A Realistic look at 2012: Part I

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I

It will be interesting to see how Lavarnway's bat plays. He could have as much impact offensively as Pedroia. Maybe even more. We do not know how he will do of course but the numbers indicate a high OPS, high OBP run producer.

Look at his wRC+ in his last 4 stops in the minors:

He was over 37% more effective at producing runs at every stop than the average guy in his league and he finished at 71% higher last year in AAA. The guy is a run producer. He gets on base. He drives in runs. Those are Pujols type numbers, admittedly in the minors, but any reasonable projection for Lavarnway is as a middle of the order type bat. He probably bats 6th or 7th for us even in his first year if he plays much at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I:
    It will be interesting to see how Lavarnway's bat plays. He could have as much impact offensively as Pedroia. Maybe even more. We do not know how he will do of course but the numbers indicate a high OPS, high OBP run producer. Look at his wRC+ in his last 4 stops in the minors: 145 142 137 171 He was over 37% more effective at producing runs at every stop than the average guy in his league and he finished at 71% higher last year in AAA. The guy is a run producer. He gets on base. He drives in runs. Those are Pujols type numbers, admittedly in the minors, but any reasonable projection for Lavarnway is as a middle of the order type bat. He probably bats 6th or 7th for us even in his first year if he plays much at all.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

The writing is on the wall, with Cherington in, he's not going to commit to free agents, even ours, as Larry stated. Lavarnway will play, and play a lot. Papi is gone, too old, too expensive and no upside, he's not going up, he's going down.
    Paps is gone too. The odds say he's not likely to stay at his current level. Let's not forget, we finished in 3rd place, with these guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think we will give Lava the DH job. If it doesn't work out, finding a DH is easier than finding other positions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

I think we will give Lava the DH job. If it doesn't work out, finding a DH is easier than finding other positions.
    Posted by moonslav59

Exactly. But Lava will work. Earlier this year I watched Lava high lights from Pawsox.com, after hitting one straight away CF, high up on the roof, the broadcaster said, "If I didn't see it, I wouldn't have believed it!" The kid can rake.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

But f Lava has one unproductive month with hitting HRs then Youkillus will be here to bash him as he did last season with  Adrian. He loves to come here and start threads that bring attention to himself. A symptom of a closet troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hope you are right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

But f Lava has one unproductive month with hitting HRs then Youkillus will be here to bash him as he did last season with  Adrian. He loves to come here and start threads that bring attention to himself. A symptom of a closet troll.
    Posted by Rutland76

Another sympton of a troll is a poster with a short one month posting history, and a collective long term board history recall. So who were you last month, when I was still YOUKILLUS20? I reject your premise that I bashed Adrian, I questioned if he needed a day off to rest his recovering shoulder, the same shoulder being blamed by many for his big drop off in September.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think pike is on skype speaking with Gandalf and asking him to turn you into stone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

So many posters here that have a connection with " Lord of the Rings". Is it a coincidence or are they the same person.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

I think pike is on skype speaking with Gandalf and asking him to turn you into stone.
    Posted by BurritoT

HaHa. You know I used to love to listen to IMUS in the Morning. But I always hated his inspection of the media, and the goings on at XYZ network. It just wasn't interesting, it's the same way I see PIKE and his two cents on the posters.
     I want to read MOON, but I don't want to read Pike's synopsis of MOON, it's flat out BORING.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I :  HaHa. You know I used to love to listen to IMUS in the Morning. But I always hated his inspection of the media, and the goings on at XYZ network. It just wasn't interesting, it's the same way I see PIKE and his two cents on the posters.  I want to read MOON, but I don't want to read Pike's synopsis of MOON, it's flat out BORING.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Moon started and fed the thread "No Manny , No Rings" in order to generate traffic into the forum. Any intelligent fool could figure that out. Everyone knew that Manny was a great hitter and a despicable person. The thread should have lasted one day if the forum had intelligent posters. It was much ado about nothing. Pure BS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I : Moon started and fed the thread "No Manny , No Rings" in order to generate traffic into the forum. Any intelligent fool could figure that out. Everyone knew that Manny was a great hitter and a despicable person. The thread should have lasted one day if the forum had intelligent posters. It was much ado about nothing. Pure BS.
    Posted by Rutland76

