A Realistic look at 2012: Part I

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I

I wish I could have listed more, but I did welcome write-ins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

poor moon, makes a simple thread and gets grief from boomerfangsdotcom.

moon I voted for you just because you are an anchor for the forum, and I would guess 100% respect you here - 

Enjoy the rest of the Winter!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Thanks Burr. You and I have had a big share of differences, but it has never gone personal. I know it has between you and harness, boom and others, but I try to stay out of the way (unless mr. hanky is involved, then the gloves come off).

Some posters are a bit brash, and feathers get ruffled, but I do respect boom, especially his takes on our prospects. I have had my spats with harness as well, but as you know, we both hold some unpopular views and have teamed up several times. 

I'm fine with differing views and heated arguments, but I just wish the personal attacks could lessen, especially on this thread. I guess it goes with the territory.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

No offence, moon, but I don't think a thread about 'poster of the year' is such a great idea.  Things like that often seem to stir up hard feelings.  Maybe it would be better to have something like 'great moments on the board 2011' which would be more of an open discussion that everyone could participate in, and it would also give the opportunity to give kudos to favorite posters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

2012 Salary Numbers (based on average annual salary + bonuses of player/years)

(ARBs in Red)

Papi           $_____ ($12.5M in '11/ accepted arb offer for '12)

Salty          $_____  ($750K/ 1st Arb  out of 3 years)

Shopp        $1.35M 

AGon         $22M

Pedroia       $6.7M

Scutaro      $6M 

Aviles        $____  ($640K/ 1st Arb  out of  3 years)

Youkilis     $10.3M

Crawford   $20.3M

Ellsbury     $ _____ ($2.4M in ‘11/2nd Arb. year out of 3)

Sweeney   $_____  ($1.4M in '11/ 2nd of 3 arbs) 

Iglesias     $2.1M

Punto     $ 1.5M 

D.Mac      $____  ($470K/ 1st Arb out of 3 years) 

Kalish      $____  ($417K/no arb)

Lavarn.    $_____  ($   )

Anderson $____  ($415K/ no arb)

Exposito   $____  ($414K/no arb)

Tejada      $____  ($414K/no arb)

Beckett   $17M

Lester       $6M

Buch         $8.5M

Lackey    $16.5M

Dice-K       $8.7M

Miller        $1.04M (Nonguaranteed)

Doubront $____  ($417K/no arb)

Tazawa    $_____  ($1.1M in '11 / pre-arb '12, then 4 (?) arb yrs)

Pimental  $_____  ($414K/no arb) 

Bard          $____  ($505K/ 1st Arb out of 3 years)

Aceves      $____  ($650K/ 1st Arb of 3 years)

Jenks         $6M

Bailey       $____ ($465K in '11/1st of 3 arbs)

Melancon $_____($421M in '11/ pre-arb '12, then pre-arb or 1 of 3/4 arbs)

Albers       $1.075M

Atchison   $_____ ($454K, then pre-arb and 3 arb years)

Bowden    $____  ($417K / no arb)

Morales    $_____ ($424K/1st of 3 arbs) 

Total Signed (Avg Annual salary including bonus): $126.4M (16 players)

Plus 10 arb players

Plus 14 non-arb (pre-arb) players 

Total Signed (Avg Annual salary including bonus): $126.4M (16 players)

Plus 14 nonarb players ($14 x ~$450K= $6.3M)

New Total: $133M

Add $2 or $9M for player benefits (I can't find anything, but have heard these 2 numbers).

New Luxury Tax Total: $135M to $142M

Now the Arbs : (I admit I am not an expert on predicting arbs)

Papi ($12.5M) to  $10M-$14M depending on length of deal

Ellsb ($2.4M)  to  $8-10M (2nd of 3 arbs)

Sweeney ($1.4M) to $1.5-2.5M (2nd of 3 arbs)

Bailey  ($465K) to $1.5M-3M (1st of 3 arbs)

Salty  ($750K) to   $2-3.5M  (1st of 3)

Aceves ($650K) to $2-4M)   (1st of 3)

Bard    ($505K) to  $2-4M    (1st of 3)

Aviles   ($640) to   $1-1.25M  (1st of 3)

DMac   ($470) to    $750K-1M (1st of 3)

Morales ($424M) to $500K-750KM  (1st of 3)

Total arb cost: $29M to 43M (I'll go with about $36M)

Grand Total Luxury Tax Payroll Budget: $171-178M

Right at the limit if the player pension benefit is $9M, and ~$7M to spend if it is $2M.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Moon and crew, I hope you all had great holidays. I have been very busy with new grandchildren and caring for a sick father-in-law, so I haven't posted much lately. And I was prepared to write a very tongue-incheek lament about being left off the "poster of the year" thread, but Boom beat me to it. (Please tell me that was all tongue-in-cheek Boom).

