A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II

I don't think Oakland is looking to add salary and an injury prone player. If we are to pay most of his salary, I'd rather keep Youk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

NWIH they are trading Youk to Oakland. I can think of at least 4-5 reasons why that would never happen. One important reason is the area beyond the fould lines is optimal for a fast 3rd baseman, ergo their interest in Beltre and Figgins. That deal ain't happening. 

With Bradley really starting to emerge down in Salem, we maybe looking at our next CF there in 2014. He might be one of the top finds in last year's draft. He and Barnes alone might make it the best draft since 2005. With some luck we may top 2005.

The Orioles Dylan Bundy. 5 starts and 1 hit allowed. Wow. And he was a high schooler last year. The guys work ethic is completely off the charts. He might be worth more as a prospect than Mike Trout ( not likely but look at his overall numbers so far and his stuff ). There is a lot of tremendous young talent from last year's draft. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Coco wasn't too happy about being moved out of CF by Cespides.  I agree that Youk's salary may be too big for A's.  Middlebrooks coming up today.  Well, this should be interesting.  Maybe Youk is hurt worse than we know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

As to Buch, I think a trip down might be good for him--replace him with Cook. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II:
    [QUOTE]Coco wasn't too happy about being moved out of CF by Cespides.  I agree that Youk's salary may be too big for A's.  Middlebrooks coming up today.  Well, this should be interesting.  Maybe Youk is hurt worse than we know.
    Posted by Critter23[/QUOTE]Here's what I think happens with Youk. A trip to the DL, followed by a week or two in Pawtucket to get his stroke back. Meanwhile Bobby V gets a good look at the kid. If it turns out that the kid can really play on the big stage and Youk gets his stroke back, both of which could very plausibly happen, we bring Youk back up and send Middlebrooks back down until we can hopefully pull off some kind of semi blockbuster deal for Youk. That would obviously be a best case scenario.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe if Youk plays 1B in Oakland, there's a tinie chance of a deal... maybe Youk, Atchison and Byrd for Coco and Balfour.

I still very much doubt Youk would ever be dealt to Oakland.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe if Youk plays 1B in Oakland, there's a tinie chance of a deal... maybe Youk, Atchison and Byrd for Coco and Balfour. I still very much doubt Youk would ever be dealt to Oakland.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]I don't know if I'd give up Byrd. He's been playing pretty well since he came over. Maybe DMac instead. They must have about the same OPS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Last year a silly clown poster here argued all year long that a pitcher with a 5+ ERA should not be kept on the staff... any MLb staff. I showed him that most recent AL playoff teams have had 1 or 2 starters with significant playing time with ERAs over 5.00. I showed how 24 AL starters had an ERA over 5.00:
    32 Burnett
    32 Carmona
    31 Penny
    28 Duensing
    28 Lackey
    25 JJ Reyes
    24 Liriano
    24 Pineiro
    23 Wakefield
    22 Arrieta
    20 Duffy
    15 Harden
    14 Hughes
    14 Drabek
    13 Tillman
    13 K Davies
    12 Furbush
    12 A Miller
    12 Bergesen
    12 Talbot
    12 Matusz
    11 Jimenez
    11 Stewart
    10 O'Sullivan

Has anything changed this year?

Small sample size in 2012:
    26 AL pitchers with an ERA over 5.00
    5 GS 
    Jimenez, Holland, Doubront, Masterson,E. Santana, Porcello, Danks, Hochevar, Hughes, Scherzer, Noesi, Buchholtz, Liriano
    4 GS
    Nova, Millwood, Mendoza, Blackburn, Sanchez, Garcia
    3GS
    Godfrey, Tomlin, Marquis, Ross, Hutchison, Hendricks, Wilk

That's almost 2 per team. 3 with the Yanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Last year a silly clown poster here argued all year long that a pitcher with a 5+ ERA should not be kept on the staff

