A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

In response to BMav's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I didn't count that play as  plus one for Iggy.

So what was the two plays then? I know the one right before he left the game. But whats the other play?

You keep your own score, because we will never agree on anything.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Nava gets the start in left. Well deserved.

I almost penciled him into my projected line-up, but went with Bradley instead. No argument. I think Nava is hot, as he often is early in t6he season, so I'm OK with him out there in the short LF.

looks like Farrell made the right call riding the hot bat into the home opener.

Time for soty to get himself banned, come back under another name, and deny everything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

So what was the two plays then? I know the one right before he left the game. But whats the other play?

any ones that jumped out at you today? i was watching from my phone and tablet and trying to get my MLB TV working properly so i wasn't paying much attention.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

So you won't say? Interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Did you guys see that little hook step Nava has developed, ala Bryce Harper? Pretty cool and he knocked that ball right over the monster wasn't it. Perfect Fenway swing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, it is interesting that it doesn't matter with you. You don't watch the same game, so what's the use in discussing anything with you.

Find another poster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Updated:

OBP

Nava   .588

Iggy     .476

Pedey  .455

Ciriaco .429

Vict      .406

Gomes .375

Salty    .350

Midds   .333

JBJ       .333

Ellsb    .314

Naps   .194

Ross   .111

I mentioned on a winter thread about our LF outlook that I thought a Nava/Gomes platoon in LF could turn LF into our best OBP position. They're off to a great start, although much has been as a DH.

SLG%

Nava 1.083

Midds  .786

Iggy   .550

Ellsb  .485

Naps  .452

Pedey .393

Vict     .379

Gomes .308

Salty   .250

JBJ      .190

Ross    .111

Nava's OPS is off the charts!  

(Iggy and Will-Da-Beast are both over 1.000 as well.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects's comment:

Did you guys see that little hook step Nava has developed, ala Bryce Harper? Pretty cool and he knocked that ball right over the monster wasn't it. Perfect Fenway swing.

Boom, I heard him mention something about his stance during the post interview, but didn't catch it all.  I intend on re-watching to look for it.

I do know that I'm really ECSTATIC for the guy.  Good things couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  I'm sure you read Jid's comment on the very nice conversation they had with him?

If Nava keeps this up only partially, he'll probably get more right-handed at bats than expected.  And, his defense is certainly decent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Yes, it is interesting that it doesn't matter with you. You don't watch the same game, so what's the use in discussing anything with you.

Find another poster.

Wow. Asked a simple straight forward question and you become a jerk. Ok.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Updated:

OBP

Nava   .588

Iggy     .476

Pedey  .455

Ciriaco .429

Vict      .406

Gomes .375

Salty    .350

Midds   .333

JBJ       .333

Ellsb    .314

Naps   .194

Ross   .111

I mentioned on a winter thread about our LF outlook that I thought a Nava/Gomes platoon in LF could turn LF into our best OBP position. They're off to a great start, although much has been as a DH.

SLG%

Nava 1.083

Midds  .786

Iggy   .550

Ellsb  .485

Naps  .452

Pedey .393

Vict     .379

Gomes .308

Salty   .250

JBJ      .190

Ross    .111

Nava's OPS is off the charts!  

(Iggy and Will-Da-Beast are both over 1.000 as well.)

Wow. If you asked me what Ellsbury's OBP is off the top of my head, I would've guessed about the same as Victorino's. huh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Find another poster.

Wow. Asked a simple straight forward question and you become a jerk. Ok.

Glad you're "OK" with it.

"Interesting".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wow. If you asked me what Ellsbury's OBP is off the top of my head, I would've guessed about the same as Victorino's. huh.\

Small sample sizes can be affected by one bad game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lester and Buch are looking good. Who will be that key 3rd starter we need so badly to do well?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Boom, I heard him mention something about his stance during the post interview, but didn't catch it all.  I intend on re-watching to look for it.

I do know that I'm really ECSTATIC for the guy.  Good things couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  I'm sure you read Jid's comment on the very nice conversation they had with him?

If Nava keeps this up only partially, he'll probably get more right-handed at bats than expected.  And, his defense is certainly decent.

Nava's fundementals were flawless on that shot. He is not a big, powerful guy but he got excellent torque in that swing. It was great to watch, in a game where no one else was hitting.

I gotta say that Baltimore's Adam Jones looks like a beast this year. He looks like vintage Arod up there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

I was never very high on Nava as a right-handed hitter, but he has looked very good all spring long. He's very selective, rarely swings at bad pitches, and it looks like he finally has developed some consistent pop in his bat. And as Amp pointed out earlier, he was very much a gentleman to my handicapped father-in-law in Fort Myers. Sometimes good things DO happen to good people!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Lester and Buch are looking good. Who will be that key 3rd starter we need so badly to do well?

Lackey ( w/ out the bicept cramp ). Can't get over how sharp he looked out there. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Lackey ( w/ out the bicept cramp ). Can't get over how sharp he looked out there. 

We still need that 3rd guy to have a real shot, IMO.

Perhaps someone will step up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I think we have 3 solid #3 guys. Nothing tremendous but the 3,4 and 5 slots should all win at over a 50% clip with this team. 

Exactly as projected. Ye of little faith!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Nava's fundementals were flawless on that shot. He is not a big, powerful guy but he got excellent torque in that swing. It was great to watch, in a game where no one else was hitting.

I gotta say that Baltimore's Adam Jones looks like a beast this year. He looks like vintage Arod up there.

With Nava, is it that little toe-tap you're referring to?..a Bryce Harper thing?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

GOOD question!!

Bofore Lackey got hurt, his performance, considering it was his first start following long rehabilitation, was pretty impressive.

Maybe the injury is only a temporary setback and the biceps will increase in strength over a little time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Judging only from the one start, Lackey did look best of the 3 candidates, Doubront the worst.  But that's one start.  Wish I had more confidence that one of those 3 could do it, but hoping someone from AAA might show up big later on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

GOOD question!!

Bofore Lackey got hurt, his performance, considering it was his first start following long rehabilitation, was pretty impressive.

Maybe the injury is only a temporary setback and the biceps will increase in strength over a little time.

Before the season started, I saw Lackey as the best bet to step into a solid #3 role. As everyone knows by now, I was not confident in any of our 3-5 starters being a dependable starter, and that was the major reason I limited my outlook for our chances this year. I'm still worried, but at least my worries about one of Lester or Buch possibly struggling looks to be less likely at this point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Like Barry Zito did for the Giants last season?? he is very much like Lackey, Pitched very well for years until signing a big contract for a new team and sucked hardcore. Then out of nowhere he came in and was money in the 2012 PS. That could be Lackey in 2013 if we make the PS. but let's get that bicep straightened out and make the PS before we worry about who our #3 is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Like Barry Zito did for the Giants last season?? he is very much like Lackey, Pitched very well for years until signing a big contract for a new team and sucked hardcore. Then out of nowhere he came in and was money in the 2012 PS. That could be Lackey in 2013 if we make the PS. but let's get that bicep straightened out and make the PS before we worry about who our #3 is.

Yeah, last summer, Zito was the guy I thought we might trade CC for. softy called Zito a "union slug" and worse. I thought it might be a good way to dump much of CC's salary and get a player that might turn it around.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Well, Webster is really the only one close to ready(if that) on the farm.

Let's hope Aceves puts his head in the right place and contribute.