A-Rod and others facing suspension for PED use.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: A-Rod and others facing suspension for PED use.

In response to crix's comment:

No Red Sox in the mix:

Player/Team

Ryan Braun Brewers

Everth Cabrera Padres

Melky Cabrera Blue Jays

Francisco Cervelli Yankees

Bartolo Colon Athletics

Nelson Cruz Rangers

Fautino de los Santos Free agent

Gio Gonzalez* Nationals

Yasmani Grandal Padres

Fernando Martinez Astros

Jesus Montero Mariners

Jordan Norberto Free agent

Jhonny Peralta Tigers

Cesar Puello** Mets

Alex Rodriguez Yankees

ok, show of hands for those that said ..WHO??? Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

No Red Sox in the mix:

Player/Team

Ryan Braun Brewers

Everth Cabrera Padres

Melky Cabrera Blue Jays

Bartolo Colon Athletics

Nelson Cruz Rangers

Gio Gonzalez* Nationals

Yasmani Grandal Padres

Fernando Martinez Astros

Jesus Montero Mariners

Jordan Norberto Free agent

Jhonny Peralta Tigers

Cesar Puello** Mets

Alex Rodriguez Yankees

David Otiz Red Sox

Please not Big Papi.

Please not Big Papi.

Please not big...

InnocentWink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i love this.  nail 'em all.  public humiliation.

hey brauny - put up all the #'s you want.  never, ever hall for you.

hahahaha arod.  guessing he will never step foot on a MLB diamond again.  and the yanks have to pay him >$20MM per year for a handful more years.  hahahaha.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

i love this.  nail 'em all.  public humiliation.

hey brauny - put up all the #'s you want.  never, ever hall for you.

hahahaha arod.  guessing he will never step foot on a MLB diamond again.  and the yanks have to pay him >$20MM per year for a handful more years.  hahahaha.

This time, I agree with you; which is why Hank S. no longer makes decisions; too late; Boras knew he was a dope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Ya know, just sitting here thinking out loud about ARod. Do any of you really think that he gives a tinkers damn if he ever steps onto a diamond ever again? The guy is a multi-gazillionare who has the fabulously georgeous Torrie Wilson for his girl friend. He could become another John Travolta man. Become a pilot and buy his own learjet. Spend the rest of his life jetting to anywhere on the planet he chooses to with Torrie as his co-pilot.

my heart bleeds for the guy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

He could become another John Travolta man. Become a pilot and buy his own learjet. Spend the rest of his life jetting to anywhere on the planet he chooses to

unfortunately....he'll eventually come back Sealed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Ya know, just sitting here thinking out loud about ARod. Do any of you really think that he gives a tinkers damn if he ever steps onto a diamond ever again? The guy is a multi-gazillionare who has the fabulously georgeous Torrie Wilson for his girl friend. He could become another John Travolta man. Become a pilot and buy his own learjet. Spend the rest of his life jetting to anywhere on the planet he chooses to with Torrie as his co-pilot.

my heart bleeds for the guy. 

With a good numbers of players, I don't think it's a matter of "I've got enough money. I can do want I want."

Playing the game, at a high level, IS what they want.

It's not just what they do for a living, it's who they are.

I don't doubt for a minute that A-rod wants to play again.

But, as shallow as the guy seems to be (and what we know is really just second-hand info), I don't think it's just about the money.

I would be surprised if he wants the way last year ended, to be the way his career ends.

Then again, maybe it's jus me, really wanting the Yankees to be stuck with that contract for the full length of it. Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

He could become another John Travolta man. Become a pilot and buy his own learjet. Spend the rest of his life jetting to anywhere on the planet he chooses to

unfortunately....he'll eventually come back Sealed

[/QUOTE]
    ya really think so jetes? but you got youk!!!! oh wait a sec............Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

As I mentioned before, cortisone-type steroids and anabolic type steroids are different. Cortisone-type are given for allegies, inflammation etc.  Anabolic-type are given to increase muscle mass.

If a general test for steroids is given, both will show up and be positive.

A specific test for the anabolic-type steroid used will have to be given to come up positive for it.

So, if people don't know what they're doing, a player could get a cortisone injection for his sore back(inflammation...disc..etc.) and a test for 'steroids' would be positive.  But, this 'positive' steroid test would be for cortisone type and not the anabolic type.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Unfortunately, this development is going to fizzle like an ARod postseason AB (2009 excepted). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

•  

MLB     FOX Sports Exclusive Will Bosch's word be enough?   Ken Rosenthal Share This Story  Ken Rosenthal

Ken Rosenthal has been the senior baseball writer for FOXSports.com since August 2005. He appears weekly on MLB on FOX. Follow him on Twitter.

