A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Will-Da-Beast.  moon has named him well.

Of course, moon also wanted to trade him for Gavin Floyd.  Sorry moon, but you knew I had to bring that up at some point... Wink

I haven't forgotten. I'm not afraid to own up, but I mentioned a couple dozen combinations to get Floyd- not many included "Will-da-beast". Part of the reason  was I see Bogaerts as a 3Bman not SS.

you included WMB in a trade for Gavin?? wow, musta missed that one. i figured if you were gonna trade WMB it would have been included in your ideas for J Upton (unless i missed that post too) since AZ wanted a 3Bman

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Moon, need your opinion on the Iggy/drew debate. What do you think about the play today? one in particular comes to mind, halfway-late in the game (do not recall the inning) Iggy took a few steps to his right and sort of "fell" on the ball. Think Drew makes that play? i've polled a few other posters about it with mixed results. Personally, i think he does because it wasn't so much a rangy play where Iggy has a vast advantage over him but it looked tough nonetheless.

I just started watching the game. I almost always watch it on tape delay so as to avoid comercials. I'll let you know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Moon, need your opinion on the Iggy/drew debate. What do you think about the play today? one in particular comes to mind, halfway-late in the game (do not recall the inning) Iggy took a few steps to his right and sort of "fell" on the ball. Think Drew makes that play? i've polled a few other posters about it with mixed results. Personally, i think he does because it wasn't so much a rangy play where Iggy has a vast advantage over him but it looked tough nonetheless.

I just started watching the game. I almost always watch it on tape delay so as to avoid comercials. I'll let you know.

enjoy the THUNDAH

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Nearly every scribe in the country thinks that Iggy is a magician at SS and has better range, hands, arm, and reflexes than most others.  They all are wondering if he can hit as well as Drew. Why look for plays using a microscope to find him making a rare mistake? Why not just be happy with his fielding and hitting? Smile, be happy, it is later than you think.

since you are loosely posting about baseball i will indulge your trolling. It's not about finding a mistake in Iggys defensive play (he has 0 errors anyway). It's about judging how many plays he will make over Drew from a defensive standpoint over a full season. If it only turns out to be 5 or 6 over the course of a couple months like it was last season when we did the same comparison with Iggy/Aviles then that means Drew is a better option at SS due to the better bat while sacrificing 5 or 6 plays every few months.

now, back onto ignore you go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

enjoy the THUNDAH

Mef always kissing up to Moonslav. " I need your opinion ". Give me a break.  Iglesias is so far superior to Drew defensively that it should not even be discussed. Update : Iglesias hitting  .529 for Boston. Drew at .100 for Portland . I know , I know , small sample size. Small sample size is always used when it supports your position. Given the choice, would any GM in baseball take Drew over Iglesias ?  Can you even ask that question ? 

small sample size. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

enjoy the THUNDAH

Mef always kissing up to Moonslav. " I need your opinion ". Give me a break.  Iglesias is so far superior to Drew defensively that it should not even be discussed. Update : Iglesias hitting  .529 for Boston. Drew at .100 for Portland . I know , I know , small sample size. Small sample size is always used when it supports your position. Given the choice, would any GM in baseball take Drew over Iglesias ?  Can you even ask that question ? 

small sample size. 

i asked everyones opinion on the play. not just moon. maybe i'm just kissing up to everyone on the forum? Moon claimed that Iggy would make 60-100 more plays than Drew over the course of a season we are keeping track of plays that Iggy would make that Drew would not to see how accurate his claim (and the subsequent projections made from that claim) are. So far there have only been 2 plays. this could be #3. you don't like that i'm keeping track? nobodys forcing you to come to this thread

Also, if you could point out when i used small sample sizes to support my opinion like you claim then i would be grateful. I didn't even use Iggys .118 BA in the MLB last season to bash him because it was a small sample. I'll be waiting.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

enjoy the THUNDAH

small sample size. 

Moon is clearly one of the most respected posters here. Thats why his opinion is valued more than some others.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

There are about 10 mil. Red Sox fans in the Country and how many are losing sleep over the Drew vs. Iggy debate tonight. This is really weird.

Sure Pike. I know that debate has already kept me awake many nights already.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

enjoy the THUNDAH

small sample size. 

i asked everyones opinion on the play. not just moon. maybe i'm just kissing up to everyone on the forum? Moon claimed that Iggy would make 60-100 more plays than Drew over the course of a season we are keeping track of plays that Iggy would make that Drew would not to see how accurate his claim (and the subsequent projections made from that claim) are. So far there have only been 2 plays. this could be #3. you don't like that i'm keeping track? nobodys forcing you to come to this thread

Nobody is forcing me to come to this thread ?  Really ?  Thanks. I thought it was mandatory.  You didn't ask everyones opinion on the play. You are kissing up to Moonslav. Why ?  Why do you do that ?  Are you seeking his blessing ? If you know anything about the game , you would admit that Iglesias can make plays that Drew could not dream of.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

enjoy the THUNDAH

small sample size. 

