A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

In response to mef429's comment:

moon, i know what play you are talking about now and disagree that drew would not have made it.

Come on! There no way Drew even gets a glove on that ball.

The ball was nearly past Iggy when he snagged it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

moon, i know what play you are talking about now and disagree that drew would not have made it.

i don't know moon.... just went back and watched it agian. I think Drew would get to the ball.. and he probably would've made a better throw too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

We have some depth at SS and that is great. We have options on Iglesias. We can send him down for more work on his bat and have him ready to step in if needed. He can still use more development and I think the point made in the Globe that Drew's help with lineup balance is significant. This team is weaker against RH pitching. Drew should help with that.

Most of us would prefer Iglesias with the big club but it's not going to happen and that is not all bad. We have depth and that is important. At a very important position.

Now if Bogaerts tears it up this spring maybe we are in a different situation later this summer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

A few years back some posters said Iglesias wasn't that fast.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/a-small-assortment-of-batter-times-to-first/

Gardner swinging infield hit  3.9s

Crawford  same 4.3s

Jeff Rutledge RHH bunting fastest time so far this year  3.67s

Iglesias bunting 3.77s and he slows up.

As the times from Arizona Fall League showed he is fast. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

i don't know moon.... just went back and watched it agian. I think Drew would get to the ball.. and he probably would've made a better throw too.

I give up. I will no longer discuss this issue with you. You do not watch the same games I do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I give up. I will no longer discuss this issue with you. You do not watch the same games I do.

LOL. i'll give it to you if you really protest that much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No mas. It's over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

No mas. It's over.

suit yourself. i'll keep track by myself Tongue Out

taking my ball and im going home

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

I've been watching for jumps to the ball by outfielders on both teams and replaying it about five times from the replay angle of behind the plate. In every situation, it appears that the outfielder is already in motion by the time that he is in view on the replay. He may have taken 4-8 steps before we see said outfielder.

Moon had to be joking when he said that he saw Ellsbury not leaning towards the plate on contact the other night. Me thinks that Moon likes to do Softlaw. That is like saying that you saw Ellsbury scratching his rear end when contact was made. This however is what makes the forum interesting. Bogus baloney.

Not many replays show the third base runner as the batter makes contact.  But if Moonslav saw it , it must be true.  After all , he is all knowing. He is our leader , our elder statesman. He must never be questioned , even when posting bogus baloney.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I've been watching for jumps to the ball by outfielders on both teams and replaying it about five times from the replay angle of behind the plate. In every situation, it appears that the outfielder is already in motion by the time that he is in view on the replay. He may have taken 4-8 steps before we see said outfielder.

Moon had to be joking when he said that he saw Ellsbury not leaning towards the plate on contact the other night. Me thinks that Moon likes to do Softlaw. That is like saying that you saw Ellsbury scratching his rear end when contact was made. This however is what makes the forum interesting. Bogus baloney.

Watch the replay. It clearly shows Ellsbury was not moving towards home when the pitch was reaching the bat. He had to start running from zero mph. It is clearly on the replay. What's bogus is that refuse to see reality for what it is: sometimes Sox players do not play like the Gods you think they are.

I have not seen Ellsbury get one slow break on any fly ball this year. I have not seen him take one wrong route this year. I have watched every play of every game. Some plays were not shown from the right angle to judge. 4-8 steps? Now, that is bogus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Not many replays show the third base runner as the batter makes contact.  But if Moonslav saw it , it must be true.  After all , he is all knowing. He is our leader , our elder statesman. He must never be questioned , even when posting bogus baloney.

I just watched it again on replay. It shows the pitch and the runner from 2 different angles. Ellsbury was not even leaning towards home as the pitch reached hom plate.

Two angles guys.

Before you spew nonsensse, at least go back and watch the play from both angles, then admit it is your bogus baloney and your "arrogance" that won't allow you to see truth if it knocks you upside your noggin.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I've watched it from both angles five times. He is in motion every time that you first see him on camera. Otherwise the truck cameraman woild have to be showing six picture-in-picture at the moment of contact. That has never been done before.  No replay ever shows the first step than an outfielder makes. Not one.

Bradley moves based on the pitch and the batter , so are you saying that the camera is on Bradley BEFORE contact. Baloney. Admit that you are wrong. Otherwise you are Softlaw.

he is not talking about Jacoby in the OF doofus. he is clearly talking about Ells on third running on contact after his triple.

please try to keep up

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I've watched it from both angles five times. He is in motion every time that you first see him on camera. Otherwise the truck cameraman woild have to be showing six picture-in-picture at the moment of contact. That has never been done before.  No replay ever shows the first step than an outfielder makes. Not one.

Bradley moves based on the pitch and the batter , so are you saying that the camera is on Bradley BEFORE contact. Baloney. Admit that you are wrong. Otherwise you are Softlaw.

