A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II

In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : I've been a fan since 1967, and the only managers I've ever bashed were Zimmer and McNamara, the only GM I ever bashed was Gorman.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I said "almost". I know some fans did it in a non-hateful way... making fun of the bumblers. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]I'm waiting for the realistic posts.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]
    I am waiting for you to stop being the imitation of the pike-stalker, who follows people on threads just to demean or attack them...BTW, here is my post from the "Sox will Win the East" thread, and feel free to mock me for re-posting it in this thread...
    Good for your dad, babe, and God bless him...So how do you show him any respect here on this forum by trying to rub stuff in people's faces, demean people when the opportunity arises, or by just being a forum bully when it suits you...Unlike pike, you apparently are a real (Yankee) baseball fan..Good for you since I am as well..And unlike pike, you are able to mix in some decent baseball posts at times that are amusing and/or interesting when they are not of the "I am a Yankee fan..See me roar" variety...But like pike, your default setting is to bash and attack others...When you bash pike now, all I can hear is Babe talking to himself and pleading with same to grow up and get a life...To say you have serious depression and anger management problems like your Red Sox doppelganger/alter ego pike is an understatement...Okay, so you do not have multiple forum  personalities...Awards to you...But other than that, the both of you are cut from the same no-self-esteem-cloth, and it is sad to see...

P.S. Good luck, pike...I am actually betting you will turn it around...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : I said "almost". I know some fans did it in a non-hateful way... making fun of the bumblers. 
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]Gotcha, I've been taking a little heat since the Ozzie Castro thread. Maybe I got a little defensive. Back to Swihart, I figure he profiles as the catcher with Lavarnaway moving to DH when he's ready for the show. Excedllent catchers are just too valuable to move somewhere else. Who knows, maybe this kid could be the next Carlton Fisk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : Gotcha, I've been taking a little heat since the Ozzie Castro thread. Maybe I got a little defensive. Back to Swihart, I figure he profiles as the catcher with Lavarnaway moving to DH when he's ready for the show. Excedllent catchers are just too valuable to move somewhere else. Who knows, maybe this kid could be the next Carlton Fisk.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    A little heat, monsieur, is putting it mildly....How dare you have a sig line expressing hostility towards priests and kings...You think you are post-medieval or something???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : A little heat, monsieur, is putting it mildly....How dare you have a sig line expressing hostility towards priests and kings...You think you are post-medieval or something???
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]Well, I kind of did, but maybe I'm just ahead of my time. The good part though, was that I got to talk to someone who actually knows something about the Acadians. Thank you for that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : Well, I kind of did, but maybe I'm just ahead of my time.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Listen, carnie, at the risk of annoying moon with a non-baseball post on this thread, I will say this...Your distaste for kings, priests and elitist domination of the populace is SO ten centuries ago it is not even funny....And if you ever try to use the entrails of my parish priest to strangle some contemporary monarch, I will report it to babe and pike and you will be SO SO SORRY....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : Listen, carnie, at the risk of annoying moon with a non-baseball post on this thread, I will say this...Your distaste for kings, priests and elitist domination of the populace is SO ten centuries ago it is not even funny....And if you ever try to use the entrails of my parish priest to strangle some contemporary monarch, I will report it to babe and pike and you will be SO SO SORRY....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]Some parish priests are all right. I actually met a couple I liked when I was an altar boy. As long as they had enough wine in them...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : Some parish priests are all right. I actually met a couple I liked when I was an altar boy. As long as they had enough wine in them...
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Funny comment about the wine, but I getcha...Actually, all the priests I dealt with growing up, and the ones I have interacted with since (including our current local monsignor) were largely amazing and non-personality-disordered...The Christian Brothers that taught me in high school?...A few of of them were a bit scary....But to be honest, carnie, most of the Catholic religious (nuns, priests and brothers)  I have known are dedicated, caring and loving individuals...I hate all the pedophilic stereotypes that have been put out there...Catholicism has its issues, but the people doing the work day-to-day are generally awesome in my experience...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : Funny comment about the wine, but I getcha...Actually, all the priests I dealt with growing up, and the ones I have interacted with since (including our current local monsignor) were largely amazing and non-personality-disordered...The Christian Brothers that taught me in high school?...A few of of them were a bit scary....But to be honest, carnie, most of the Catholic religious (nuns, priests and brothers)  I have known are dedicated, caring and loving individuals...I hate all the pedophilic stereotypes that have been put out there...Catholicism has its issues, but the people doing the work day-to-day are generally awesome in my experience...
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]Well my signature is nearly 3 centuries old, and the church has come a long way in the interim. Diderot's thoughts still have relevancy in my opinion because the roles once filled by the king of France and the Catholic Clergy are still being filled, just by others.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part II : Well my signature is nearly 3 centuries old, and the church has come a long way in the interim. Diderot's thoughts still have relevancy in my opinion because the roles once filled by the king of France and the Catholic Clergy are still being filled, just by others.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely the case...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]Have you ever noticed that when things are going badly for the Sox, this forum is flooded with one loser troll after another inundating these threads with their worthless posts. They live for this. Can you imagine just how low life someone would have to be to find pleasure in that? They have to crawl up to reach spit on the ground. And they are everywhere today.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Watch it Boomerang, Babe and his enablers and sympathizers will add you to their list of Pike / Kim clones and they will be sanctioned by J-Bay. Pike and  Kim also feel the same way as you do but the current majority of the forum want the juvenile troll gang to survive and prosper because that is what they come here for, which is entertainment. Fandom, sincerity, honesty, and loyalty - they are not interested in. I could list the trolls, sympathizers, enablers, and those who don't care for you but then the list would number over 150. There are very few Red Sox fans on this forum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There are very few Red Sox fans on this forum.

