A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Re: A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

To all Red Sox fans on this forum, hopefully Red Sox can make us for get the NIGHTMARE that was 2012. Lets Go Red Sox!

Moon and others thanks for all the great Red Sox banter this winter, love to talk RS during the off season. Unfortunately only really like to watch RS baseball in season. Actually like to watch any baseball in season, never can get enough baseball. Hopefully Red Sox will do well this year and at least compete for a playoff spot which for me will make it a good season.

Moon know I come at you alot but only because your one of the best baseball minds on this forum [there are many good ones] your points are usually backed by facts and really enjoy the the banter. No one can ever be right all the time on baseball, thats what makes it so much fun. Good Luck to all Red Sox fans and hopefully a good year, look forward to next off season. Go Red Sox!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

To all Red Sox fans on this forum, hopefully Red Sox can make us for get the NIGHTMARE that was 2012. Lets Go Red Sox!

Moon and others thanks for all the great Red Sox banter this winter, love to talk RS during the off season. Unfortunately only really like to watch RS baseball in season. Actually like to watch any baseball in season, never can get enough baseball. Hopefully Red Sox will do well this year and at least compete for a playoff spot which for me will make it a good season.

Moon know I come at you alot but only because your one of the best baseball minds on this forum [there are many good ones] your points are usually backed by facts and really enjoy the the banter. No one can ever be right all the time on baseball, thats what makes it so much fun. Good Luck to all Red Sox fans and hopefully a good year, look forward to next off season. Go Red Sox!

I'm so glad the season is here. To me, it is the first day of spring- forget the calendar.

I'm feeling better about our chances with Bradley (wish he was in CF) and Iggy (wish he was our FT SS) playing. Starting against the Yankees could give us a big boost by winning the series.

Go SOX!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to garyhow's comment:

I'm so glad the season is here. To me, it is the first day of spring- forget the calendar.

I'm feeling better about our chances with Bradley (wish he was in CF) and Iggy (wish he was our FT SS) playing. Starting against the Yankees could give us a big boost by winning the series.

Go SOX!

Nice to see some of your gloom and doom lifting Moon;) Everybody is a bit of a Pollyanna on opening day! I've said for a while now that they will win more than they lose. And with the balance in the AL East this year that should be enough to keep us in contention all year long. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

uh oh...... looks like rain in NY!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

It's snowing in northern Maine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

It's snowing in northern Maine.

It's 85 here now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Pennant fever grips the hub!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to jidgef's comment:

Heh heh...not exactly.  But Bradley and Iggy and the bullpen sure had a nice first day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

off to a great start!

lester looked good for most of the day, the BP was excellent (miller was a little shaky but came out unscathed) and the offense put up runs. so glad baseball is BACK.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Heh heh...not exactly.  But Bradley and Iggy and the bullpen sure had a nice first day.

Old Shane didn't do too badly either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Old Shane didn't do too badly either.

Nor did Ellspuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i guess the sox were right in starting Salty eh moon? 3 walks and a double. pretty good if you ask me

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcri. Show jcri's posts

Boom, you can call me Polly now--or whenever you want.  First day, and our ace wins and we kick the NYY to the curb--does it really get any better?  How 'Bout them Red Sox?  Sounds like the kids, the newcomers, and the BP all did really well.  For anyone who saw the game, was there anyone who didn't play well for us?

Just an aside, was looking at some game pictures just now of the team coming off the field, and high fiving, and there was Pedey in the middle of the line with dirt from the bottom of his uniform to the top...Ha!  How perfect...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I like the hustle Bradley showed going into second base to beat the throw.  This was similar to what Nava did about a week ago to keep the inning alive.  Like I said on a different thread that it's things like this that don't show up in the box score, but are immeasurable in helping to win.

I'd rather see hustle like this than to see some guy rumble toward second as if he's dragging a piano behind him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcri. Show jcri's posts

Boom, you can call me Polly now.  Our ace wins on opening day, the BP shuts 'em out, the kids looked good, the newbies look good, Pedey gets his uni all dirty--for those who saw the game, did any of our guys have a bad day?  And we kicked the NYY to the curb...How 'Bout them RS!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcri. Show jcri's posts

Oops!  Sorry about that...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to jcri's comment:

Boom, you can call me Polly now--or whenever you want.  First day, and our ace wins and we kick the NYY to the curb--does it really get any better?  How 'Bout them Red Sox?  Sounds like the kids, the newcomers, and the BP all did really well.  For anyone who saw the game, was there anyone who didn't play well for us?

Just an aside, was looking at some game pictures just now of the team coming off the field, and high fiving, and there was Pedey in the middle of the line with dirt from the bottom of his uniform to the top...Ha!  How perfect...

I expect better ABs from Napoli, but other than that. Not a complaint, more of an observation. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I expect better ABs from Napoli, but other than that. Not a complaint, more of an observation. 

He took some big swings- some at obvious balls, but it's a small sample size.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Crit ....What the heck! What a great game to watch! The subtle stuff where the team hustled and created runs. The leadership Pedroia showed. Lester stepping up and pitching better than Sabathia while getting  1/2 the calls. The pen was solid. Iglesias showing determination, skill and a brain.....

And was JBJ all that was advertised or what? That was a great game for a 1st time rookie called up from AA who was facing 2 of the toughest LH in baseball. He will experience some failure but I hope he remembers that if he keeps his head on straight and doesn't give up he can absolutely be an important part of a winning team. And I bet Gomes just creams left handed pitching all year long baby!

Crit, we are both fans and I think also on target in assessing this year's team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nice start to the season. Gotta love it.

I'm watching it for the second time right now. This is fun!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Nice start to the season. Gotta love it.

I'm watching it for the second time right now. This is fun!

take note of the discipline salty showed. Mistake to start him against CC?? i think not!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I feel like our OF is over-qualified. It's a great feeling. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Clearly Napoli was a terrible signing and Middlebrooks needs to go back to AAA;) And Bradley was hitless, maybe he should go back as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bradley had one of the greatest hitless games ever. :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Gotta love that outfield on defense, gotta love that bullpen too.

Sections
Shortcuts