A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

In response to NerdatMIT's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

Jed Lowrie...yes, I'm glad he's doing so well.  I always did support him.  I remember that he got a key home run for us and rounded the bases supporting his injured hand.  He tried his best to play through the serious pain he was experiencing.

It's just unfortunate that he was injured so much of the time with us...a tough break.

Jid, yes, my unritten intent was to separate this thread from all the others.  Actually, it almost surprises me that we're somewhat immune from their infestation..LOL.

God bless America and the superb job by all the citizens of Boston and law enforcement organizations. 

P.S.  Can everyone believe the job Pettitte is doing for the Yankess?...incredible.

Do you need  a link to a NYY form?>

I think you're subliminally asking to be put on ignore, nerd-boy-pike.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Jed Lowrie...yes, I'm glad he's doing so well.  I always did support him.  I remember that he got a key home run for us and rounded the bases supporting his injured hand.  He tried his best to play through the serious pain he was experiencing.

It's just unfortunate that he was injured so much of the time with us...a tough break.

Jid, yes, my unritten intent was to separate this thread from all the others.  Actually, it almost surprises me that we're somewhat immune from their infestation..LOL.

God bless America and the superb job by all the citizens of Boston and law enforcement organizations. 

P.S.  Can everyone believe the job Pettitte is doing for the Yankess?...incredible.

Do you need  a link to a NYY form?>

Do you need a link to a thesaurus so you can select more usernames?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Moon, the information that you have and share is nothing short of astonishing!..incredible, really.

I'm already wishing it was tomorrow not only because we're on such a role, but I'm just salivating at the thought of seeing Webster pitch.  I kind of wish it was the first game.

NAVA....the guy just keeps overachieving and it's not a bad thing at all.  He just continues to prove everyone wrong.  The way he gets on base, produces etc. makes one wonder if there will be any platooning.  I'm sure he'll eventually cool off, but even if he does, like Moon has written, his OBP has always been high.

Has anyone heard anything about Victorino?  I hope the injury isn't anything to keep him out of the lineup.

Amp, I'm pumped up on Webster as well.

Nava is off to another great OBP start.

WOW!

I haven't watched today's game yet. I missed what happened to SV.

I did not hear anyone mentioning that he is injured. Gomes pinch hit for him with a lefty on the mound for the Royals and he doubled off the wall.

Don and Jery said that he came out of the game with back stiffness. which is why Gomes came in. "It wasn't a PH, it was a replacement for an injured Victorino" was his exact words. Which sucks considering the double header tomorrow. I hope it's not serious and he is able to play at least 1 game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Moon, the information that you have and share is nothing short of astonishing!..incredible, really.

I'm already wishing it was tomorrow not only because we're on such a role, but I'm just salivating at the thought of seeing Webster pitch.  I kind of wish it was the first game.

NAVA....the guy just keeps overachieving and it's not a bad thing at all.  He just continues to prove everyone wrong.  The way he gets on base, produces etc. makes one wonder if there will be any platooning.  I'm sure he'll eventually cool off, but even if he does, like Moon has written, his OBP has always been high.

Has anyone heard anything about Victorino?  I hope the injury isn't anything to keep him out of the lineup.

WOW!

I did not hear anyone mentioning that he is injured. Gomes pinch hit for him with a lefty on the mound for the Royals and he doubled off the wall.

Don and Jery said that he came out of the game with back stiffness. which is why Gomes came in. "It wasn't a PH, it was a replacement for an injured Victorino" was his exact words. Which sucks considering the double header tomorrow. I hope it's not serious and he is able to play at least 1 game.

We really can't afford to lose SV. Even though Papi's return makes Gomes or Nava available for OF duty, SV's defense and hot bat would be sorely missed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

WOW!

We really can't afford to lose SV. Even though Papi's return makes Gomes or Nava available for Of duty, SV's defense and hot bat would be sorely missed.

most definitely. here to hoping that it isn't serious and he gets well soon.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

2013 PAYROLL (LUXURY TAX THRESHOLD: $178 MILLION)

ESTIMATED 2013 TOTAL COMMITMENTS:  ~$165 MILLION

(AS MEASURED FOR LUXURY TAX PURPOSES)

One important footnote is that if Napoli's hip condition doesn't put him out of action, his salary increases to 13 million and the total payroll increases to 173 million.  Still 5 million under the threshold.  Plus it's not a big deal if they go a little over the threshold this year.  Next year is when everything changes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Lester is under control through 2014. (Team option for 2014 at 13 million.)

Pedroia is under control through 2015. (Team option for 2015 at 11 million.)

The really good news - Buchholz is under control through 2017. (Team options for 2016 and 2017 at a total of 26.5 million.)