As for baseball, I like what Ben is doing so far. I'm not a fan of doing things on the cheap, but the team has clearly overspent for a few years with nothing to show for it two years running. I think everything we need to contend this year is in place within the organization, although it may not be field-ready until midseason. I believe that Lavarnway, Iglesias, Kalish and even DiceK will all play significant roles in the upcoming season as it unfolds. Our offense was great last year in spite of down years from Crawford, Youk and whoever was in right. I anticipate improvements in all three spots this year. But we all know that it's all about the guys on the bump and I believe that new leadership and maybe a bit of embarrassment from last year (and a healthy Buchholz) will improve the starting staff which should give us the four to five extra wins we need to take the division. I've been drinking this kool-ade for over sixty years, why stop now?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I:
    Moon and crew, I hope you all had great holidays. I have been very busy with new grandchildren and caring for a sick father-in-law, so I haven't posted much lately. And I was prepared to write a very tongue-incheek lament about being left off the "poster of the year" thread, but Boom beat me to it. (Please tell me that was all tongue-in-cheek Boom).  As for baseball, I like what Ben is doing so far. I'm not a fan of doing things on the cheap, but the team has clearly overspent for a few years with nothing to show for it two years running. I think everything we need to contend this year is in place within the organization, although it may not be field-ready until midseason. I believe that Lavarnway, Iglesias, Kalish and even DiceK will all play significant roles in the upcoming season as it unfolds. Our offense was great last year in spite of down years from Crawford, Youk and whoever was in right. I anticipate improvements in all three spots this year. But we all know that it's all about the guys on the bump and I believe that new leadership and maybe a bit of embarrassment from last year (and a healthy Buchholz) will improve the starting staff which should give us the four to five extra wins we need to take the division. I've been drinking this kool-ade for over sixty years, why stop now?
    Posted by jidgef

Welcome back jid. I hope for the best with your father-in-law. I'm dealing with a similar situation with my mother-in-law. 

I'm trying to be optimistic, but am really worried about our pen, especially if Bard and Aceves move to the rotation. I'm hoping we can find a way to trade for a starter and still stay below the tax limit. If we could somehow get Gavin Floyd and Cody Ross, I'd be super-pumped up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Jid--Welcome back, happy new year, and hope your father-in- law is feeling better soon.   I think Ben is doing well too with his budget.  As time passes, it is so obvious that Crawford's contract is really handcuffing us as Moon warned us last year.  I am disappointed that someone in management couldn't forecast this situation.  I hate this conversation of Ells vs. Crawford in the future when Ells is due for his payday.  After this year, I know which one I'd want.  The whole Crawberry thing didn't work out as I hoped.  The one thing that would help is he gets turned around next year and becomes a force.  His head seemed messed up last year and maybe new coaches can help with that.  The problem is we're stuck with this contract for-- six more years?

I guess I completely missed "Poster of the Year" award.  I have no emotions about it except I'm sorry if Boom is hurt.  May I suggest a "Posseur of the Year" award--think I spelled it right--which I think is French for "faker."  I think this award might bring us together a bit as there is really only one recipient for this.  We should all agree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Crit, as critical of CC as I have been, I do think he will have a decent year in 2012, and that will be a huge plus to our offense. I also see a .080-.120 OPS gain in RF over 2011. There's room for gains at C and 3B (YOUK healthy).

Sure, there coul be losses at some positions, but I'd bet we have more gains than losses.

As for the "Poser of the Year", I could fill up all the slots allowed on a ballot with various names for mr. hanky (softy).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No offence, moon, but I don't think a thread about 'poster of the year' is such a great idea.  Things like that often seem to stir up hard feelings.  Maybe it would be better to have something like 'great moments on the board 2011' which would be more of an open discussion that everyone could participate in, and it would also give the opportunity to give kudos to favorite posters.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I agree with you but it is too bad - I took the thread as a chance to make fun of myself. A good many others took the opportunity to name other candidates and gave good reasons for that. It only takes one or two to derail any thread here and you certainly would expect a Poster of the Year thread to go bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The thread seemed to attract more Yankee fans for a while...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

On balance, I think we have a goodly majority of interesting, thoughtful posters. 

