussions which go on forever over nothing, with people who can't back up their arguments. It is time wasted for all of us.

"Slander"    "Clear my name"

My my my. Funny hearing this from you. What's the matter? Don't you care for the taste of your own medicine? Isn't this what you have done to players with your pathetic finger-pointing? This board serves as a place where you can exorcize your own demons. To revert back to care-free days of UR childhood where you think you don't have to be held accountable for your actions.

You have got to be totally ignorant or completely blind not to know what this is all about. You think it's about the statement? Any fool who disappears twice when it's brought up shows his true colors
    The childish threats to leave the room.
    The infantile emotional swings.
    Coming apart like cheap thread w/o the statement even being posted. 
    Initiating gutter talk.
    "Special Olymics"
    Going from complete denial to "I don't recall" to "Softy can really...".

It's not about the statement - anymore than it's about Bautista. It's about you and being held accountable for UR erratic actions. It's about slander and blackening reputations...and using maggot-infested hack writers to try and justify UR actions, claiming them as facts of suspicion". It's all about UR sick need to make unproven accusations.

You know why Softy really gets under UR skin - to the point of a death wish?
    Because he makes finger-pointing and slander an art form with his demented Wastefield and Inepstein slurs. And you see UR rotten side in him. Makes me wonder who the statement was really directed toward.

Now you've gotten a taste of what the victims of such slurs endure. It's not about their innocence or guilt. It's all about the extremes to which low-lifes will go, and   publicly try and hurt them with groundless proof. And every time you make them a target, you will see a mirrored image. And I'll do my best to ensure it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

[QUOTE]Harness, it's morning now and since "you have the goods" on me I'm still waiting to see them. You threaten to post them on the highest visibility location, at just the right time   and I asked you at least 10 times to prove it and all we hear is .... Crickets. For the record, I think you are confused and "the goods" are not there. Since you have now slandered me to the max and even demanded that I put up a $500 bet to clear my name, I think you owe us all the proof you say you have. I don't think I said it. And you don't either or you would have posted it by now. I am taking a leave but I will come back any time I want to. I will not be bullied off this site. I just grow weary of discussions which go on forever over nothing, with people who can't back up their arguments. It is time wasted for all of us.

We'll all miss you.

Well, maybe not.

Actually...  no, most of us won't miss you at all.

Sections
Shortcuts