MORE>>       Updated Jun 5, 2013 6:52 AM ET       

I can hear it now, the predictable refrain from the agents and the union officials, the spin doctors and the handlers.

Up Next 0 Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun Could Avoid Suspensions Find out why MLB's case against A-Rod and Braun may not result in any suspensions. Share     Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun Could Avoid Suspensions  

Find out why MLB's case against A-Rod and Braun may not result in any suspensions.

Date 12 hrs ago, Duration 1:47, Views 0

Video by:  Fox Sports

“Tony Bosch is not credible,” they will say. “If baseball suspends players based on his sworn statement, we will vigorously appeal.”

These things never are as simple as they sound, never get resolved as quickly as one might expect.

Indeed, the battle between baseball and the players who allegedly received performance-enhancing drugs from Biogenesis is far from over.

Baseball achieved a significant breakthrough by reaching agreement with Biogenesis founder Tony Bosch to cooperate with its investigation into his now-defunct Miami-area clinic.

The development, reported Tuesday night by ESPN, could help the sport secure corroborating evidence for records obtained by its investigators, records that name about 20 players, including baseball’s most wanted, Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun.

But suspensions?

Braun tested positive, looked guilty as all heck — and mounted a strong enough legal challenge to get a 50-game suspension overturned in arbitration.

Up Next 0 Braun responds to allegations Ryan Braun talks about the latest story linking him to PED use. Share     Braun responds to allegations  

Ryan Braun talks about the latest story linking him to PED use.

Date 11 hrs ago, Duration 1:41, Views 0

Video by:  FOX Sports Baseball News

The US government fared no better in legal cases against Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens. So, forgive me for holding off trying to figure out whether A-Rod will get a 50- or 100-game suspension, how it would affect his future with the Yankees, etc.

Baseball has been “seeking” suspensions of Rodriguez, Braun and others for months. Bosch certainly is a critical piece to the sport’s puzzle. But he is not a licensed physican, his anti-aging clinic is out of business and he previously told ESPN, “I don’t know anything about performance-enhancing drugs.”

His credibility is about on par with that of Roger Clemens’ former trainer, Brian McNamee, who became the government’s chief witness against the pitcher.

Which is to say, his credibility is in doubt.

The alleged users, of course, are not necessarily beacons of integrity themselves — many, in fact, may be liars of the highest order. But the question is whether baseball can prove that A-Rod, Braun, et al, indeed purchased PEDs from Biogenesis.

CHEAT SHEET These athletes flouted the rules. Who's in this hall of shame?

Slips of paper listing their names, a sworn affidavit from Bosch admitting that they were customers — heck, I’m not a lawyer, but I’d take my chances tearing baseball’s case apart.

And that assumes baseball’s “deal” with Bosch is legally proper, a point that already is being questioned.

ESPN, citing sources, reported: “In exchange for Bosch's full cooperation . . . Major League Baseball will drop the lawsuit it filed against Bosch in March, indemnify him for any liability arising from his cooperation, provide personal security for him and even put in a good word with any law enforcement agency that might bring charges against him.”

Said one player agent, “The amount of money paid to Bosch will become a critical issue. Federal courts have held that whether or not the testimony is truthful, the amount of money paid is a factor that must be considered in determining the credibility of the witness. Did the total amount paid to the witness have any influence on the testimony?”

Oh, I can hear others on the players’ side now:

“Bosch agreed to cooperate with baseball only to save his own rear. He’s broke. He’s talking in order to get baseball to drop its lawsuit against him. He needs the various forms of protection that baseball offered him, according to ESPN.

“What does baseball have? Nothing.”

Baseball needs proof. And while the sport is fighting the good fight, pursuing this matter to the fullest, I seriously doubt that Tony Bosch’s word will be good enough

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

All this does is fan the flame of public opinion; on that note, shame on Selig for not doing anything until Congress forced his hand, and for NOT disallowing the current artificial HR records, for as far as I am concerned, Maris and Aaron still hold them.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Tiger Woods? He was long off the tee from the beginning, when he was skinny and didn't have a workout regimen.

He wasn't any longer than the longer hitting peers of his age and physical stature, and he was shorter than the longest hitting PGA Tour players back in 1996 and 1997, when he turned professional. "Workout regimens" without artifically introlduced hormones do little other than tone muscle and slightly increase endurance. "Workout regimens" do almost nothing to increase muscle mass.

Barry Bonds was "skinny", at one time, but was a very naturally talented professional baseball player who introlduced externally designed hormoned into his blood. Barry Bonds and the records nonsense is a total fraud.

And, unlike baseball, golf demands accuracy, which PEDs, if anything, inhibit.

In fact, baseball demands both power and accuracy to keep the ball fair.

In fact, bat speed and golf clubhead speed are essential elements of power to create distance.

In fact, bat speed and golf clubhead speed, if high enough, give the baseball player and golfer increased bat and clubhead speed to overpower the playing field with distance.

In fact, enough clubhead speed in golf allows inaccurate tee shots on Par 4's and Par 5's to send the ball far enough to end up with more wedge and short irons out of the rough.

In fact, a "skinny" bones frame with a "workout regimen" (measure lower radius, ulna and width of the scapulas) is not going to produce enough power for enough tournaments or enough years to break all-time seasonal and cumalative records   

His resurgence this year is in part the result of lots of practice and a putting lesson from I think Steve Stricker.

In fact, nearly all professionals practice a lot and get putting lessons. In fact, his "desurgence" resulted from soft tissue joint injury and the attention distraction resulting from his divorce and exposure as a serial philandering user of young financially dependent women.   

The guys who win the long drive contests rarely compete successfully on the PGA tour.

In fact, without tremendous clubhead speed, the short drive contest winners like Mike Reid and Corey Pavin and Curtis Strange were unable to compete successfully on the PGA Tour during the emergence of the PED "bobmers" era of professional golf in the late 90's.   

Interestingly, early in his career bantam Ben Hogan hit drives with a draw and regularly competed in long drive contests, so size or bulking up are not essential to hitting a golf ball hard.

"Bantom Ben" was called that becuase of his height, not the size of his bone frame. The man had genetic large hands and forearms. Hogan also played in the soft ball era when a large part of the skill required for the competitions was controlling the flight of a ball that if hit with the wrong clubface angle and path would produce terrible results. He also played in the era of golf when golfclubs were not designed out of materials that would allow a player with elite clubhead speed to use the clubs to overpower the smaller playing fields of that era.

And hitting a golf ball hard doesn't equate to golf success without accuracy and, more importantly, great touch, especially from 150 yards in.

In fact, breaking reocrds and elite sustained golf career success in the PED's era of golf is not possible with the best touch and game from 150 years in, in the history of the game, without elite clubhead speed off the tee. 

Nicklaus also was long off the tee, but he was great with his irons, really thought his way thru a round, always prepared well for the majors, and was a superb putter.

Nicklaus was a percentages player with elite clubhead speed for his era who was a terrific putter. He was weak from 150 yards in from off the green shrot game compeared to his better peers. Because of the equipment and golf ball limitations compared to the 90's higher tech lightweight equiptment and lower spin polyurethane golf ball, was unable to overpower the many smaller playing fields of the era which produced outstadning 150 yards in players like Lee Trevino and Gary Player.    

Woods is long off the tees, but somewhat erratic, which is why he sometimes hits that two iron or a fairway wood, but he is great with his irons and terrific around the greens with a wide variety of flop shots, etc.

Woods has always been wild with his driver, even with the lower spinning golfball of the late 90's. The reason he's able to do what he does with long irons and fairway metals on long Par 4's and Par 5's is because of his clubhead speed. While he has an outstanding short game, around the green, his short irons from 150 yards in have always been less than elite among the better players among his peers. He is prone to the issues that come with too much clubhead speed for the accuracy required for the short irons from 150 years, where he frequently pulls them and delofts them or overcompensates and pushes them high right, which results in less than pinpoint carry distance control on the short irons.

Woods' is not a pure speed putter, which is what the greatest putter in golf history have always been. See Paul Runyan, Ben Crenshaw, Jack Nicklaus. Woods' is an oustanding putter, but in the mold of Tom Watson. They hit the shorter distance putts firmly to hit the back or just under the lower edge of the hole. These kinds of putters have more problems with age, because the firmer speed results in more 3 putts from short distance as the nerves and flesh ages.

Tiger Woods was genetically talented for golf. As with all elite players in a sport, he was born with elite eye-hand coordination. However, he is genetically smaller bone framed person. I was almost certain, from the late 90's "transformation", that he was the first poster child for PED's external hormone user in golf history. Not neccesarily the first golfer to do so, but the first one with elite eye-hand coordination to do so.

The obvious reasons for Tiger Woods to succumb to the temptation of PED hormone use is the same as it is for Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong and others:

1. Money (No, these guys don't turn down more millions because they already had early millions. They don't start becoming a full-time charity performer)

2. Same as #1, except they are looking to prolong their careers and intesify the success of their careers to break seasonal and cumaltive sports history records

3. They don't they they will ever caught and/or nothing will be done after the fact and/or no one will care

For those of you who are "In the hole!!" Tiger fans, you are ignoring the obvious if you think:

A. Tiger's not taking PED's because he just works hard and is so good on his short game and/or

B. Tiger's never failed any PED drug testing and/or (There was no testing at all in in any of golf's majors or the PGA Tour, until 2008, the year of Tiger's last major, which was when the PGA Tour first started urine testing. Urine testing will not enable the labs to detect use of designer human growth hormone)

C. He has a trend setting workout regimine which is how he's so fit, wedged out and strong and flexible and/or  (No workout regime does anything much beyond increased flexibility, areobic endurance, and toning and slightly increasing the endurance of genetic muscles, with only a slight increase in the mass of the muscles)

D. PED hormone use would hurt golfers or wouldn't do anything to help swinging a golf club (In fact, it will increase clubhead speed for anyone for the same obvious reasons baseball palyers use PED hormones)

Now, let's look at some facts:

1. Increased Muscle mass from PED hormone use puts weight on the joints that were not genetically designed to support the weight from that mass. (At a premature young age, even for professional athletes, abusers will manifest a higher incidence than the overall young athletic population, soft tissue joint injury to the tendons and ligaments)

2. Tiger Woods', rehabbing from a soft tissue joint injury and bone fracture injury, had a medical procedure done commonly called "blood spinning", in 2008, in Woods' house in the State of Florida. (2008 was the first time the PGA Tour began urine testing only, which detects recent anabolic steroids us but not designer human growth hormone)

3. The Dr. who did that procedure did that procedure illegally under Florida law, because he was from Candada and was not licensed to do that procedure. in the State of FL.

4. The physician who did that procedure was a man named Dr. Anthony Galea.

5. Dr. Galea's clients also included MLB player Alex Rodriguez.

6. Dr. Galea's assistant, Mary Anne Catalano, was Dr. Galea's assitant who described the modus operendi for the "blood spinning" tretaments that Dr. Galea was performing on athletes, which she said included a "cocktail with human growth hormone".

7. The charges against Dr. Galea stated athletes received injections of HGH, banned by major sports, and Actovegin, a derivative of calf's blood not approved for use in the United States. Athletes were given intravenous Actovegin drips and platelet-rich plasma therapy, a treatment used to speed healing that involves extracting blood from patients and re-injecting just the plasma.

8. In 2011, Dr. Galea plead guilty to a federal crime which involved federal trafficing in human growth hormone. 

Tiger Woods is the Lance Armstrong of golf. He and A-Rod have both admitted Dr. Galea did these "blood spinning" procedures in their homes, but have denied human growth hormone was used.

The circumstantial evidence is a smoking gun, beyond a reasonable doubt. There would be no reason to use this Canadian Dr. to do this procedure if it didn't involve the human growth hormone "cocktail".

This is the best kept ESPN and mass media secret in golf history! The only question is whether honroable reporters will call Woods out for being a PED abusing golfing fraud, which goes against the very essence of the spirit of the game of golf and the rules in which the competitions are conducted under. "Cheater" is the slang which doesn't do this justice.

The next question is how long will it take the media and the golfing governing bodies to introduce state of the art blood testing to expose and ban frauds like Tiger Woods.

A-Rod and Woods are very similar, in terms of the cases. The only difference is that A-Rod has been exposed by the media, and, hopefully, will soon receive a lifetime ban from MLB.

Any golfer using hormones for performance enahancement should be banned from the game, for life.  

Great information!!

Question....was this 'spinning' procedure the same one done on Colon when he made his dramatic comeback?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

No Red Sox in the mix:

Player/Team

Ryan Braun Brewers

Everth Cabrera Padres

Melky Cabrera Blue Jays

Bartolo Colon Athletics

Nelson Cruz Rangers