There are the glaring exceptions, of course, and sometimes it gets a tad testy and even malicious, but those instances are in the minority AND I also think that we are pretty good at policing ourselves. 

Best example is this thread, moon.  Its longevity and popularity are a testament to you and your guidance of a coterie of good, thoughful  baseball fans.

Though Yankee fans tend to avoid it.

Not a bad thing, that.

Maybe it's not "realistic" enough for them.

Suits me fine, though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

yep, you would think boomegoofy would get the fact he only participates in this thread and the thread itself only has about 7 regular posters; I am not one of them.

People stay out due to respect and lack of interest. Boobytangsdotcom thinks that he is "popular" enough that he should be on the ballot. Again we must realize that bummerangs nearly NEVER ventures from this thread. 

BOOMER you owe moon an apology. I will not ask for one even though your PED accusation azz should make one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

How many inaccuracies can you say in one post Burrito?

I have around 9000 or so posts. Does that disqualify me?

It's not about popolarity. It should be about quality. As with most elections, it's often decided by the wrong criteria.

I didn't say Bautista was using PEDS. I said SPORTSWRITERS MIGHT NOT VOTE FOR BAUTISTA IN THE MVP VOTE AS MUCH BECAUSE HE WAS SO TAINTED ( many sportswriters think he might be a PED user and have written about it extensively as I proved over and over with articles cited ). There clearly has been suspicion in the sportswriter venue for a long time. I didn't start it. I noted it's existence in the context of their MVP vote potential. That's called INSIGHT. It's valid data.

I had to argue that statement for a week when virtually all of you stood by and didn't say a thing when my statement got distorted over and over. It turns out that Ellsbury did edge him out BTW. When people distort positions like that I FOR ONE WILL STEP UP AND GIVE MY SUPPORT TO THE ONE BEING TREATED THAT WAY.

i've stated several times how much respect i have for Moon as a poster. I could list 5 or 6 things I have disagreed with him on significantly but he has reasoned arguments and contributes a lot here, OBVIOUSLY. Moon has insight and he contributes greatly here. He's probably still poster of the year in my view. He's just not perfect. None of us are.

The Yankees fans are high fiving each other over how Kim played us ( Moon especially apparently ) into thinking he was a quality poster when he is now showing himself to be a troll of "Babe" proportions. That is what started this. I think you are generally a good person Burrito, and you are unfortunately collateral damage in this discussion. I'm sorry about that. Kim was the main issue.

Expitch has some insight, even if as I suspect a lot of it is fiction writing ( I could be wrong there ). I value insight more than most I guess. Friendships have proven to be largely worthless here, as HArness has exhibited over and over ( how many votes did he get?). 

This forum is an intellectual discussion where some people throw each other under the bus regularly, or ignore it when others are doing it, simply because they want others to agree with them. What is integrity worth to each of us? On a sports forum apparently not much. Isn't it easy to see how BS some people are here. Lots of people intentionally lie here. And many of us could not admit the slightest mistake if their life depended on it. Why play along with that?

I don't want to offend people. Maybe I'm just autistic, because the filter doesn't seem to work with me as it does for others apparently. When someone makes a bonehead decision like that "Poster of the Year Roster" I comment about it. I hesitated to do it until Kim displayed himself in full colors ( you all can believe it's a girl if you want ). It looked like Moon just slocked it out, unlike his normal meticulous work. I don't know why. I prefer to think it was with good intentions but he just slocked it out.

I had a great year in 2011. I really did and very few noticed apparently. Fine, that's ok. I think it was an insult to many of us though to see that list as it was comprised. Was it really a list of great posters? We all do things sometimes without thinking. I don't think Moon put a lot of thought into it because if he did I think it would come out differently IMO.

This is not to say there were not a lot of great posters there. Notin is a good one. Tom, Hill, Katz. Harness gives us a ton of volume even if he is stubborn and misguided sometimes. He is the kind of guy who would throw kids in the "pokey" to make his point sometimes if he were a teacher. Absolutely the forum police to the extreme but he does contribute a lot. That counts also to me.

