A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III

Let me go one further. Even if it were 1.5 years of control versus .5 years of control, which it's not per the LA Times and Cot's Baseball contracts, I still wouldn't trade a lower cost Ellsbury for a higher cost Kemp, throwing us over the Luxury tax limit.

.5 year of control versus 1.5 years of control still wouldn't be worth it. But it's a moot point anyway, isn't it mr. "I'm perfect in my own mind".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Softy, are you saying that Kemp still has an arbitration year left after his current contract? I'm now seeing the service time as 4.049 which implies that there may be another year involved if that is up to date info and if so I stand corrected. I'd apologize if you warranted it at all. I'll look into it and see if that is the case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

All right, I was wrong:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I still wouldn't trade 2.5 years of Ellsbury control for 1.5 years of Kemp control. Kemp has a career -12.1 UZR/150 in CF, compared to Ellsbury's career plus 3.9 in CF. They both have exactly the same WAR value this year. I still wouldn't do the deal even straight up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LaMonster. Show LaMonster's posts

How do you know how many strikes you have on you, if there is no Umpire? How do you know if your ball is in play, or if you’re even in the batter’s box? There was no Ump to brush off my plate, and it piled high with dirt. I was taking one high ball after another, but I couldn’t walk.

From LaMonster: A Steroid Romance. First 714 downloads of this novel in nine innings are free, at

http://www.lulu.com/browse/search.php?fListingClass=0&fSearch=tom+scanlon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2011: Part III:
    [QUOTE]How do you know how many strikes you have on you, if there is no Umpire? How do you know if your ball is in play, or if you’re even in the batter’s box? There was no Ump to brush off my plate, and it piled high with dirt. I was taking one high ball after another, but I couldn’t walk. From LaMonster: A Steroid Romance . First 714 downloads of this novel in nine innings are free , at   http://www.lulu.com/browse/search.php?fListingClass=0&fSearch=tom+scanlon .  
    Posted by LaMonster[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Wasn't Kemp in Torre's doghouse last year?
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]He had an off year last year which included a number of mental lapses, not just simply not hitting well..  But it wasn't just Torre. Ned Colletti in a break with most accepted conventions of player/management relations accused Kemp on LA talk road shows of "milking" his extended contract.  It was very out in the open for that sort of thing. It certainly is in the rear view mirror for the moment

Now maybe its a negotiating tactic BUT the Dodgers FO has been reported as not interested in moving Kemp or Ethier. There are a lot of reasons why the baseball ops people wouldn't want to trade off Kemp right now, lots of reasons why MLB would not want the Dodgers to sell off Kemp right now and reasons why even Frank would not want to trade Kemp right now.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Maybe the talk about trading Ellsbury is a good diversionary tactic to avoid discussing:

88 of 89 games played

.314/.374/.490/.864 62 R 48 RBI 11 HR 28 SB and a 2011 UZR of 8.0?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe the talk about trading Ellsbury is a good diversionary tactic to avoid discussing: 88 of 89 games played .314/.374/.490/.864 62 R 48 RBI 11 HR 28 SB and a 2011 UZR of 8.0?
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Nail meet hammer. Jake has become the lead-off hitter the team has needed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Let's not be attacking Softy since Harness believes that he is a unifying force in the BDC Forum. Softy makes himself a target and everyone comes here to attack his racism, staged attacks on Jake and Jed and half the team and staged right wing ultra-conservative politics. He also hates women and is contrary to whatever is the norm. According to Harness, Softy is a forum hero since he makes himself a target and the forum loves to attack or read his rants. Harness wants traffic and cares not about forum quality. My guess is that Harness and Burrito are the same person. Lonely old men who want quantity at the expense of quality on this forum. Wake up and realize the obvious. Ignore the staged phony contrarians and devil's advocates. Walk your dog and find another hobby or pasttime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

moonslav59 sent me a personal message this morning, he was concerned about this thread possibly falling to the wayside without his stewardship (as he is on vacation).

I just want you to know I will be monitoring the thread on his behalf and as I am not as schooled in stats as moon I can only offer to *bump* the thread when needed so as to keep it relevant.

I am here for you all if you need me.