Locking these 3 up at these terms was one of Theo's best moves. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The really good news - Buchholz is under control through 2017. (Team options for 2016 and 2017 at a total of 26.5 million.)

if only he could have nabbed jacoby too...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They were geart signings (extensions) and somewhat gambles at the times, but really, I think almost every GM in MLB with the resources at Theo's hands would have done close to the same thing. I'm not trying to take anything away from Theo. He got it done, and now we are gaining by these moves. We have 3 key players locked up for several years at close to half their FA market value. This goes a long way towards setting ourselves up for spending elsewhere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No so easy with a BorA$$ client, and at what cost? Has they extended him before 2011, maybe it might have been at a reasonable price, but if it was after 2011, we'd be seeing a pretty massive underperformance thus far- due mainly to injury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

No so easy with a BorA$$ client

it wasn't for a lack of trying though, seemed like every offseason you'd hear rumors of Theo meeting with Ells and Boras to try and get a deal done. but like we all know, Boras urges his clients to go year2year until they hit FA.

BTW Middlebrooks seems like a guy who would extend before he hits FA. it seems like with every media appearance he mentions how much he loves this city, how much fun he has playing for the team and so on...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

it wasn't for a lack of trying though, seemed like every offseason you'd hear rumors of Theo meeting with Ells and Boras to try and get a deal done. but like we all know, Boras urges his clients to go year2year until they hit FA.

BTW Middlebrooks seems like a guy who would extend before he hits FA. it seems like with every media appearance he mentions how much he loves this city, how much fun he has playing for the team and so on...

I'm not sold 100% on Middlebrooks thus far. No rush there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I'm not sold 100% on Middlebrooks thus far. No rush there.

i agree completely, i would like to see more discipline and some consistency before i am ready to commit long term financially.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If we hit luxury tax issues next year, we can probably restructure Lackey's deal that right now includes the minimum wage season team option that does not affect his average annual salary figure. He is owed $15.25M for 2014 and the Sox will likely take the minimum wage option for 2016, but since it is an option, it does not reduce his average yearly salary figure applied towards the luxury tax limit. I think since he will be due a little less than $16M for 2015+2016, we could restructure to $12M for 2015 and $6.5M for 2016. That would give him a little more money and us almost $7M subtracted from our 2015 luxury tax total.

However, if we foresee needing more cap space in 2016, we may choose not to do it and save about $7M from that year's cap limit number.

Choices are there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

When you think about it, 189 million is an extremely generous payroll cap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

If we hit luxury tax issues next year, we can probably restructure Lackey's deal that right now includes the minimum wage season team option that does not affect his average annual salary figure. He is owed $15.25M for 2014 and the Sox will likely take the minimum wage option for 2016, but since it is an option, it does not reduce his average yearly salary figure applied towards the luxury tax limit. I think since he will be due a little less than $16M for 2015+2016, we could restructure to $12M for 2015 and $6.5M for 2016. That would give him a little more money and us almost $7M subtracted from our 2015 luxury tax total.

However, if we foresee needing more cap space in 2016, we may choose not to do it and save about $7M from that year's cap limit number.

Choices are there.

can they do that??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Choices are there.

can they do that??

I think the union would have to approve, but as long as the restructuring does not reduce the overall payout, I think there won't be a problem. If they give him a tiny bit more, how can they say no?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tough games- tough day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Tough games- tough day.

Miller made it a little easier to decide who goes when Morales makes it back. No question I would get rid of him by any means necessary. You cannot have a RP come in and be wild as consistently as he is.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where were Moon and Softlaw all day and then they walk in the door together?

Are you going to post these same lies on every thread?

I was here all day long posting nearly every hour of the day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Tough games- tough day.

Miller made it a little easier to decide who goes when Morales makes it back. No question I would get rid of him by any means necessary. You cannot have a RP come in and be wild as consistently as he is.

I'm sure no one feels worse than Miller himself, but you do have a legitimate point.  A relief pitcher without control really has very limited business on the staff unless it's strictly for long relief.  Even then, like today, he inherited a bases empty situation...and failed.

If Breslow is effective when he returns, between him and Morales, I agree that his days are numbered.

It would be nice if the coaching staff could solve the problem because, basically, Miller has great stuff, velocity and he's left-handed.  I hope this isn't just wishful thinking.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Where were Moon and Softlaw all day and then they walk in the door together?

Are you going to post these same lies on every thread?

I was here all day long posting nearly every hour of the day.

Moon, don't waste your time and effort.  The 'Nerd-boy' is only here to irritate.

If I remember correctly, I think you once said that you didn't believe in the ignore button.  This may be possible cause for exception?

Sections
Shortcuts