In your world, the forum would be brief headlines that state the point, a point that ought not to be argued or dissected. You'd be a great fascist.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Manny apologized for his despicable behavior on his last trip into Boston. Shouldn't that render that thread as being useless in retrospect? The smart posters were those who agreed that Manny was a cancer on the team and needed to go. Yet Moonslav milked the thread for months. WHY?? I loved Manny as a player and despised him as a person. Why can't others make the distinction? It really isn't that difficult. Not rocket science.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Manny apologized for his despicable behavior on his last trip into Boston. Shouldn't that render that thread as being useless in retrospect? The smart posters were those who agreed that Manny was a cancer on the team and needed to go. Yet Moonslav milked the thread for months. WHY?? I loved Manny as a player and despised him as a person. Why can't others make the distinction? It really isn't that difficult. Not rocket science.
    Posted by Rutland76

And it's not Rocket Surgery for you to fess up up to your personnas, tell the truth, and then your critiques can be taken seriously, until then, you are full of sound and fury, signifying....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Sorry Moon. Back on track now. BTW, Jim Thome is going to lobby Cuddyer to join him in Philly...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Manny just called me and asked if I would go to his grandmother's third funeral and I  said yes. I will be back in a few days.  Manny was a great hitter however and was vital in our winning two WS Rings. You can't take that away from him. He also brought in profits to Mass General's MRI room. Have a good night. Buenos Naches.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon started and fed the thread "No Manny , No Rings" in order to generate traffic into the forum. Any intelligent fool could figure that out.

I guess this proves your idiocy then.

Everyone knew that Manny was a great hitter and a despicable person.

If you actually read the thread, you'd see many posters were trying to make it look like Manny was just a small part of the two teams that won the rings. The thread was from the heart, but was misunderstood by several posters, including morons like you.

The thread should have lasted one day if the forum had intelligent posters. It was much ado about nothing. Pure BS.

So, why are you keeping this going on and on now? You are doing what you said I was doing... keeping it going and going and going...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And, here you are again, keeping it going and going...

Who's the passive agressive troll in this picture?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Manny just called me and asked if I would go to his grandmother's third funeral and I  said yes. I will be back in a few days.  Manny was a great hitter however and was vital in our winning two WS Rings. You can't take that away from him. He also brought in profits to Mass General's MRI room. Have a good night. Buenos Naches.
    Posted by Rutland76

See! You are proving my point. You were probably one of the idiots back on that thread that kept it going on and on with your idiocy... just like now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sorry Moon. Back on track now. BTW, Jim Thome is going to lobby Cuddyer to join him in Philly...
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Thome got just $1.25M for 15 HRs and 50 RBIs in just 324 PAs (.838 OPS).

That projects to 30 HRs and 100 RBIs in 648 PAs.

Now, what is Papi worth?

29 HRs and 96 RBIs in 605 PAs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Manny was the best hitter PEDs could buy. A 2 time loser in the PED user of the month contest. Trying to mask it with some feminine hormone medicine or something like that. HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?

And it was a complete surprise to many of us right? It just shows that some guys got away with it for 10 or more years. Some guys probably never did get caught. Some guys are highly likely to still be doing it. It's a reality in mlb. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The way Manny worked out so hard, I really didn't think he used. I was fooled. I was shown to be wrong.

It's too bad his antics now give our rings the perception of being tainted.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Posted by Rutland76

Yeah, and convicted child molesters say they're sorry too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Manny was tested for steroids from 2004 until exit to Dodgers. Obviously, he was getting old and needed that Dodger contract and steroid juiced after 2007 in 2008 contract year. No evidence at all that Manny was on steroids with 2004 and 2007 Red Sox. In fact, all evidence is that he was not. 

MLBPA is tainted by refusal to allow HGH testing. No true Red Sox fan claims titles are tainted by Manny post-Red Sox test failures. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The way Manny worked out so hard, I really didn't think he used. I was fooled. I was shown to be wrong. It's too bad his antics now give our rings the perception of being tainted.
    Posted by moonslav59

Unfortunately there are probably other players pulling a Manny right now and getting away with it. Guys whose reputations are currently spotless and guys already under suspicion. i just wish the whole issue never existed.

Sections
Shortcuts