JoeBriedy posts almost never ( it seems to me ) but he is dead on when he does every time IMO. Chip was great. Bill Lee was great. Guys like Red, and Zil and Youk with his poems...etc. all are worthy. I like 10-20 more who could fit on that list.  It wouldn't take much time to do a multithread poll of nothing but quality posters and still some would get left out but that's no big deal as long as the roster is solid.

Once a year only and the originator should not be on the list of options. Even that might not be advised.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't think Moon put a lot of thought into it because if he did I think it would come out differently IMO.

I didn't really put a lot of thought into it; you are right. I'm also not very good with names, and only recently started paying attention to some posters enough to remember their names.

I was dissapointed that I couldn't add more choices to the poll. I tried to put a couple of names of posters who post a lot, but that I disagree a lot with. (Softy & kim) In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have put them on the list, and maybe harness should not have been on it either, but he has added a lot of the kind of posts I enjoy (fact driven & supported) to this thread. I know the list was biased... anyone's list would be. I tended to put people who post on this thread on the list over other. I could have put your name on the list, and to me I'd have voted for you over softy or kim, but I had to leave someone off. 

I meant what I said about write ins, and I apologized to those worthy posters left off the poll. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I greatly appreciate your posts, boom. I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time, but I probably thought you had little chance of getting many votes, since many seem to not like you. (I guess I misjudged harness' p[oularity, so who am I to say whodeserved it or not.) I thought teh thread would discuss what makes poster good or bad, instead it seemed to bring out mostly the bad. I actually stopped reading it a while ago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

People upset or disagreeing with 'poster of the year' choices.......incredible, really.

Boomer, relax my friend.  We all know you're a great poster and probably the resident 'down on the farm' expert.  Not being on the list was, I'm sure, just an oversight.  Hell, my memory is getting so bad that it's a miracle I still remember to unzip my fly going to the bathroom. 

Crit, I was oblivious to it also.  I went back, looked and found it.

Jid and Moon sorry about the health of the in-laws.  Personally, and of course living in Oregon, my wife and I are advocates of the Hemlock Society.  Please don't interpret this as any form of condemnation of a person's choice one way or another.  It's just a personal choice.

Moon, I'm sure your intentions were honerable with the poster of the year, but there are SO MANY of you guys whose knowledge is incredible that a number one choice would be impossible.  I think I'd vote for Buritto though because I love Mexican food...LOL

I can't wait for Feb 19th to begin to see if any diamonds in the rough in the pitching department emerge.

My sweet wife has already booked us for 3 games at Fenway against the Yankees in september through Red Sox Destinations. I'm really looking forward to going since I haven't been there in YEARS and my wife never has been.  I'm already praying that it doesn't rain..

I'll miss Varitek.  I really don't see the benefit of Shoppach over him and Varitek could probably be had for peanuts. Besides, he deserves a going away day...the picture of him beating on ARod is priceless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Amp, thanks for the kind words. I have a geography question for you; how far are you from Portland? My youngest daughter is doing an exchange at Portland State U from UMASS. She opted for the domestic exchange over foreign, much to the joy of her mother;). Yet they were both bawling their eyes out when she left on Friday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I":
    People upset or disagreeing with 'poster of the year' choices.......incredible, really. Boomer, relax my friend.  We all know you're a great poster and probably the resident 'down on the farm' expert.  Not being on the list was, I'm sure, just an oversight.  Hell, my memory is getting so bad that it's a miracle I still remember to unzip my fly going to the bathroom.  Crit, I was oblivious to it also.  I went back, looked and found it. Jid and Moon sorry about the health of the in-laws.  Personally, and of course living in Oregon, my wife and I are advocates of the Hemlock Society.  Please don't interpret this as any form of condemnation of a person's choice one way or another.  It's just a personal choice. Moon, I'm sure your intentions were honerable with the poster of the year, but there are SO MANY of you guys whose knowledge is incredible that a number one choice would be impossible.  I think I'd vote for Buritto though because I love Mexican food...LOL I can't wait for Feb 19th to begin to see if any diamonds in the rough in the pitching department emerge. My sweet wife has already booked us for 3 games at Fenway against the Yankees in september through Red Sox Destinations. I'm really looking forward to going since I haven't been there in YEARS and my wife never has been.  I'm already praying that it doesn't rain.. I'll miss Varitek.  I really don't see the benefit of Shoppach over him and Varitek could probably be had for peanuts. Besides, he deserves a going away day...the picture of him beating on ARod is priceless. Posted by ampoule
    I love Varitek for all he's done for this organization as well, but he'll be another year older, Shoppach is better defensively and most importantly (just a guess), I really think they have had enough of certain guys having a personal catcher...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