You haven't watched the replay then. There are two angles that clearly show Ellsbury off 3B and the pitch being thrown. Two of the angles they showed had the runner (Ellsbury) and the thrown pitch in clear view. Ellsbury took one step to the plate, hesitated and stopped, he was not even leaning towards home when the ball reached home. It is as clear as day, and it has nothing to do with arrogance or baseball knowledge. Just watch the plays and be truthful.

I just asked my wife and daughter to watch and did not tell them my position on this issue. They both said he had stopped when the ball reached home plate. My wife said, "he waited until the all was hit before he started running." That by itself was not a "mistake", except most basbeall people think that if you run after contact you usually don't run if the ball is hit to 1B or 3B. That's not my beef, but it isn't. i like agressive baserunning and think Ellsbury could have scored on that play had he been just leaning towards or in a slight motion towards home plate as the pitch arrived at the plate.

I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it, but you guys just can't take even the slightest criticism of a Sox player.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No replay ever shows the first step than an outfielder makes. Not one.

And you call yourself "TV Guy"?

Your absurdity is neverending. 

The angle from the press box AND the angle from behind home plate both often have the CF'er in the frame as the pitch reaches the plate.

Do you even have a TV or are you watching the games on the radio?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Admit that you are wrong. Otherwise you are Softlaw.

This is more clownish than anything softy has ever said.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Ellsbury has always been a careful player. To a fault. He's still a great player.

Now Victorino and Gomes, that's another story!

By the way, I worked sports events on TV crews for years. Of course there are shots showing the OF positions at the time contact. It's called a "cover" shot by the way. And at the time of contact a director often cuts to it to give the audience the feel for the direction of the ball and the play in general. As we see the ball leave the infield don't we always see the OF in motion? I mean come on. The OF rarely makes even 2 steps before being on screen. That cut to the cover shot is generally 1/2 second or so after the hit. So we can see the OF running almost instantaneously.

Often followed by a closer range shot in the area where the ball was hit. In baseball, each cameraman has an area to cover and generally aautomatic instructions on what to do with each hit.  One guy might be covering the pitcher and hitter combo and then follow the ball with a zoom for example. Another guy is working the stands for crowd shots. Another guy is doing the cover shot etc.

A major game like this would probably involve at least 5 cameras. Something like the World Series maybe as many as 10-12. These are just estimates as I've never done MLB events specifically but I've done similar sports and entertainment programs.   

I wouldn't worry about some of these guys Moon. They are obviously wasting your time. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

The more we get to see Iglesias the more good things we see. For example snagging throws from the catchers and the OF to make tags. He is great at that. That is an important skill.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Bradley is going to have to do some damage or they are just going to keep throwing strikes. He seems to be connecting and just needs a few more to find holes or drop for him. He can give it a ride sometimes. That will help a lot. When he hits a few dingers the whole world will change for him. I think he is doing fine.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Ellsbury has always been a careful player. To a fault. He's still a great player.

Now Victorino and Gomes, that's another story!

By the way, I worked sports events on TV crews for years. Of course there are shots showing the OF positions at the time contact. It's called a "cover" shot by the way. And at the time of contact a director often cuts to it to give the audience the feel for the direction of the ball and the play in general. As we see the ball leave the infield don't we always see the OF in motion? I mean come on. The OF rarely makes even 2 steps before being on screen. That cut to the cover shot is generally 1/2 second or so after the hit. So we can see the OF running almost instantaneously.

Often followed by a closer range shot in the area where the ball was hit. In baseball, each cameraman has an area to cover and generally aautomatic instructions on what to do with each hit.  One guy might be covering the pitcher and hitter combo and then follow the ball with a zoom for example. Another guy is working the stands for crowd shots. Another guy is doing the cover shot etc.

A major game like this would probably involve at least 5 cameras. Something like the World Series maybe as many as 10-12. These are just estimates as I've never done MLB events specifically but I've done similar sports and entertainment programs.   

I wouldn't worry about some of these guys Moon. They are obviously wasting your time. 

Thanks, boom. Now, expect this clown to go after your credentials, or "bias", or accuse you of being "softlaw if you don't admit you are wrong".

I admit that all balls hit to CF are not always shown on an angle that shows the Cf at the time of contact. Several times the CF'er is shown an instant or two after contact. Even then, one can tell if the CF'er broke late, if he is just then beginning to move after the delay between the one angle without him in the frame and the one with him moving towards the ball.

Look, I am not complaining about Ellsbury's as much as I used to. he has gotten much better, but I still think I is a slight weakness in his defense, and along with the big arm strength weakness, I'd prefer to have JBJ in CF. It's not a knock on Ellsbury to say this, since I think JBJ might be the best defensive CF'er in MLb right now.