Surprised this got to page three. Here is what I propose for the Red Sox this year. I don't think we'll be too competetitive this year, but I'm hoping this team can contend for a Wild Card.
1. Re-sign David Ortiz (DH) (2yrs, 22m)
2. Re-sign Cody Ross (LF) (3yrs 18m)
3. Sign Jake Peavy (SP3) (3yrs 39m)
4. Sign Torii Hunter (RF) (1yr 10m, team option for 11m)
5. Sign Maicer Izturis (IF) (2yrs 8m)
6. Sign Joakim Soria (RP) (1 yr 3m, team option for 5m)
7. Trade Alfredo Aceves, Ryan Sweeney, and Stolmy Piementel to MIN for Justin Mourneau
8. Deal excess relief pitchers (i.e. Breslow, Hill) for mid-level prospects
Lineup: Ellsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz, Ross, Morneau, Middlebrooks, Hunter, Salty, Iglesias
Bench: Lavarnway, Sands, Izturis, Kailish
Rotation: Buccholz, Lester, Peavy, Doubront, Lackey
Bullpen: Bailey, Melancon, Soria, Morales, Miller, Tazawa, Atchison/Bard/Hill/Breslow/Mortensen
Looks like a decent team to me as we bridge the future days with Bradley, Brentz, Barnes, Bogearts etc. Hopefully we can compete for the Wild Card, which if all goes as planned, we might. If things are looking bleak at the Deadline, we can look to deal players like Ellsbury, Bailey, Salty, and Morneau for some good prospects for the future.