People upset or disagreeing with 'poster of the year' choices.......incredible, really. Boomer, relax my friend.  We all know you're a great poster and probably the resident 'down on the farm' expert.  Not being on the list was, I'm sure, just an oversight.  Hell, my memory is getting so bad that it's a miracle I still remember to unzip my fly going to the bathroom.  Crit, I was oblivious to it also.  I went back, looked and found it. Jid and Moon sorry about the health of the in-laws.  Personally, and of course living in Oregon, my wife and I are advocates of the Hemlock Society.  Please don't interpret this as any form of condemnation of a person's choice one way or another.  It's just a personal choice. Moon, I'm sure your intentions were honerable with the poster of the year, but there are SO MANY of you guys whose knowledge is incredible that a number one choice would be impossible.  I think I'd vote for Buritto though because I love Mexican food...LOL I can't wait for Feb 19th to begin to see if any diamonds in the rough in the pitching department emerge. My sweet wife has already booked us for 3 games at Fenway against the Yankees in september through Red Sox Destinations. I'm really looking forward to going since I haven't been there in YEARS and my wife never has been.  I'm already praying that it doesn't rain.. I'll miss Varitek.  I really don't see the benefit of Shoppach over him and Varitek could probably be had for peanuts. Besides, he deserves a going away day...the picture of him beating on ARod is priceless.
    Posted by ampoule

Agree with everything here. moon, don't beat yourself up. You done good.

amp - bet you can't wait until September!  My understanding is that the ladies' rooms are better than they were, but somehow still funky.  Sort of adds to the character of the place, supposedly. Just warn her about that. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Amp, thanks for the kind words. I have a geography question for you; how far are you from Portland? My youngest daughter is doing an exchange at Portland State U from UMASS. She opted for the domestic exchange over foreign, much to the joy of her mother;). Yet they were both bawling their eyes out when she left on Friday.
    Posted by jidgef

I'm about 3hrs south of Portland right on I-5.

She should really like Portland.  It's really a pretty nice city.

Weather-wise, Oregon is very diverse.  South, where we are, there is less precipitation than the northern portion of the state(Portland).  The eastern part of the state is dryer with quite a bit of snow.

If the rain doesn't bother her, she'll love it.  PSU is a great school too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I : I'm about 3hrs south of Portland right on I-5. She should really like Portland.  It's really a pretty nice city. Weather-wise, Oregon is very diverse.  South, where we are, there is less precipitation than the northern portion of the state(Portland).  The eastern part of the state is dryer with quite a bit of snow. If the rain doesn't bother her, she'll love it.  PSU is a great school too.
    Posted by ampoule

Thanks Amp. So I guess she won't be dropping by for a free dinner! I've talked to her briefly every day she's been there, if only long enough to hand the phone to mom, but she is loving it so far. She and I both have sprint phones so we can talk all we want for free; my only other contribution to this effort was to explain the time zone difference. We won't call you at seven AM eastern if you don't call us at ten PM pacific.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Shoppach is better defensively and most importantly (just a guess), I really think they have had enough of certain guys having a personal catcher...

They should have stopped the personal catcher thing last year and went with a straight L-R catcher platoon. Salty stinks vs LHPs and VTek vice versa. It also would have helped Salty "learn" the whole staff not just a few.

The flip side is that it is hard to argue with success. VTek has gotten better (and sometimes way better) results from almost every pitcher he caught over the last few years. Even if he just caught 30 games this year, and the team went 20-10, he'd be worth the $1M deal. Now that we have Papi back (DH blocked for Lava) and Shoppach, there's zero percent chance and need for VTek's services, unless there is injury.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I : Thanks Amp. So I guess she won't be dropping by for a free dinner! I've talked to her briefly every day she's been there, if only long enough to hand the phone to mom, but she is loving it so far. She and I both have sprint phones so we can talk all we want for free; my only other contribution to this effort was to explain the time zone difference. We won't call you at seven AM eastern if you don't call us at ten PM pacific.
    Posted by jidgef

Jid,  If she ever has the opportunity to come this direction, she's more than welcome...and I emphasize more than welcome. And, if an emergency should occur, I would hope you'd allow her to contact us if help is needed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic look at 2012: Part I : Jid,  If she ever has the opportunity to come this direction, she's more than welcome...and I emphasize more than welcome. And, if an emergency should occur, I would hope you'd allow her to contact us if help is needed.
    Posted by ampoule

I appreciate that Amp. My middle daughter has an old friend that lives right in Portland, so she is the first emergency call. Of course I'm hoping for no emergencies!!

