A Reason to Feel Good About Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

A Reason to Feel Good About Middlebrooks

He's certainly working to earn his spot.

Also working out Monday in Fort Myers, according to WBZ Radio's Jonny Miller, who was there, were third baseman Will Middlebrooks, outfielders Jackie Bradley Jr., Alex Hassan and Daniel Nava, and catcher Blake Swihart. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: A Reason to Feel Good About Middlebrooks

Middlebrooks knows that he has to do well to have a major league starting position.  Of course, he is going to work hard.  I have never read of him not working hard.

He certainly has enough talent and potential for the Red Sox not to give up on unless they can get an already proven player for him in any trade.

This guy hits the ball out of the park like no other right handed hitter on the entire roster, and right handed power is in high demand.

He may need some good fortune to become a middle of the order bat, but he can't be given up on for at least the first half of this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Just the love the mindset of a young player who knows there are doubts out there about him and is busting his btt to get better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Jon Lester ‏@JLester31   20h

It's that time! Making our way to the Fort. #RedSox #SpringTraining pic.twitter.com/Ipouk2ZoWg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Good Job Will !!!!   Make us all proud !!!!!!    SOFTY says your our 3rd baseman with "pop" in the bat !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just the love the mindset of a young player who knows there are doubts out there about him and is busting his btt to get better.

[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure his overall mindset is where it needs to be, unless he has changed his mind about trying to hit a homerun every time he swings. Thats essentially what he said last year. I never hear that from good HR hitters; they simply say that they try to put a good swing on at the ball. I would like to hear that kind of approach verbalized by Middlebrooks too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure his overall mindset is where it needs to be, unless he has changed his mind about trying to hit a homerun every time he swings. Thats essentially what he said last year. I never hear that from good HR hitters; they simply say that they try to put a good swing on at the ball. I would like to hear that kind of approach verbalized by Middlebrooks too.

[/QUOTE]

That was earlier in the year. Did you see his approach when he came back? He went the opposite way a lot, still had power, like he did in 2012.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was earlier in the year. Did you see his approach when he came back? He went the opposite way a lot, still had power, like he did in 2012.

[/QUOTE]Roy 1-niner,      DAD & B-806 CONCUR  !!!  Looking for some good production this year from him !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is not doing anything differently than other years.  He has always been a hard worker who is always one of the first to the park.  Whatever "doubts" were out there certaintly don't come from the front office who just hung up the phone on the Marlin's interest in Middy and a few other teams.