Moon is clearly one of the most respected posters here. Thats why his opinion is valued more than some others.

Another kiss up .  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

enjoy the THUNDAH

small sample size. 

Nobody is forcing me to come to this thread ?  Really ?  Thanks. I thought it was mandatory.  You didn't ask everyones opinion on the play. You are kissing up to Moonslav. Why ?  Why do you do that ?  Are you seeking his blessing ? If you know anything about the game , you would admit that Iglesias can make plays that Drew could not dream of.  

did you even read my previous post? i already have. i said that there have been 2 plays so far this season that Iggy makes and Drew doesn't. also, i asked in the gamethread and on the gamethread chat. Since moon and i are both keeping track i think it's pretty obvious that we should agree on the plays while they are recent. If not, at the end of the season if there are discrepancies in the numbers we will be fighting that on this day Iggy makes a GREAT play or on that day a ball got past Drew that Iggy may have gotten to.. You're welcome to help out if you can keep your heart out of it and be objective..

also, still waiting for proof on my use (or rather, misuse) of small sample sizes.............

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

enjoy the THUNDAH

small sample size. 

Another kiss up .  

if we were really kissing up to moon we would share his opinions and there wouldn't be a need to debate Iggy/Drew with him.. but once again, Logic escapes you DG.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

You are kissing up to Moon in agreeing with him that there is an issue here concerning Drew vs. Iggy. No decision that involves comparing the two under a microscope is warranted at this time. You are perpetuating a useless, unwarranted debate about nothing.

a debate that you do not have to take part in. You don't even talk baseball so you have no point in being here besides trolling... This thread is for baseball discussions only. Please find another thread to troll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There are about 10 mil. Red Sox fans in the Country and how many are losing sleep over the Drew vs. Iggy debate tonight. This is really weird.

I haven't slep all week. I expected Iggy to have 3-4 more plays made over Drew, but he only has 2. What ever am I to do now?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

mef429: I just saw the play. I'd guess Drew makes that play when healthy, but I'm still not sure he is there. I'll give you this one.

Iggy +2

Drew +1

Net: Iggy + 1 after 5 games played by Iggy

(small sample, but it's a pace of +30 over 150 games)

Assume Iggy bats .220 (110 for 500), add 30 singles, and he's at .280 (140/500)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

mef429: I just saw the play. I'd guess Drew makes that play when healthy, but I'm still not sure he is there. I'll give you this one.

Iggy +2

Drew +1

Net: Iggy + 1 after 5 games played by Iggy

(small sample, but it's a pace of +30 over 150 games)

Assume Iggy bats .220 (110 for 500), add 30 singles, and he's at .280 (140/500)

drew +1? what play does Drew make that iggy doesn't?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I haven't slep all week. I expected Iggy to have 3-4 more plays made over Drew, but he only has 2. What ever am I to do now?

Well, I could let you know where Pike's secret bridge is located, but the danger there is that you might have to gaze upon the countenance of Pike as the last sight you ever saw on this earth. Better that you should try to find Medusa.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This debate is ridiculous. It is not just the ground balls. How about the scoop and tags on steal attempts ? The double plays turned ?  The popups caught?   Iglesias is not only far better than Drew , but he is ,arguably , the best defensive shortstop in the game.  Forget your sample sizes. Just watch him play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I know that it is a long winter , snowy, and cloudy in Syracuse but you really need to get outside instead of being chained to your computer for 18 hrs. per day. Are you taking any vitamin D. Put your computer next to the window and get some of nature's vitamin D.  Two hot dogs, a bag of chips, and a coke are not good for one's diet. All of these threads go down the forum toilet every week. It's not worth it to waste your life here. We argued about Olerud and he is gone - all a waste of time.

I like to give credit where it is due. I have to hand it to you. You are really on your game the past couple of days. Some classic stuff.  A shame that more people don't appreciate it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This debate is ridiculous. It is not just the ground balls. How about the scoop and tags on steal attempts ? The double plays turned ?  The popups caught?   Iglesias is not only far better than Drew , but he is ,arguably , the best defensive shortstop in the game.  Forget your sample sizes. Just watch him play.

I will count all plays made by Iggy that I do not think Drew makes, including DP, pop-ups caught, tags made, etc...

I'm still guessing it will be 60-100 over 150 games, maybe more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

drew +1? what play does Drew make that iggy doesn't?

My mistake. They both make that play, so it's not a +1 for Drew.

It is Iggy +2 over 5 games (a pace of 60 over 150).

There have been some close plays, like the nice tag that maybe Drew doesn't make, but I'm trying to be conservative. (It might really be +3)