A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: A Realistic View at 2013: Part II

In response to ampoule's comment:

I read a blip that Iggy was beched for not hustling.

If so, I'm not impressed.

Anyone have more data?

He was benched for a few games at the start of the month due to not hustling and having a tude' because he wasnt in Boston. Hes playing again the last week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

I read a blip that Iggy was beched for not hustling.

If so, I'm not impressed.

Anyone have more data?

He was benched for a few games at the start of the month due to not hustling and having a tude' because he wasnt in Boston. Hes playing again the last week.

Thanks...a pouter.

For a reality check, he should read Nava's bio.

My enthusiasm for him has dropped a few notches.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Escobar is a career 663 OPS SS so I dont expect too much more from him. 

I don't, but those are better numbers than Sean Rodriguez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

TB vs Bal

NY vs Tor

Bos vs MN

Good chance to make some gains.

Toronto has been playing better as of late (4-game W streak) and the O's pitching is in trouble. Good for the Sox, bad for the other division leaders.

Unfortunately, Kuroda is up against Buehrle tonight.

Advantage, Yankees.

HHmm, A shut out for the Yanks. Kuroda continues to be a surefire stud. He's our problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Is it just me or do they give Cobb that low strike more than any other pitcher in baseball?

Please God, make us have a better draft year than last year. 2012 may well end up as our worst draft in history. Imagine our farm if we got anyhting from last year's crop?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Lol...which is also not saying much ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Is it just me or do they give Cobb that low strike more than any other pitcher in baseball?

Please God, make us have a better draft year than last year. 2012 may well end up as our worst draft in history. Imagine our farm if we got anyhting from last year's crop?

Not a Mike Trout or Strasburg type guy, but not nearly as bad as you make it out to be either. We wont know on a couple of these guys for another couple years. Not sure how you can use the term worst in history. A bit deamatic I think.

Callahan and Buttrey have a lot of promise and a lot of upside. Aguliera is making himself known already this year, Marrero looks to be a steady solid SS. Light and Maddox look like good pen arms with Maddox being eyed as a possible closer because scouts love his make up for that role. Johnson looks to be a solid BOTR starter who can eat some innings. Nothing wrong with last years draft Boom. Nothing at all.

1 (24) Deven Marrero SS Arizona State 1 (31)* Brian Johnson LHP Florida 1s (37)* Pat Light RHP Monmouth 2 (87) Jamie Callahan RHP Dillon HS (SC) 3 (118) Austin Maddox RHP Florida 4 Ty Buttrey RHP Providence HS (NC) 5 Mike Augliera RHP Binghamton

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear Blue Jays,

Learn how to #&^%$ win at Yankee stadium.   

Geez.

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan who thinks that your team stinks.    LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lol...which is also not saying much ;)

\

True but a rise from .550 to .650 is as good as one from .750 to .850. A gain is a gain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects's comment:

I think in general this season umpiring has been horrible for the Sox and their opponents.  I work for/watch NESN and have seen some of the worst calls in recent years on the Amica pitch zone.  Not everyone agrees with the system but its been quite noticable to me compared to previous seasons.

Either its way out of calibration, or some of the umps need serious eye exams and re-training.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The umps have been worse than normal, but I think it has been evenly bad so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Not a Mike Trout or Strasburg type guy, but not nearly as bad as you make it out to be either. We wont know on a couple of these guys for another couple years. Not sure how you can use the term worst in history. A bit deamatic I think.

Callahan and Buttrey have a lot of promise and a lot of upside. Aguliera is making himself known already this year, Marrero looks to be a steady solid SS. Light and Maddox look like good pen arms with Maddox being eyed as a possible closer because scouts love his make up for that role. Johnson looks to be a solid BOTR starter who can eat some innings. Nothing wrong with last years draft Boom. Nothing at all.

1 (24) Deven Marrero SS Arizona State 1 (31)* Brian Johnson LHP Florida 1s (37)* Pat Light RHP Monmouth 2 (87) Jamie Callahan RHP Dillon HS (SC) 3 (118) Austin Maddox RHP Florida 4 Ty Buttrey RHP Providence HS (NC) 5 Mike Augliera RHP Binghamton

Marrero looked terrific in Spring Training; small sample I know, but he has all the tools. He was invited to major league camp right out of the shoot so someone thinks pretty highly of him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jidgef's comment:

Marrero looked terrific in Spring Training; small sample I know, but he has all the tools. He was invited to major league camp right out of the shoot so someone thinks pretty highly of him.

Hey jid,

yeah, I think they had a pretty decent draft last year. Lot of young arms that we will have to wait to see if they work out. But Marrero, Aguliera, and Maddox are making waves right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hey jid,

yeah, I think they had a pretty decent draft last year. Lot of young arms that we will have to wait to see if they work out. But Marrero, Aguliera, and Maddox are making waves right now.

It may take a few years before we can know for sure, but I think last year's draft was a very good one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Baltimore's streak of 109 straight wins when leading after seven innings was snapped last night when the Rays scored six runs in the ninth to beat the O's, 10-6.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Baltimore's streak of 109 straight wins when leading after seven innings was snapped last night when the Rays scored six runs in the ninth to beat the O's, 10-6. 

But this was actually the second straight game that closer Jim Johnson blew.  In the previous one the Birds were leading San Diego 2-1 after 8 innings and Johnson gave up 2 runs in the 9th.

The San Diego game was tied 1-1 after 7 so the 'streak' of games leading after 7 was intact, technically... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

But this was actually the second straight game that closer Jim Johnson blew.  In the previous one the Birds were leading San Diego 2-1 after 8 innings and Johnson gave up 2 runs in the 9th.

The San Diego game was tied 1-1 after 7 so the 'streak' of games leading after 7 was intact, technically... 

Good morning Hfxsoxnut    Laughing

I agree with you.  I am also glad to see Baltimore struggling.   Johnson was wild yesterday. 

Now if only Toronto can help us by beating the Yankees.  Toronto is 1-8 vs. the Yankees this year.  *shaking my head*

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Jays have lost 9 in a row at Yankee Stadium as well. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The Jays have lost 9 in a row at Yankee Stadium as well. 

Also, the seriously-overrated Blue Jays have lost 23 of its last 28 games at Yankee Stadium.  It is raining here in the NYC area so I hope today's game between the Yankees and Blue Jays get rained out.  LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

After Toronto, the Yanks play 3 @ Balt, 3 @ TBR, then 2 & 2 vs the Mets before hosting the Sox abd Indians for 3 each. After that, they have their 10 game west coast trip. 2 at home vs LAD, 4 vs TBR, and 3 vs TEX.

Not an easy stretch here

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Very informative...

Tongue Out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Well Moon, as the season wears on, McCarthy is looking better & better. A 3-Hit, CG Shut-out yesterday. Went 8 the last time out. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Well Moon, as the season wears on, McCarthy is looking better & better. A 3-Hit, CG Shut-out yesterday. Went 8 the last time out. 

The reason I wanted B McCarthy was not so much for 2013, but for 2015 and beyond. I thought we could get him for 3 or 4 years at about the same cost as Dempster for 2.