A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

smart move BH

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Where did moon go

Are you kidding??  The guy is here day and night :)

Being on the west coast, I notice he's not around late at night..my time.  So, I assume that's when he sleeps his 2 or 3 hours a night..LOL

No offense by any of this, Moon.  I've always admired your knowledge and dedication.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Where did moon go

Being on the west coast, I notice he's not around late at night..my time.  So, I assume that's when he sleeps his 2 or 3 hours a night..LOL

No offense by any of this, Moon.  I've always admired your knowledge and dedication.

Beautiful Easter in the Burg?  The JBJ news made my Easter complete!  It's what makes the Burg tolerable for me  :)  Great place to raise kids, but after that???  We shall see....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Where did moon go

Beautiful Easter in the Burg?  The JBJ news made my Easter complete!  It's what makes the Burg tolerable for me  :)  Great place to raise kids, but after that???  We shall see....

Hey, I think it's beautiful here...one of the biggest, well kept secrets in the country...don't tell anyone. It'd be nice if an Olive Garden or Red Lobster opened up though.LOL

I don't think we've ever locked the doors to the house.

My biggest problem is keeping the raccoons out of the garden!  :)

Where are you again?  My pre-altzeimers is kicking in....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Where did moon go

Hey, I think it's beautiful here...one of the biggest, well kept secrets in the country...don't tell anyone. It'd be nice if an Olive Garden or Red Lobster opened up though.LOL

I think you're up river?  I'm down half mile west of the big city.  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Where did moon go

p.s.  I'm may be right behind you on the momory loss.....  no worries!  I can see a co-worker out of the regular workplace, and forget their dang name!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jidgef's comment:

Moon, Linares may be a decent fielder but he is slow. Maybe he's very good at balls he gets to but he's a little thick around the middle to cover a lot of ground. He does have a good arm. And in left field at Fenway he doesn't need to cover ground but it does help if he can throw. 

I'm not doubting your assessment, but there are times that large guys can still be pretty fast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Moon, JBJ was from a major college program with an extremely advanced batting approach and is definitely mlb ready in defense. There is really no comparison in terms of "rawness".

JBJ certainly was thought of as less "raw" than Bogaerts, but my point was that players can advance faster than we imagine they might.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Moon, JBJ was from a major college program with an extremely advanced batting approach and is definitely mlb ready in defense. There is really no comparison in terms of "rawness".

JBJ certainly was thought of as less "raw" than Bogaerts, but my point was that players can advance faster than we imagine they might.

definitely. i had JBJ pegged for 2014 at the earliest (not counting his cup o' Joe late 2013). He's surprised everyone (maybe not Carnie) with how quickly he's caught on. Now let's hope we can see hi mand jacoby roam the OF for years to come.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where did moon go

No offense taken.

Luckily, I inherited the need for only 4-5 hours of sleep from my Dad. 

I do have a life, although many here may not believe it. The Sox are my passion. I stopped following other sports very closely a few years back, but never baseball and the Sox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Where did moon go

Hey, you'll have to stop by sometime.  I'll throw a steak on the grill, we'll have a beer, and watch a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

definitely. i had JBJ pegged for 2014 at the earliest (not counting his cup o' Joe late 2013). He's surprised everyone (maybe not Carnie) with how quickly he's caught on. Now let's hope we can see hi mand jacoby roam the OF for years to come.

I know you really want Ells back, and I do too, but I think his cost will be too high, and I like our OF prospects to make an impact by 2014-2015.

I'm not high on Victorino and think that 3 years was a big mistake. I see this for our future, assuming we don't acquire anyone else and lose Ellsbury:

LF                   CF                      RF                        OF

2014:  Linares/Nava  Bradley/Kalish   Victorino/Brentz  Hassan/Hazelbaker

2015:  Linares/Hassan  Bradley/Kalish  Brentz/Victorino  Hazelbaker/de la Cruz

2016:  Brentz/Linares   Bradley/Kalish   de la Cruz/Hazelbaker/Hassan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Where did moon go

Hey, you'll have to stop by sometime.  I'll throw a steak on the grill, we'll have a beer, and watch a game.

That would be great one of these days :) 

Talk to ya soon amp

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

To all Red Sox fans on this forum, hopefully Red Sox can make us for get the NIGHTMARE that was 2012. Lets Go Red Sox!

Moon and others thanks for all the great Red Sox banter this winter, love to talk RS during the off season. Unfortunately only really like to watch RS baseball in season. Actually like to watch any baseball in season, never can get enough baseball. Hopefully Red Sox will do well this year and at least compete for a playoff spot which for me will make it a good season.

Moon know I come at you alot but only because your one of the best baseball minds on this forum [there are many good ones] your points are usually backed by facts and really enjoy the the banter. No one can ever be right all the time on baseball, thats what makes it so much fun. Good Luck to all Red Sox fans and hopefully a good year, look forward to next off season. Go Red Sox!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

To all Red Sox fans on this forum, hopefully Red Sox can make us for get the NIGHTMARE that was 2012. Lets Go Red Sox!

Moon and others thanks for all the great Red Sox banter this winter, love to talk RS during the off season. Unfortunately only really like to watch RS baseball in season. Actually like to watch any baseball in season, never can get enough baseball. Hopefully Red Sox will do well this year and at least compete for a playoff spot which for me will make it a good season.

Moon know I come at you alot but only because your one of the best baseball minds on this forum [there are many good ones] your points are usually backed by facts and really enjoy the the banter. No one can ever be right all the time on baseball, thats what makes it so much fun. Good Luck to all Red Sox fans and hopefully a good year, look forward to next off season. Go Red Sox!

I'm so glad the season is here. To me, it is the first day of spring- forget the calendar.

I'm feeling better about our chances with Bradley (wish he was in CF) and Iggy (wish he was our FT SS) playing. Starting against the Yankees could give us a big boost by winning the series.

Go SOX!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

I'm so glad the season is here. To me, it is the first day of spring- forget the calendar.

I'm feeling better about our chances with Bradley (wish he was in CF) and Iggy (wish he was our FT SS) playing. Starting against the Yankees could give us a big boost by winning the series.

Go SOX!

Nice to see some of your gloom and doom lifting Moon;) Everybody is a bit of a Pollyanna on opening day! I've said for a while now that they will win more than they lose. And with the balance in the AL East this year that should be enough to keep us in contention all year long. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

uh oh...... looks like rain in NY!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It's snowing in northern Maine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

It's snowing in northern Maine.

It's 85 here now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Pennant fever grips the hub!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Heh heh...not exactly.  But Bradley and Iggy and the bullpen sure had a nice first day.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

off to a great start!

lester looked good for most of the day, the BP was excellent (miller was a little shaky but came out unscathed) and the offense put up runs. so glad baseball is BACK.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Heh heh...not exactly.  But Bradley and Iggy and the bullpen sure had a nice first day.

Old Shane didn't do too badly either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Old Shane didn't do too badly either.

Nor did Ellspuff.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i guess the sox were right in starting Salty eh moon? 3 walks and a double. pretty good if you ask me