It does seem to be less and less.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

oaky then time to move on.... nobody forces anyone to stay on this forum do they? move it along.

pike you border on repulsive... I don't pretend to know anyones true personality outside of the forum but I truly fear you may be one twisted freak in real life.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The thread bumping gets very annoying, but to me, there are still enough quality posters here to keep it worth while.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

So Swihart or Lavarnaway at C? Obviously Lavarnaway this year if Salty and Shop don't improve. But long term does Swihart move Lvarnaway into a DH role?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

A lot of iff's here moon but if Youk continues to struggle I can see that this solidifies Crawford hittin 2nd if he ever reurns. Youks struggles mandate he be pushed down in the line-up....

1) Elles
    2) Craw
    3) Pedey
    4) AGon
    5) Ortiz
    6) Youk or whoever is most productive out of the remaining 3.

Also in June I have to believe Lavar sees some action

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of iff's here moon but if Youk continues to struggle I can see that this solidifies Crawford hittin 2nd if he ever reurns. Youks struggles mandate he be pushed down in the line-up.... 1) Elles 2) Craw 3) Pedey 4) AGon 5) Ortiz 6) Youk or whoever is most productive out of the remaining 3. Also in June I have to believe Lavar sees some action
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You could be right, but vs most LHPs CC really has no right to even be in the line-up, let alone bat 2nd.

What if Sweeney keeps getting on base? Could he be a temporary #2 guy vs RHPs?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

The bumping can be done visibly to negate the invisible bumping that so many disdain. Find threads and posts that you admire / respect / and agree with and bring them up to the top or page #1 by posting a response to them. If posters did that on a regular basis then the invisible bumping  would not be effective or noticeable. Read everything every morning and when you agree with someone, tell them is a short post. That gesture will bump that thread or post to the top. Simple solution that is obvious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of iff's here moon but if Youk continues to struggle I can see that this solidifies Crawford hittin 2nd if he ever reurns. Youks struggles mandate he be pushed down in the line-up.... 1) Elles 2) Craw 3) Pedey 4) AGon 5) Ortiz 6) Youk or whoever is most productive out of the remaining 3. Also in June I have to believe Lavar sees some action
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]Wow, four lefties in the first 5 hitters. Not to say I don't like that lineup. It looks pretty solid. I'd maybe move Ross up and Craw down vs. lefthanders. I also think Lavarnaway is a Youk type middle of the order bat when he comes up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]So Swihart or Lavarnaway at C? Obviously Lavarnaway this year if Salty and Shop don't improve. But long term does Swihart move Lvarnaway into a DH role?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I don't know enough about Swihart as a catcher, but it seems like he can hit like a DH too. 

I was all for dealing Salty this past winter while his stock was a bit high, but I think he'll be here until the end of his deal (after 2013). To me, that means we may see Lava at DH vs most RHPs and catcher vs LHPs. Salty catches vs RHPs, and maybe by 2014, Swihart will be ready to take over for Salty.

This is all a lot of conjecture at this point. 

I'm actually more worried about our SP and OF future than IF or Catcher.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Bobby Valentine will take the appropriate actions when he deems it necessary. As Jimy Williams used to say " Manager's perrogative" - to make lineup changes. We are just fans. Sit back and enjoy the game and screw the lineup.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Imagine if we had Maddon as our manager! He had Carlos Pena up 2nd and Keppinger 4th today!

This board would go bananas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Imagine if we had Maddon as our manager! He had Carlos Pena up 2nd and Keppinger 4th today! This board would go bananas.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]Francona was saying the same thing on Michael Kay's show.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The DH spot is locked up this year with Ortiz now. Lavarnway is a catcher if he is going to play on the big club in 2012, short an injury to Ortiz.

It also seems that we are short on quality RH bats also. Maybe even shorter than we were last year, when it was clearly a problem. We need a solid RH bat for the lineup.

I'd be very surprised if Lavarnway isn't with the big club well before the all star break. And he will help solve that problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

carnie how are you sir?  4 lefties yes but that is because the team's core talents lie with them.  Nothing is worse than sticking some .300 obp, 15 homer player in the middle of all of that just for the sake of balancing the line-up.  That is how runners get stranded, rallies killed, and how you lose.