Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II
posted at 5/3/2012 5:14 PM EDT
1) You wanted Papi demoted to AAA in 2009 on a "phanotm DL" sceme, while I was merely calling for his movement from the 3 slot to the 5 vs RHP and 6 vs LHPs.
Prevarication is your speciality. In fact, in your own feeble words, a "phantom DL" is not a demotion.
He wasn't hurt.
In wanted him batting 5th ve RHPs and 6th vs LHPs. You wanted him in AAA. Somehow, you can twist this to say my idea mad Papi look worse than yours.
Because of the racist motivated hatred from most media and Red Sox fans on this board, it became a daily verbal lynching of Ortiz, after each game during the early season slumps of 2009 and 2010. You jumped on the bandwagon by saying, first, to drop him to #6 and #7. You have lied and claim it was 5/6. When the slump continued for a while after Ortiz was moved to 5 and 5, you stated that the Olney report about meeting to discuss Ortiz release might be the best option since Ortiz was old. I stated that Buster Wedgie was a moron and federal class media hire, and that the best way to get Ortiz's out of the verbal assualt and environment was to simply use the DL to get him out of the lynch mob that you were a part of, and bring back after a few minor league rehab games to force the lynch mob to move on to other specious media driven topics for the bigoted masses of the media markets.
This is a bare-faced lie... 100%. I never came close to saying get rid of Papi. I never said send him to the minors. You did, and I castigated you the day you said it.
Find any post where I said what you said I said. Your lying is still your habit.
2) You keep claiming I have wanted Papi benched vs LHPs for 3 years. A bare-faced lie coming from the self-proclaimed morality guru. Papi's first sign iof decline vs LHPs was in 2008, and it was very likely injury-related. In 2009 his decline continued. You denied a decline even existed. I enver said bench Papi in 2009 vs LHPs, because we had nobody better anyways. It was the winter of 2009-2010 that I was calling for Lowell to be the DH vs LHPs and you agreed with that point (later you denied it, then back-tracked to say that once you found out how much mikey was hurt, you scrapped the plan.).
You denied a decline even existed
No decline ever existed, from a superlative career that you and the lynch mob were attempting to characterize as "an old man in decline" who needed to sit v most LP and/or released in the near future.
I rest my case. 3 years of steeep decline vs LHPs is well documented. Only a silly clown with blinders on could miss it. If he wasn't in decline, why would you want him in AAA?
3) My position was always to start Papi vs LHPs that he had a good history against. There were about 4-6 back in 2010, (You won't find a word where you stated "4-6") and unless we had someone better, he would still play vs those he struggled against.(Lie) Once Mikey was hurt, there wasn't much choice except for maybe Jed or DMac. Papi had a horrible 2010 vs LHPs, (I noted that his median averages were not bad v. LP and the prior wrist injury explained what amounted to a blip in the big sample) and yet you claimed victory in your position by pointing out that Papi did well after they took the LH'd starter out. (Papi had a sub .500 OPS and 1 HR vs the LHPs I siad he should sit against in 2010... SUB .500 dude!) (Lie, spin, spin, spin, in fact, you stated he should sit against LP in 2009, 2010, 2011 and gave it up only after 2011)
4) In the 2010-2011 winter, I again expressed my opinion that Papi should sit vs LH'd starters he had struggled against, and be brought into the game when a RH'er was brought in and then remain in the game even if later a lefty was brought in. Papi killed lefties last year, and I admitted I was dead wrong. (You should try it sometimes: contrary to your rigid and twisted belief system, admitting mistakes is not a sign of weakness.)
You just wrote a novel of drivel spin, LMAO! You should try just admitting you were dead wrong and need professional help for your terrible attitude about Ortiz, who was like an infant in age compared to your beloved Tim Wastefield.
I did admit I was dead wrong about 2011. You can't admit you were wrong about 2010, or that you sghared my position until Mikey's injury was shown to be greater than we thought.
Bringing up Wake is further evidence of you diversionary tactics, and a sign of you lack of marality.
5) You called me a racists for suggesting we offer papi and incentive laden contract that would give him the chance to make $10M with easy incentive and over $13M with harder ones. Later, you suggested an even lower offer than what mine was. (Wrong, in fact, I stated that they should the offer the same 2 year base deal that Ortiz said they begrudged him and for which they are now likely to have to pay for because of their approach. The reason management is penny penching on Ortiz, unlike Wastefield and Varitek who were getting million for years after being washed up, is because management knows that Red Sox fans were in favor of handing it to Oritz) Now, you act like Sox management dissed Papi with the one year deal that was actually way higher than your amount. (False, my amount was higher over the 2 years and also included 15 million on a one year deal if management continued to tap in to fan bigotry) You had said $8M for 2012 and $6M for 2013 as your lowest call. (False. I said a 2 year deal with guaranteed options and player opt out to net Ortiz a total of at least 20 million over the 2 years. The very same type of deal Ortiz says he asked for and managment refused and most Red Sox fans applauded. In fact, most Red Sox fans wanted "the money spent elsewhere on pitching", including you! Your constant drone about "it's the pitching", which is quite wrong on roster construction changes needed, included frequent comments about spending the "money we would save on Ortiz spent on pitching")
Maybe I should start a thread about some fool wanting to demote Papi. ''
Maybe you should stop being the fool who starts threads after the fact about issues you were dead wrong about.
Silly clown. You started that thread.
Maybe you should stop bumping this lame thread up, and counting post totals and wallowing in the endorsement of the owners of this site.
You just bumped it, clown.
Back to Iggy for the village idiot. There's no hope for a guy with the IQ of a fence post.