Last year, an intelligent poster correctly stated that a fat pot bellied AARP slug named Tim Wastefield had a 5 plus ERA for 2 and a half seasons and did not belong on the roster. Last year, a post total counting drivel drone shill lobbied for another good ole boy million dollar squatter's contract for Tim Wastefield. Needless to say, had they thrown Wastefield in the washed up gutter in early 2011 they would have at least made the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Last year a silly clown poster here argued all year long that a pitcher with a 5+ ERA should not be kept on the staff Last year, an intelligent poster correctly stated that a fat pot bellied AARP slug named Tim Wastefield had a 5 plus ERA for 2 and a half seasons and did not belong on the roster. Last year, a post total counting drivel drone shill lobbied for another good ole boy million dollar squatter's contract for Tim Wastefield. Needless to say, had they thrown Wastefield in the washed up gutter in early 2011 they would have at least made the playoffs. 
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II:
    Last year a silly clown poster here argued all year long that a pitcher with a 5+ ERA should not be kept on the staff Last year, an intelligent poster correctly stated that a fat pot bellied AARP slug named Tim Wastefield had a 5 plus ERA for 2 and a half seasons and did not belong on the roster. Last year, a post total counting drivel drone shill lobbied for another good ole boy million dollar squatter's contract for Tim Wastefield. Needless to say, had they thrown Wastefield in the washed up gutter in early 2011 they would have at least made the playoffs. 
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

We'll never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest

...and the guy they replaced him with is at 5.19 now.
    ...he's the same guy softy wanted pitching while still on the DL last year. 

Yup, that's right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sox OPS by position:
    C:    8th  .794
    1B 17th  .683
    2B   6th  .775
    3B  25th .589
    SS    3rd .839
    LF    8th .778 (Shocking how bad MLB LF'ers are these days)
    CF 28th .571
    RF   4th  .907
    DH  1st  1.132

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to  Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : Last year a silly clown poster here argued all year long that a pitcher with a 5+ ERA should not be kept on the staff Last year, an intelligent poster correctly stated that a fat pot bellied AARP slug named Tim Wastefield had a 5 plus ERA for 2 and a half seasons and did not belong on the roster. Last year, a post total counting drivel drone shill lobbied for another good ole boy million dollar squatter's contract for Tim Wastefield. Needless to say, had they thrown Wastefield in the washed up gutter in early 2011 they would have at least made the playoffs.  Posted by hankwilliamsjr We'll never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest ...and the guy they replaced him with is at 5.19 now. ...he's the same guy softy wanted pitching while still on the DL last year.  Yup, that's right.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]He lost me at Wastefield. Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

A realists look at 2012.  No post season for this mistake of a team.  I cant even watch a game and be entertained.  It is complete frustration.  All I want is to have a little fun watching Red Sox baseball but so far this season all I can be is utterly frustrated.  Oh well go Celts, go Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A realists look at 2012.  No post season for this mistake of a team.  I cant even watch a game and be entertained.  It is complete frustration.  All I want is to have a little fun watching Red Sox baseball but so far this season all I can be is utterly frustrated.

Relax and watch the game for the fun of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Hysterical, taking a month's ERA and claiming that Doubrant isn't Koufax, whem compared to million dollar Tim Wastefield's 2012 loser tour!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hysterical, taking a month's ERA and claiming that Doubrant isn't Koufax, whem compared to million dollar Tim Wastefield's 2012 loser tour!

Thought I'd take you off IGGY to see if you rae any less clownish. Not!

What's "hysterical is you complaining about other using small sample sizes. 
    You ar the master of tiny sample sizes, at time one pitch in length.

What's hysterical is your obsession with Wake and VTek and the lies.
    You still never answer the point that most AL playoff teams have a 5+ guy.

What's hysterical is your twisting of my Papi sits vsmost LHPs position.
    Here's a list of your lies and distortions on just this one issue:

1) You wanted Papi demoted to AAA in 2009 on a "phanotm DL" sceme, while I was merely calling for his movement from the 3 slot to the 5 vs RHP and 6 vs LHPs.

2) You keep claiming I have wanted Papi benched vs LHPs for 3 years. A bare-faced lie coming from the self-proclaimed morality guru. Papi's first sign iof decline vs LHPs was in 2008, and it was very likely injury-related. In 2009 his decline continued. You denied a decline even existed. I enver said bench Papi in 2009 vs LHPs, because we had nobody better anyways. It was the winter of 2009-2010 that I was calling for Lowell to be the DH vs LHPs and you agreed with that point (later you denied it, then back-tracked to say that once you found out how much mikey was hurt, you scrapped the plan.). 

3) My position was always to start Papi vs LHPs that he had a good history against. There were about 4-6 back in 2010, and unless we had someone better, he would still play vs those he struggled against. Once Mikey was hurt, there wasn't much choice except for maybe Jed or DMac. Papi had a horrible 2010 vs LHPs, and yet you claimed victory in your position by pointing out that Papi did well after they took the LH'd starter out. (Papi had a sub .500 OPS and 1 HR vs the LHPs I siad he should sit against in 2010... SUB .500 dude!)

4) In the 2010-2011 winter, I again expressed my opinion that Papi should sit vs LH'd starters he had struggled against, and be brought into the game when a RH'er was brought in and then remain in the game even if later a lefty was brought in. Papi killed lefties last year, and I admitted I was dead wrong. (You should try it sometimes: contrary to your rigid and twisted belief system, admitting mistakes is not a sign of weakness.)

5) You called me a racists for suggesting we offer papi and incentive laden contract that would give him the chance to make $10M with easy incentive and over $13M with harder ones. Later, you suggested an even lower offer than what mine was. Now, you act like Sox management dissed Papi with the one year deal that was actually way higher than your amount. You had said $8M for 2012 and $6M for 2013 as your lowest call.

Maybe I should start a thread about some fool wanting to demote Papi. 

Nah, that would just be clownish.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

1) You wanted Papi demoted to AAA in 2009 on a "phanotm DL" sceme, while I was merely calling for his movement from the 3 slot to the 5 vs RHP and 6 vs LHPs.

Prevarication is your speciality. In fact, in your own feeble words, a "phantom DL" is not a demotion. Because of the racist motivated hatred from most media and Red Sox fans on this board, it became a daily verbal lynching of Ortiz, after each game during the early season slumps of 2009 and 2010. You jumped on the bandwagon by saying, first, to drop him to #6 and #7. You have lied and claim it was 5/6. When the slump continued for a while after Ortiz was moved to 5 and 5, you stated that the Olney report about meeting to discuss Ortiz release might be the best option since Ortiz was old. I stated that Buster Wedgie was a moron and federal class media hire, and that the best way to get Ortiz's out of the verbal assualt and environment was to simply use the DL to get him out of the lynch mob that you were a part of, and bring back after a few minor league rehab games to force the lynch mob to move on to other specious media driven topics for the bigoted masses of the media markets.  
    2) You keep claiming I have wanted Papi benched vs LHPs for 3 years. A bare-faced lie coming from the self-proclaimed morality guru. Papi's first sign iof decline vs LHPs was in 2008, and it was very likely injury-related. In 2009 his decline continued. You denied a decline even existed. I enver said bench Papi in 2009 vs LHPs, because we had nobody better anyways. It was the winter of 2009-2010 that I was calling for Lowell to be the DH vs LHPs and you agreed with that point (later you denied it, then back-tracked to say that once you found out how much mikey was hurt, you scrapped the plan.). 

You denied a decline even existed

No decline ever existed, from a superlative career that you and the lynch mob were attempting to characterize as "an old man in decline" who needed to sit v most LP and/or released in the near future.

3) My position was always to start Papi vs LHPs that he had a good history against. There were about 4-6 back in 2010,  (You won't find a word where you stated "4-6") and unless we had someone better, he would still play vs those he struggled against.(Lie) Once Mikey was hurt, there wasn't much choice except for maybe Jed or DMac. Papi had a horrible 2010 vs LHPs, (I noted that his median averages were not bad v. LP and the prior wrist injury explained what amounted to a blip in the  big sample) and yet you claimed victory in your position by pointing out that Papi did well after they took the LH'd starter out. (Papi had a sub .500 OPS and 1 HR vs the LHPs I siad he should sit against in 2010... SUB .500 dude!)  (Lie, spin, spin, spin, in fact, you stated he should sit against LP in 2009, 2010, 2011 and gave it up only after 2011)

4) In the 2010-2011 winter, I again expressed my opinion that Papi should sit vs LH'd starters he had struggled against, and be brought into the game when a RH'er was brought in and then remain in the game even if later a lefty was brought in. Papi killed lefties last year, and I admitted I was dead wrong. (You should try it sometimes: contrary to your rigid and twisted belief system, admitting mistakes is not a sign of weakness.)

You just wrote a novel of drivel spin, LMAO! You should try just admitting you were dead wrong and need professional help for your terrible attitude about Ortiz, who was like an infant in age compared to your beloved Tim Wastefield.

5) You called me a racists for suggesting we offer papi and incentive laden contract that would give him the chance to make $10M with easy incentive and over $13M with harder ones. Later, you suggested an even lower offer than what mine was. (Wrong, in fact, I stated that they should the offer the same 2 year base deal that Ortiz said they begrudged him and for which they are now likely to have to pay for because of their approach. The reason management is penny penching on Ortiz, unlike Wastefield and Varitek who were getting million for years after being washed up, is because management knows that Red Sox fans were in favor of handing it to Oritz) Now, you act like Sox management dissed Papi with the one year deal that was actually way higher than your amount. (False, my amount was higher over the 2 years and also included 15 million on a one year deal if management continued to tap in to fan bigotry) You had said $8M for 2012 and $6M for 2013 as your lowest call. (False. I said a 2 year deal with guaranteed options and player opt out to net Ortiz a total of at least 20 million over the 2 years. The very same type of deal Ortiz says he asked for and managment refused and most Red Sox fans applauded. In fact, most Red Sox fans wanted "the money spent elsewhere on pitching", including you! Your constant drone about "it's the pitching", which is quite wrong on roster construction changes needed, included frequent comments about spending the "money we would save on Ortiz spent on pitching")

Maybe I should start a thread about some fool wanting to demote Papi. ''

Maybe you should stop being the fool who starts threads after the fact about issues you were dead wrong about.

Maybe you should stop bumping this lame thread up, and counting post totals and wallowing in the endorsement of the owners of this site. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Well, Middlebrooks passed his first test, didn't he?  Did he get any defensive chances?  I'm just wanting some healthy players now with some pizzazz. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Prevarication is your speciality. In fact, in your own feeble words, a "phantom DL" is not a demotion. 

He wasn't hurt. 
     In wanted him batting 5th ve RHPs and 6th vs LHPs. You wanted him in AAA. Somehow, you can twist this to say my idea mad Papi look worse than yours.

Because of the racist motivated hatred from most media and Red Sox fans on this board, it became a daily verbal lynching of Ortiz, after each game during the early season slumps of 2009 and 2010. You jumped on the bandwagon by saying, first, to drop him to #6 and #7. You have lied and claim it was 5/6. When the slump continued for a while after Ortiz was moved to 5 and 5, you stated that the Olney report about meeting to discuss Ortiz release might be the best option since Ortiz was old. I stated that Buster Wedgie was a moron and federal class media hire, and that the best way to get Ortiz's out of the verbal assualt and environment was to simply use the DL to get him out of the lynch mob that you were a part of, and bring back after a few minor league rehab games to force the lynch mob to move on to other specious media driven topics for the bigoted masses of the media markets.  

This is a bare-faced lie... 100%. I never came close to saying get rid of Papi. I never said send him to the minors. You did, and I castigated you the day you said it.

Find any post where I said what you said I said. Your lying is still your habit.

You denied a decline even existed

No decline ever existed, from a superlative career that you and the lynch mob were attempting to characterize as "an old man in decline" who needed to sit v most LP and/or released in the near future.

I rest my case. 3 years of steeep decline vs LHPs is well documented. Only a silly clown with blinders on could miss it. If he wasn't in decline, why would you want him in AAA?

3) My position was always to start Papi vs LHPs that he had a good history against. There were about 4-6 back in 2010,  (You won't find a word where you stated "4-6") and unless we had someone better, he would still play vs those he struggled against.(Lie) Once Mikey was hurt, there wasn't much choice except for maybe Jed or DMac. Papi had a horrible 2010 vs LHPs, (I noted that his median averages were not bad v. LP and the prior wrist injury explained what amounted to a blip in the  big sample) and yet you claimed victory in your position by pointing out that Papi did well after they took the LH'd starter out. (Papi had a sub .500 OPS and 1 HR vs the LHPs I siad he should sit against in 2010... SUB .500 dude!)  (Lie, spin, spin, spin, in fact, you stated he should sit against LP in 2009, 2010, 2011 and gave it up only after 2011)

4) In the 2010-2011 winter, I again expressed my opinion that Papi should sit vs LH'd starters he had struggled against, and be brought into the game when a RH'er was brought in and then remain in the game even if later a lefty was brought in. Papi killed lefties last year, and I admitted I was dead wrong. (You should try it sometimes: contrary to your rigid and twisted belief system, admitting mistakes is not a sign of weakness.)

You just wrote a novel of drivel spin, LMAO! You should try just admitting you were dead wrong and need professional help for your terrible attitude about Ortiz, who was like an infant in age compared to your beloved Tim Wastefield.

I did admit I was dead wrong about 2011.  You can't admit you were wrong about 2010, or that you sghared my position until Mikey's injury was shown to be greater than we thought.

Bringing up Wake is further evidence of you diversionary tactics, and a sign of you lack of marality.

5) You called me a racists for suggesting we offer papi and incentive laden contract that would give him the chance to make $10M with easy incentive and over $13M with harder ones. Later, you suggested an even lower offer than what mine was. (Wrong, in fact, I stated that they should the offer the same 2 year base deal that Ortiz said they begrudged him and for which they are now likely to have to pay for because of their approach. The reason management is penny penching on Ortiz, unlike Wastefield and Varitek who were getting million for years after being washed up, is because management knows that Red Sox fans were in favor of handing it to Oritz) Now, you act like Sox management dissed Papi with the one year deal that was actually way higher than your amount. (False, my amount was higher over the 2 years and also included 15 million on a one year deal if management continued to tap in to fan bigotry) You had said $8M for 2012 and $6M for 2013 as your lowest call. (False. I said a 2 year deal with guaranteed options and player opt out to net Ortiz a total of at least 20 million over the 2 years. The very same type of deal Ortiz says he asked for and managment refused and most Red Sox fans applauded. In fact, most Red Sox fans wanted "the money spent elsewhere on pitching", including you! Your constant drone about "it's the pitching", which is quite wrong on roster construction changes needed, included frequent comments about spending the "money we would save on Ortiz spent on pitching")

Maybe I should start a thread about some fool wanting to demote Papi. ''

Maybe you should stop being the fool who starts threads after the fact about issues you were dead wrong about.

Silly clown. You started that thread.

Maybe you should stop bumping this lame thread up, and counting post totals and wallowing in the endorsement of the owners of this site. 

You just bumped it, clown.

Back to Iggy for the village idiot. There's no hope for a guy with the IQ of a fence post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I've got to admit that Middlebrooks impresses me more every time I see him. On his first hit, he legs out a squib hit to 3rd that most of our guys would have been thrown out on. He hustles!

He slices a decent pitch to RF for a double and steals a base. He draws a walk. Considering his rep as not being that fast, I'd have to question that a little. This guy is probably at least a 4.5 tool player. He can get down the line very well and he did steal a base. Admittedly it's not his rep but he is not slow. NWIH Youk would have been safe on that squib hit. He's hungry and healthy. Maybe he is already an upgrade over Youk?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Considering how Doubront appears to fade big time as he throws more pitches in a game, would we benefit from slotting Cook in his place and throw Doubront in the pen. Maybe with Tazawa and Mortensen in the pen, with Doubront, our bullpen problems are largely solved.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I've got to admit that Middlebrooks impresses me more every time I see him. On his first hit, he legs out a squib hit to 3rd that most of our guys would have been thrown out on. He hustles!

Boom, I'm happy to say I appear to have been wrong about Middlebrooks. It's not so much that I disliked him, but more that I was and am very high on Bogaerts and Cecchini. I hope he goes on to a great career here in Boston.

I know I mentioned his name in a few of my scenarios in my get Floyd rants this past winter, and while I still wish we had Floyd, I'm beginning to think keeping Middlebrooks made more sense.

He slices a decent pitch to RF for a double and steals a base. He draws a walk. Considering his rep as not being that fast, I'd have to question that a little. This guy is probably at least a 4.5 tool player. He can get down the line very well and he did steal a base. Admittedly it's not his rep but he is not slow. NWIH Youk would have been safe on that squib hit. He's hungry and healthy. Maybe he is already an upgrade over Youk?

Well, if Youk could return to just 90% of best form, I'd rather stick with Youk than take a risk on Middlebrooks, but the is a big "if".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

It amazes me that there have been no comments about Oil Can Boyd's interview.

He may be a hero to some people, but to me he's nothing short of repugnant.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think everyone considers the source and decides there is no need to state the obvious.

Sections
Shortcuts