Thanks,

BurritoT

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I see the lice will play when the cat's away.
    Pike, you really need UR own shrink's couch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not be attacking Softy since Harness believes that he is a unifying force in the BDC Forum. Softy makes himself a target and everyone comes here to attack his racism, staged attacks on Jake and Jed and half the team and staged right wing ultra-conservative politics. He also hates women and is contrary to whatever is the norm. According to Harness, Softy is a forum hero since he makes himself a target and the forum loves to attack or read his rants. Harness wants traffic and cares not about forum quality. My guess is that Harness and Burrito are the same person. Lonely old men who want quantity at the expense of quality on this forum. Wake up and realize the obvious. Ignore the staged phony contrarians and devil's advocates. Walk your dog and find another hobby or pasttime.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Right, Moonslav sending a message to Burrito. Now that is funny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

and it was meant to be funny, instead I am associated with lice.... nice. Hey it rhymes.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe the talk about trading Ellsbury is a good diversionary tactic to avoid discussing: 88 of 89 games played .314/.374/.490/.864 62 R 48 RBI 11 HR 28 SB and a 2011 UZR of 8.0?
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Katz, I don't mean to nit pick but his UZR/150 this year is currently Plus 15.8. His career UZR/150 is around 8.00+. Most of us have time to only skim this stuff. No problem.

As we both know, trading Ellsbury doesn't just take a solid bat out of the lineup. It also removes a good defensive CF out as well as an excellent lead off hitter. To be replaced by Crawford or Scutaro in the lead off slot? I don't think so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Jake to FLA. (Not a prediction, but Hanley will be traded soon) Now Jake to LA. (Not a prediction, but I'll take Kemp over Jake) Hall over Lowrie. (Yes, Hall as the UIF/OF"er, Lowrie sold high before break down) Redsox won't pursue CC. (CC will remain with the Yankees or go back West, though I never said the Red Sox wouldnt "pursue him" because if it's absurd thinking on your part. CC has zero interest in the Red Sox and the Yankees always win on any player who wants top dollar)  Try to get this thru UR thick skull: The RedSox don't have the pieces or the desire to attain or over-pay for Kemp. The Red Sox most certainly do have the pieces to get Kemp, who is exactly the OF profile they have needed since 2008. As for the desire, they may be as stupid as you are and not have "the desire". Waiting until 2013 isn't a solution to a current and future void. It's not a prediction, it's a shot over the bow of our dumb GM. The Dodgers have a commodity they will likely shop. They too would be foolish to pay for Kemp's services given their situation. True. You guaranteed that AGon would be in San Diego this spring. The entire board refused to admit that it was a certainty that AGon would be fire sold this winter and the Red Sox had the parts to outbid the teams I listed who would bid. The only reason I said "at least 50/50" to the Red Sox was because of the extension demands which almost ended this deal and exposed Theo for waiting until weeks into the season to see if AGon was fit. AGon could have made him pay for his hedge on the risk, but AGon has better character than Theo. Theo failed to do anything about the young future RH OF"er, signing Crawford and keeping Ellsbury. He needs to do something about it. There are a few on here, Slomag and Burrito who see the writing on the wall on the void in the OF. To claim that "being right" is the motive belies the obvious reality of the Red Sox OF. The reality is that it should be clear that diving in dumpsters for Francouer is not a solution.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]
    first of all you say theo is dumb but he is the G.M. and you are a message board cowboy who keeps getting kicked off a message board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not be attacking Softy since Harness believes that he is a unifying force in the BDC Forum. Softy makes himself a target and everyone comes here to attack his racism, staged attacks on Jake and Jed and half the team and staged right wing ultra-conservative politics. He also hates women and is contrary to whatever is the norm. According to Harness, Softy is a forum hero since he makes himself a target and the forum loves to attack or read his rants. Harness wants traffic and cares not about forum quality. My guess is that Harness and Burrito are the same person. Lonely old men who want quantity at the expense of quality on this forum. Wake up and realize the obvious. Ignore the staged phony contrarians and devil's advocates. Walk your dog and find another hobby or pasttime.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't think Softy is staging anything. It's quintessential narcissism.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Katz keeps berating Burrito and Harness keeps enabling the fools.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]and it was meant to be funny, instead I am associated with lice.... nice. Hey it rhymes.  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

The comment was really directed toward Pike. But your rant in your last thread - the one with 5 title changes - qualifies you.

Now, do we ruin this thread too?
    Do we give into Pike's psychosis?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I must be reading the posts too fast again, I don't see fivekatz slighting me. Truthfully I have the upmost respect for katz and moon... and having said that I shall leave this thread to its sole purpose - baseball.

p.s. If anyone in this thread needs me I will be outside ... thanks.