Back to baseball, I couldn't agree more with the idea that Bobby V should not go with a designated catcher and I also feel it spells the end of Tek's run with the Sox. But what a resume! Two titles, four no-hitters, several all-star appearances, AND he got to smack Arod in the mouth!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How many inaccuracies can you say in one post Burrito? I have around 9000 or so posts. Does that disqualify me? It's not about popolarity. It should be about quality. As with most elections, it's often decided by the wrong criteria. I didn't say Bautista was using PEDS. I said SPORTSWRITERS MIGHT NOT VOTE FOR BAUTISTA IN THE MVP VOTE AS MUCH BECAUSE HE WAS SO TAINTED ( many sportswriters think he might be a PED user and have written about it extensively as I proved over and over with articles cited ). There clearly has been suspicion in the sportswriter venue for a long time. I didn't start it. I noted it's existence in the context of their MVP vote potential. That's called INSIGHT. It's valid data. I had to argue that statement for a week when virtually all of you stood by and didn't say a thing when my statement got distorted over and over. It turns out that Ellsbury did edge him out BTW. When people distort positions like that I FOR ONE WILL STEP UP AND GIVE MY SUPPORT TO THE ONE BEING TREATED THAT WAY. i've stated several times how much respect i have for Moon as a poster. I could list 5 or 6 things I have disagreed with him on significantly but he has reasoned arguments and contributes a lot here, OBVIOUSLY. Moon has insight and he contributes greatly here. He's probably still poster of the year in my view. He's just not perfect. None of us are. The Yankees fans are high fiving each other over how Kim played us ( Moon especially apparently ) into thinking he was a quality poster when he is now showing himself to be a troll of "Babe" proportions. That is what started this. I think you are generally a good person Burrito, and you are unfortunately collateral damage in this discussion. I'm sorry about that. Kim was the main issue. Expitch has some insight, even if as I suspect a lot of it is fiction writing ( I could be wrong there ). I value insight more than most I guess. Friendships have proven to be largely worthless here, as HArness has exhibited over and over ( how many votes did he get?).  This forum is an intellectual discussion where some people throw each other under the bus regularly, or ignore it when others are doing it, simply because they want others to agree with them. What is integrity worth to each of us? On a sports forum apparently not much. Isn't it easy to see how BS some people are here. Lots of people intentionally lie here. And many of us could not admit the slightest mistake if their life depended on it. Why play along with that? I don't want to offend people. Maybe I'm just autistic, because the filter doesn't seem to work with me as it does for others apparently. When someone makes a bonehead decision like that "Poster of the Year Roster" I comment about it. I hesitated to do it until Kim displayed himself in full colors ( you all can believe it's a girl if you want ). It looked like Moon just slocked it out, unlike his normal meticulous work. I don't know why. I prefer to think it was with good intentions but he just slocked it out. I had a great year in 2011. I really did and very few noticed apparently. Fine, that's ok. I think it was an insult to many of us though to see that list as it was comprised. Was it really a list of great posters? We all do things sometimes without thinking. I don't think Moon put a lot of thought into it because if he did I think it would come out differently IMO. This is not to say there were not a lot of great posters there. Notin is a good one. Tom, Hill, Katz. Harness gives us a ton of volume even if he is stubborn and misguided sometimes. He is the kind of guy who would throw kids in the "pokey" to make his point sometimes if he were a teacher. Absolutely the forum police to the extreme but he does contribute a lot. That counts also to me. JoeBriedy posts almost never ( it seems to me ) but he is dead on when he does every time IMO. Chip was great. Bill Lee was great. Guys like Red, and Zil and Youk with his poems...etc. all are worthy. I like 10-20 more who could fit on that list.  It wouldn't take much time to do a multithread poll of nothing but quality posters and still some would get left out but that's no big deal as long as the roster is solid. Once a year only and the originator should not be on the list of options. Even that might not be advised.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

Please eloborate... Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts